Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Artshow please contribute and enjoy
8/17/2006 5:37:46 AM
Hi Luis Miguel, You certainly know how to get the very best out of Photoshop. Your work is beautifully simple, but by no means poor - why do you knock yourself? Your mountain picture makes me feel cold and you can feel the heat in the trees with the sunshine! Look forward to seeing the photos of your paintings when you can get them scanned. Saludos Jenny
+0
Marie Gervacio

77 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/17/2006 9:36:09 AM
Jenny has a point, Luis Miguel. Your paintings show the joy you have in creating them. Why diminish that joy with comments that lessen your worth?

You have a precious talent and you actually exercise it unlike many others who either ignore, are afraid, or don't make time for their talent. As for those you consider more skilled than yourself... you can appreciate them and their works without slamming you and your works at the same time.

The saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is a true statement especially for art.  The are some famous paintings I wouldn't want if you paid me. (well if the pay was good I would hide them in storage and take the money lol) I have seen some artwork that is truely exceptional in my eyes that may never get the attention it should get for lack of exposure, marketing, etc.

Your work is beautiful, your "trees" picture (an earlier post in watercolor) makes me feel the warmth of the sun through the trees as I walk down the path.

Wow, I am going to have to learn how to use the computer to create art also... looks fun. Thank you for the inspiration!

Marie Gervacio Your Personal Success Coach
Health & Wealth: http://www.mynsp.com/shineyourstar
+0
Marie Gervacio

77 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/17/2006 3:17:07 PM
Here is a piece of art that has a story with it...

I started this piece under the guidance of my aunt(a local artist) in my grandmother's home back when I was in high school (about 32 years ago - yikes). It is a still life of "stuff" I found in my grandmother's home. I never finished it and left it at my mom's home when I left for university and life. She found it, finished it, signed it then gifted it back to me.

It is a gift of memories and inspiration.

Marie Gervacio Your Personal Success Coach
Health & Wealth: http://www.mynsp.com/shineyourstar
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!