Menu

Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
A Big Pile of Hits is NOT Always Cause for Celebration...
3/11/2008 11:45:21 AM

Word-of-mouth recommendations for a business are much better than paying for thousands of hits to a website. 

I've seen people who paid for traffic and have nearly 100,000 hits and almost no signups.  Some of them were jumping for joy because their hit-counter was spinning up high numbers...at first, the hits were more important to them than the signups.

Then there are people who only had a few hundred site visitors and lots of signups.  Those are the people who communicate with people they already have some acquaintance with. 

The number of hits to a site is NOT a reflection of someone's success. 

We need to consistently tell people about our businesses, the same people over and over. 

Paying for a pile of anonymous hits won't do it.  Be careful about spending your money on guaranteed traffic!  Is it all coming from the countries in which your business is available?  Is it all coming from people who read English?  Is it targeted toward your particular service or product?

New Reply
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: A Big Pile of Hits is NOT Always Cause for Celebration...
3/11/2008 2:30:00 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
New Reply
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2008 5:42:10 PM
Hi Kathleen

And a big bravo for the voice of reason (and experience? LOL)

Traffic in itself is of very little value if it is not REAL traffic.  It might affect your Alexa ranking slightly, but not your search engine rankings - which are the important ones. 

Successful network marketing is a combination of advertising and relationship building - which is where the social sites like Adland and the others come in.  People do business with people they know and trust.
I wont say that I have never received business from strangers - because that would be untrue.  But there is no substitute for getting to know people.

My limited experience of network marketing has been that people buy from you if you are succeeding yourself and they can do the same.  And that they can find out from a person better than a hit!

Does anyone here still remember Dave Cottrell's forum on How to Get Real Traffic?  Real traffic is what counts - not anonymous hits

Thanks for the wake up call Kathleen

Jenny

New Reply
+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2008 6:12:52 PM
hello Kathleen..thank you for the very good marketing points...Larry
Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2008 9:39:34 PM

Hi Jenny,

Thank goodness it wasn't MY personal experience, but it is someone who works one of the same programs I'm in.  That person is always jumping up and down about having a huge amount of site visitors, but has much fewer signups than people who actually get dozens of signups from among their group of consistent prospects.

New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!