Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: If you don't drive your business...
10/2/2008 7:28:16 PM

Hi Bogdan,

Sorry for not getting back to the forum sooner, got a wee bit busy.

I think Mary said it the best, it is all in perspective of how you read.  B.C Forbes was noted for his provocative quotes of that there is no doubt.

When I first saw this quote by the way, without realizing, I actually read it as

" If you don't drive (market) your business, you will be driven out of business.

It was after giving it thought and actually doing some research on the man, that I revised my way of looking at this quote and its meaning. It was how I based my last comment to Bogdan.

That being said - Lets look at this quote from the angle of assumption -  that the business model has been chosen, the business created.....

What next?

How to get the word out..the call to action...or the promoting aspect to any successful business.

We have off and again..online affiliations, commission sales..affiliate programs, call it what you will.  They all follow a formula if you will.

Just to be clear there are those who are Master Affiliate Marketers, who have through trial and error learnt the ropes to this type of industry and make their living doing this type of business very successfully.

So what is the criteria to making driving your business successfully?

1. You need to know your product.  Unless you know the ins and outs of any product, from its uniqueness, its history everything there is to know about a product, you can not talk with authority.

2. You need to know your market.  This to me is simple, but complex.  You need to understand the demographics of where you are going to sell. You need to understand people, their wants and needs.  Does it answer a need, answer a problem or create a solution.

3.  You need to know all the different avenues..or venues where you are going to get the information about your product to anyone and Mary did give some good ideas to this.

4   You need to know the trends in how things are marketing in the now as well as in the future.  If you study the net, you will see that everything is moving towards Web 3.0.  We are in  Web 2.0 ( not to be confused with the program of the same name), so be aware of this.

5. Being organized.  In the context of marketing, being organized means having your log ins organized, how long are you going to do any one activity, taking care of your single best tool, your computer,  knowing how to use the Web 2.0 platforms to your advantage.  This means learning how to use forums, social communities etc properly with proper content and good manners.

6. Creating relationships with your customers in an ethical manner.  Know how to be a good sponsor and being there to answer all the questions one might have.

7. focus.  Without a focus you can not succeed in any business affiliate or not.  If there are programs out there that can help in your primary business, then logic says if you have done your due diligence, then of course you will add to your arsenal.

8 Learn how to brand yourself, so that when you create those relationships, people, in this sector or your customers, will learn to to go to you, because you have shown you are an authority figure.

9.  Learn the business laws of advertising.  The fact is there are many who come into the marketing platform, ill equipped to know what is spam, copyrights etc

10.  Humor.  Regardless of whether you are an owner of a business, an executive or working on the net in whatever capacity, if you cant laugh, then it is just a fact, it will end up being just another job, that surely will drive anyone out of their business.

I believe I have now covered everything from both perspectives.

Regardless of the perspective, without good friends to support and help you, having a successful business will mean very little.

I wish all of you well and may you be successful at whatever you do.

To Your Success,

Diane
Administrative Director
BlogNet Awards

+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/2/2008 8:27:24 PM
Thank You Bogdan :)

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2008 1:58:18 AM

Bogdan

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2008 9:14:24 AM

Diane,  What an excellent list.  This  list of yours is going to  be copied and hung   by my computer as a reminder. 

Do you remember the old adage, "the customer is always right".  You hit on some of that, "know your market".  If you sell only for your self-serve  plan you will soon be out of business.  "I" and "Me" have their place but not in business.  It is "they the customer" that should be foremost in the mind of the business owner. Find them and then serve them.

Driving business, means knowing where you are going and how you are going to get there. 

Thanks again Bogdan for a wonderful quote and Diane for all your thought provoking information. 

+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/7/2008 3:43:32 AM
Hi Bogdan,
Thank you..........

Regards,
Rinna