Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Dimitra Bravou

1603 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Please VOTE for the 133RD Person of the WEEK! AND THE WINNER IS........
2/29/2008 3:29:00 AM
Hi POTW Team!

CONGRATULATIONS WILLIAM!  ENJOY TO BE THE KING OF ADLAND!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Dimitra

+0
2/29/2008 7:16:44 AM
Greetings All.

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for the support and kind words that you have bestowed on me over my time here at Adland Pro. I truly appreciate all of you.

A big Thank You to AnnaMaria, Jim and Peter for all of the hard work and dedication to this community. You are all doing a great job and deserve a little recognition yourselves. So, hats off to AnnaMaria, Jim and Peter. Thank You.

Now, at the risk of being risky, rather than talk about myself here, I would like to talk about some other people near and dear to my heart. As most of you know, my primary purpose here in Adlandpro is my advocacy work. I try to bring attention to segments of our society that are less fortunate than most of us. Now, if I may, I would like to briefly describe to you what it is like to be a member of one of these less fortunate groups of people.

First, I would like to talk a little about children with autism. I believe that autism is perhaps one of the most preventable yet least studied and understood disorders of our time. Currently, 1 of every 150 children born in The U.S is diagnosed with autism. In some places, such as New Jersey, this rate is as high as 1 in 60 in some areas. There is a lot that we can do as individuals to help children with autism but as a group, there is no limit to what we could accomplish. If you would like to learn more about autism, I welcome you to my autism forum at
the following link. So far there have been 5,572 visits to this forum. I would love to see a lot more.

Next, I would like to talk about perhaps the most neglected segment of our society. This would be those with a mental illness. I myself have suffered with severe depression for most of my life. That is untill I finally found the right people, in the right place and began a successful treatment program. I am now 5 years out of treatment  other than a single medication. I am doing very well and have no fear of returning to those dark times that robbed me of much of the joy in my life. The sad thing about mental illness is that it is perhaps the most treatable of all illnesses yet so many do not receive the treatment that could change their lives. Stigma, insurance company policy and fear are  three main reasons that people do not get the treatment they need. In this country there are more people with a mental illness behind bars than there are in treatment. Just think what we could do as a united group to bring about the nessesary changes in our mental health system. I welcome you all to visit my mental health forums at

Now, what about our Veterans and Active Service Members. This is a topic that makes everyone uncomfortable. How do you Thank someone who has sacraficed their life to protect ours. How do you reward someone for earning the freedom and safety that we enjoy every day,,,,,when they are no longer with us. Well, we can help the families of our fallen heroes financially and spiritually to overcome the sense of loss in their lives. We can demand from our government that all veterans be granted the promises that were made to them prior to entering the service. There are over 500,000 homeless veterans on the streets of America right now as we speak. There are more on the way home from the middle east as well. Yes, we can do something to help these victims of society. Write to your congressional leaders and tell them that there is no excuse for even one homeless veteran. I have a forum here if you would like to learn more about how these men and women live and die. There have been a mere 237 visits to this thread. Hardly enough to make a real impact

I have well over a hundred different threads that advocate for one cause or another. Everything from politics to poisons. Spirituality to superstition. I welcome you all to come and visit my forums and see if there is a place in your heart to offer help to those who really need it.

Now, one final topic. Currently, we are an organization of over 70,000 people. Can you imagin the impact that we could have on any chosen cause. If we were to unite for the common good of our fellow man we could make a huge difference not only in our own lives but in the whole world. We are from many different races, countries and creeds.  We, as a group have an opportunity to reach around the globe and change lives in every corner. Can you just imagin what we could accomplish. Here are some of the things we could do together as a united group of caring people.

70,000 x $1 could purchase a house in  any of many different cities to house homeless veterans. What if we purchased one per year. Imagin the difference.

70,000 x $1 could buy several tons of food to feed those who are hungry every day.

We could sponser autism research. Cancer research. Help families of fallen soldiers. Buy books for the illiterate. Buy wheel chairs for the crippled. Medicine for the mentally ill. Clothes for the poor children of the world. We could lobby congress for change. Set up community action centers. Animal shelters. Orphanages. Child locater services. Days at Disneyland for handicapped children. The list just goes on and on. Can you just imagin what we could accomplish as a unified group of concerned citizens. Well, if you can, then imagin

70,000 x $2
70,000 x $3
70,000 x $5 or $10 or $20 once a year.

What is the limit to what we could accomplish together. Does a limit even exist. I think not.

Surprisingly, I believe I will start a new forum. It will be titled
" Can You Imagin " PLease watch for it. It just might change someones life forever. Maybe even yours.

May a smile follow you to sleep each night
       and be there waiting,,,,,,,,when you awaken.

Sincerely, Billdaddy
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
2/29/2008 7:37:51 AM

Hello Dimitra

I know I will run out of original ways to say Thank You here so, I don't think I will even try to be original.LOL. How about just a big ole Thank You Dimitra. I appreciate you stopping by here and for your kind words and well wishes.

Elizabeth Westberry, we send you our love,our prayers and our healing light. 

May a smile follow you to sleep each night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
           and be there waiting,,, when you awaken.

Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt

Mental Health And Political Forums Respectively

I welcome you to join me in my new network
Billdaddy's Team Builder Network
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
Valerie Clavin

4235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/29/2008 8:31:33 AM

BIll,

Congratulations!!

I like your ideas too. We could make a difference, problem is getting others involved. Sad.

BLessings

Valerie Clavin

Hugs = Priceless

+0
2/29/2008 8:37:03 AM

Greetings All

During this past week something happened that coincided perfectly with my " Can You Imagin " concept presented in my bio here. Our dear Friend Beryl was on the verge of losing her three little nieces over a little financial matter. These children were going to be separated and placed into different foster homes. Beryl had done all that she could do to prevent this from happening but had finally run out of options. Well, except for one option. She came to us, the Members of Adlandpro, and told us of her dilema. A tiny fraction of this community came together and helped this family get reunited. Most members here never even heard about what was going on but the few who did hear did what it took and saved this family a lot of pain and sorrow.

This makes me even more proud and more thankful to be a part of this community. It also inspired me even more to promote my " Can You Imagin " concept here in Adlandpro. Beryl is bringing her babies home to live with her and she could not have accomplished this on her own.

So, once again, I ask you, Can You Imagin.

Can you imagin what 70,000 people united for a single cause could accomplish. If you can't imagin, just go to Beryl's forum and see what just a handfull of people were able to do together.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/966015.aspx

Elizabeth Westberry, we send you our love,our prayers and our healing light. 

May a smile follow you to sleep each night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
           and be there waiting,,, when you awaken.

Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt

Mental Health And Political Forums Respectively

I welcome you to join me in my new network
Billdaddy's Team Builder Network

Bless yourself by blessing others

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!