Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: I do not consider my self a Racist but this is interesting !
5/20/2008 9:23:47 AM

Georgios, this is all I want to reply to, your total post is very worthy and much truth.

"Dear Sara!
What do you know about Osama? Why do you think there is a confrontation in the Democratic Party right now. Can Hillary win? Or is it time for you American to understand that USA is not fo USA but for their foreign matters. The life standrd in USA depends on the rest of the world. In this case there is no diffrence between both your parties.     Maybe a new Holocost is planed this time in your country"

Actually, Georgios, I know very little about Osama (did you mean Obama?) it is confusing.  When I see Osama, I see a beautiful man, very tall and tanned, always with a rod but mainly with a rifle by his side.  He seems to have mixed his religion with war tactics and believes in destroying his enemies without any negotiation.  He has a large family and I saw at least one interview with a son (who looks much like Osama) but has a different 'take' on the world.  Who can know what lies in this person's heart?  He sees the USA as an enemy and does not like Bush.  We just might have one thing in common.  My viewpoints on Bush and his leadership are at an all-time low.

Now, about Obama.  Read Linda's first post in this thread - those statements ring true in America.  I lived in a world where anytime something wrong happened with a Black person, it was a racial issue.  If the same thing happened with me, it was just too darn bad, get over it!  I hope it has changed but I doubt it.  I have sympathy for anyone who is mistreated but I take offense when a person feels they can go out steal, lie, and kill; then feel that because they are Black it is okay and they should not be punished.  There are many things I can attest to that I will not write here because I do not want to offend anyone and I have many Black friends.

Yesterday, I listened to Obama's speech while I ate lunch.  Actually, I was in agreement with almost everything he said.  However, I also know that our political system will be in control and a President has a real challenge to put through Congress any of his desires to really help this country.  Oh yes, I have known for decades that our politicians are there for the power and profit for their own pockets and benefits.  We seem to have always suffered more with a Republican President than with a Democrat - that is the 'heart' of America, the working class and 'grassroots', the taxed to death people who can't afford medical coverage. 

I have supported Hillary throughout this campaign but I try to keep an open mind.  I do not want another 4 years of Bush administration and that is what it would be with McCain, if not even worse.  Your predictions of new Holocost could come true but let's pray not - for any country.

Now enough said, but I feel I had to reply to your statement.  All I was doing was making light of Linda's earlier statement.

Your friend,

Sara

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/20/2008 10:40:40 AM
Sara,

Thank you for your post, I strongly agree with you !

And a Holocaust should not be on anyone's mind or plans !  We need to have good plans for all nations and peoples that do not include war or destruction or pursecution ....

THE world problems of  food, drinkable water, medical care for all should be what ALL our resources are going into.   Regretfully not, but it seems that a few have the plan to fill their pockets at the human costs that are so detrimental in our world !

I don't want my children going to war,  I don't want war coming to my doorstep ! But I am a redneck American with several guns, that will have to be pried from my dead hands !

Linda
+0
5/20/2008 11:09:53 AM

Greetings All

United we stand. Divided we fall. We have all heard this cliche repeated many times and yet we still continue to be divided. Think of how many ways we are divided and how this division works to the benefit of "our leaders".

Lets go back to the last time that the people of this nation tried to unify for a common cause. It was during the Viet Nam War. Nearly everyone was against the war and people were joining together in protest. The government recognized the threat of this unification so they interjected more division into our society. The anti war movement was huge and gaining momentum rapidly. To diffuse this unification the government needed something that would divide the people more. Thus , the birth of the civil rights movement. The war protest united blacks and whites. The civil rights movement divided them. The movement against the war was still problematic for the government so they created the women's movement. Now we have blacks against whites and men against women. Three separate groups that had been unifed for a common cause were now divided into opposing forces but, each was still more powerful than the government could tolerate. Something had to happen to diffuse all opposition to the government. Something that would not only silence " The People " then but would also discourage any future unification against the government. This was accomplished with 5 bullets. One for Martin Luther King  and 4 for students at Kent State University. Divided we fall and divided we still stand.

The need for unification has never been greater than it is right now but, who is willing to die for the cause. The spirit of any unified movement is crushed immediately through the media and governmental controll. Now we have no means of communication. Sure, we have phones but our lines are tapped. Sure, we have the mail but what about the anthrax that made it neccessary for the government to search the mail. Ahh yes, the internet. The last hope. Sorry folks. It too is being monitored very closely due to the Boogeyman named Osama Binladin and the war on terrorism.

We have been duped into believing that in order to preserve our freedom and civil liberties we must be willing to sacrafice our,,,,,,,freedom,,,and civil liberties.

Can You Imagin? A United Advocacy For Autism Forum.
May a smile follow you to sleep each night
     and be there waiting,,,,,,,,when you awaken
Sincerely, Billdaddy
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!