Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Greer Trumble

251 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Is Your Name Googled? Please share ideas
10/22/2008 9:14:25 AM

Exposure is definitely a two-edged sword!

:)

Regards, Greer Trumble _____________ Can you give away an auto responder account?
If you can you will be successful and build your list! Get a FREE Autoresponder

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/22/2008 10:12:29 AM

Greer,  Thanks for popping in.  Never met you before so I sent you an invitation. 

Not sure you grasped the meaning of the discussion here.  Could you check your name on the net, give us feedback and add anything to our discussion or ask a question.

Glad to welcome you to this discussion as it is the difference between being successful and faltering (been there and done that for 3 years).

+0
10/26/2008 9:00:50 AM
No, Mary, I haven't Googled my name, but I realize that it is highly likely that there are individuals on the Internet who have the ability to monitor my transmissions and recepitions.

Fortunately, I don't send embarrassing or sensitive messages.  I am worried, however that my ads might be diverted to the trash heap by malificent interceptors which could account for the lack of inquiries about joining me in my programs or taking advantage of my consulting services.

I probably get the bulk of my spam from autobots that pick off my e-mail addresses out of cyberspace and load up my mailboxes with the 1000 or so bits of "junk mail" I have to wade through every day.

Evne on AdlandPro, I get several hundred "offers" (more in spam than in my direct AdlandPro e-mail) ...folks don't really want to be yoour "friend" or get to join in their discussion group...they want to sell you stuff and get you to join their affiliate programs.

I guess that's the way "life on the Internet is".

A minimum, a positive solution might be to create a monitoring program that could
be relied on to clean out the spam mails and/or be programmed to respond only to
e-mails from bona fide contacts...if there were a way to detect autobot generated sales pitches so that that mail could be minimized, my life would be better.

Mike Harris

AdlandPro ID # 521
Michael J. Harris President/CEO ESCI
+0
11/5/2008 5:03:28 PM
You are right Mary, whenever I use to google my name, my Adlandpro page was one that was usually on the first or second page.  My name right now concerning my website is number one out of over one million pages.  There are other pages of mine in other areas but the Adlandpro one I couldn't find.
I even found one where I had added a comment in someone's blog about branding.  I had forgotten it and didn't think it was my comment but it was. :)
How about putting in different keywords of what you have written about in Adlandpro, maybe you would show up that way.

Now that I have written that, I put your name in google Mary and you are top listing with Adlandpro link out of 59,400

Patricia Downing
To have a serious business online it is a good idea to have a domain. An affordable hosting program can be obtained at Viral Host. There are different packages that will fit your circumstance and give you great support! http://prairiemade.com/vhpat.html http://www.patriciadowning.com
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/6/2008 7:25:36 AM

Mike, I hope by now t hat you have tested both your name and your branded name.

Perhaps you missed the whole idea of this thread.  It clearly brings up the idea that we don't send ads but build relationships.  I can't interest you in buying Syn-flex if you don't have arthritis which appears on my blog.  However, I can build a relationship and perhaps  interest (not sell) you in one of my other business ventures.

The ads in your mailbox are from targeted messages which are ads sent from members of Adlandpro and not necessarily on your friends list. To filter them out would defeat the whole purpose of the Targeted message.

Your e-mail provider should filter your spam.  I think you need to check that out.

To be truthful seldom does a "friend" i.e. contacts, join any of my programs.  People in Adlandpro not even on my friends list are most likely to investigate my business ventures.  Friends  are for sharing ideas, acknowledging contributions to the community, encourage one another, etc. Many of the successful marketers have few friends and do not participate in forums.  You just never see them but they are using the services of Adlandpro in other ways.

One of the options is to turn off the mail.  Go to your account and go through the wizard.  Check off "vacation" mode.

Hope this covered all the subjects you brought up.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!