Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: If you don't drive your business...
10/2/2008 12:04:57 PM
Good Day Bogdan

I read your quote by B.C. Forbes and I noted the comments made here, all very good, but to me missing the point.

What did Mr. Forbes really mean?

To drive your business, any business, means starting with the premise of...what is your business?

If you go to any offline business, you will find that they needed to start at the beginning... I want to open a store...I want to ( for example) open a restaurant.  The next stage is the where, the what type, locations,strategy, competition etc.

In other words they have to do their research and then build.

After that comes the getting the word out..that call to action, through a variety of venues.

If You do not do any one of these steps properly, then reality check, You wont have a business at all!

All too often on the net, we are driven not by good business model/concept/delivery, without thought and focus, we are driven by the this overwhelming need to make money.  These are just facts that I have noticed and at one time I fell into.

Just like you have built your business of Adland around your concepts , we all can learn from you and so many others on the how to's?

Driving Traffic means understanding the trends, the ability to adapt and grow but to me other considerations are:

focus - that means to me concentrating on your business and not getting way laid by some get rich scheme.

Prioritize - By developing your business plan and keeping your self on a course, through organizing your time and your seeing the big picture of your business as well as the details, your business will grow.  That to me with BlogNet Awards as an example, is the positive results we have (PR 2 and Alexa under 330,000 in just one month) is because of the preparation that was done in advance. Other aspects ar taking care of all the people that rely on you for answers to their questions,  then the promotions etc.

Organizing - With so many people working on the net- how to manage your time.  Do you know where your logins are? Do you have back ups if something goes wrong? knowing the service providers, managing meetings so that your time is not spent running around going crazy,

Humor - Oh boy!  without being able to laugh then you lose something...you lose again that first point..your focus.  What started with a joy, ends up being just another job, with nothing to sustain you.

Maybe one last element is so needed - being with those people who will help and support you without that, what is the point to driving any business?

Thank you for creating a way for people to communicate and share ideas.

To Your Success,
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/2/2008 1:18:00 PM

"If you don't drive your business, you will be driven out of business."

-- B. C. Forbes, Founder of Forbes Magazine

I don't believe I missed the point.  From the statement by Mr.Forbes, one would assume that you already have a business and you have been through the planning and development stage and you are now ready to drive your brand new vehicle to success. 

I agree that paying attention to trends and the like will help your business reach new heights, but has little to do with the actual driving of your business.  The ability to recognize and positioning your business to take advantage of these trends is driving your business.

Let's Make IT Happen Together,

ULearn2Earn Jim
Watch This Video and Get Back to me.
Mentors Club Video

Help at Your Fingertips

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/2/2008 3:14:16 PM

Diane,  I too do not think we misunderstand the quote it is just that everyone intreprets a quote different way.

I, however, am not understanding the "competition" stated by Thomas. It does not seem that he is referring to the quote but to people here in the forum. 

Business is driven by competition in that one always has to make adjustments to keep up with competition. The competition will keep a business owner on their toes and alert to changes and needs of the customer. If you are not in charge of your business (driving your business), you will soon be driven out of business.

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/2/2008 4:17:53 PM
Hello there Mary, since i am in the traffic software business , yes i am refering to Bogdans quote as i drive it every single day because i am in charge of it, thank very much. Have a nice day. Thomas
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Qaim Khan

805 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/2/2008 4:34:56 PM

Thank you Bogdan for such wise saying,

Adlanpro friends are invited to have closer look at:

Get seen -- get paid! You can now get paid to drive your car, wear T-shirts, and more! Just join the EyeEarn Advertising Network and start earning money effortlessly while you go about your day! It's fun, easy, and no experience is necessary!

http://www.eyeearn.com/kab

Thinking about starting a home business? Not sure where to begin? Start your home business on a rock-solid base! Consider teaming up with us. Since 1985, we've helped tens of thousands of men and women worldwide build successful home businesses. www.sfi4.com/9155252/FREE http://www.tripleclicks.com/9155252/go A Massive opportunity to profit awaits by joining us now. IT Recruits IT Converts IT Sells for you IT Builds your team IT Grows your business/s IT Provides endless sites IT Sends traffic to your sites -AutoPilot... Advertising -AutoPilot... Marketing -AutoPilot... Recruiting -AutoPilot... Signups -AutoPilot... TeamBuilding -AutoPilot... Any Business Opportunity -Autopilot...Massive Income For Life -Infinite Forced Matrix Cheers.... To The Greatest Internet Marketing Opportunity So Far... In The History Of Internet Marketing. https://gofounders.net/founderinvitation/invitation/10824
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!