Menu

Beryl Payton

2592 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: A FAVOR for an ALP Friend: If you haven't joined this yet, will you take a look? THANKS!!
11/17/2007 4:43:50 PM

Hi Kathleen,

You are a good friend and thank you for doing this for Sherry.  I can appreciate what Sherry is going through, after 15 years at a company, I was informed that my department was being eliminated and only 1 week before Christmas that year.  I was devastated, with my son to raise and a single parent, no savings and counting on that check to provide him with Christmas gifts.  I have been there several times. 

I wish you the best of luck with your ventures and I will take a closer look at this one.

Blessings,

Beryl

This Is The Healthy Lifestyle Feature-rich Information Website - Family Owned and Operated Vial Virtual Solutions Helping Business to Achieve Their Dreams
New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: A FAVOR for an ALP Friend: If you haven't joined this yet, will you take a look? THANKS!!
11/17/2007 5:40:51 PM

Hi Beryl,

I also know what that's like, to have a lower income or loss of income before Christmas.  The company my husband works for was bought out by a different owner 2 years ago, and they stopped giving Christmas bonuses, we depended on that for our holidays.  The didn't give much advance warning, just told them a month before Christmas, no one had much saved up because they always got a bonus every year.  That was tough for 2 years then we started doing better partly because of my internet stuff, and because we had to force ourselves to save more money on a regular basis thru the year.

New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/17/2007 5:45:16 PM

...just continuing, they also haven't given raises for 2 years, they took away the microwave from the factory workers on the far end of the building, and they only have 20 minutes for lunch anyway, they don't have time to walk all the way to the other side, microwave their food and eat, and be back to their station in time.  Now those people including my husband, have to eat sandwiches or cold food for their break, even in winter.

The old bosses would give out free gatorade in summer and do lots of nice things like that, now the new owners don't show any extra's to the people.

The employers should step into the shoes of the workers sometime and see what it's really like.

New Reply
+0
11/17/2007 6:13:59 PM

Friends at ALP,

You don't know how much I appreciate the comraderie and sincerity of this group.  Helping each other is what it's all about.

Jason, I hope you are right and I can thank my old boss for letting me go. And I hope that is sooner than I can imagine!  =)

Steven thank you for your well wishes. They are much appreciated.

I have dealt with even harder things than losing a job when last year I survived cancer. However, my medical insurance will expire in March and if I am not prepared that will hurt tremendously. Just another reason to pick up the pace and seriously learn how to make money online!

You guys are great and I am glad to have your friendships.

Blessings to all!

Sherry

www.fortune5minutes.com?id=4289

New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/17/2007 6:59:52 PM

Hi Sherry,

Here's something that works for me, and I tell other people to do it...but they don't stick with it!...Contact at least 16 people daily here by personal message, that adds up to about 100 per week.  Tell them about your business opportunities, and hopefully you'll get a few sign-ups.  This method works if you stick to it for a long-term basis.

New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!