Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Artshow please contribute and enjoy
8/18/2006 12:43:23 PM

Hello Rose

I can not draw a line with a ruler but this is great.

Larry

Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/19/2006 5:21:33 AM
Hi again Rose,

This forum is really going!  Just wanted to post to say how much I loved your slide show!!  You and Ana Maria have done a great job.

I have a question.  What size are your paintings?  You dont say.  I get the impression that they are large - but you can never tell - One of the great shocks of my only visit to the Louvre in Paris was the size of the Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci - it was so small!  Please tell us about yours.

Love Jenny

p.s. I am green with envy to see your slide show.  I am going to learn how to do it for myself  if it kills me!
+0
Rose Enderud

2223 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/19/2006 6:39:55 AM
Hello Jenny,

I like to work with a variety of sizes. Most of them range from 5x7 to 16x20. Inches that is

I have done two larger but it is hard to find something to paint on that is larger. I painted over some old prints that I found in a fleamarket.

You will see some of my paintings have the same color scheme. I usually work three together.

Oils have to dry some between layers, working from the background to the forground. If I do three by the time I do a layer on the third I can start on the next stage of the first. I do not waste as much paint that way.

Have you gone to http://www.slide.com ? I saw that was were Anamaria did hers so I just went over there and took a look. It was pretty easy.

The hardest part was figuring out which html code they provided would work here. The one they give you for frappr works.

Rose

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/19/2006 2:53:55 PM
I'm very impressed, the slideshow is fantastic!  I especially like the blue and green one with the reflecting stream of water running through the center.  I like the colors of all of them...I really enjoy outdoor scenery images.  They remind me of some of VanGogh's paintings.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!