Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Allyson Lier

763 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Cape St Mary's and the foggy Cape Shore, Newfoundland
3/28/2007 7:36:43 PM

Hi there,

Have you ever heard of the foggy Cape Shore?
Many fishing boats has been lost along this coastline.
This island of Newfoundland has been inhabited continuously by western European cultures for over 500 years now.
The Cape Shore is the farthest most southern tip of Newfoundland,
here is where warm wet southern air mixes with the colder drier air from the north,
it's usually foggy, it was when we arrived and cleared up while we were taking our tour inside the centre, not too often we get sunny days in Newfoundland.
Unfortunately I was only able to get a few picks online so I hope you get a pretty good idea of what it looks like there.  :)

Here's an official link.

Here's a little bit about the area:

Cape St. Mary's Lighthouse  http://members.aol.com/homesaway/pharos/LHnfld.htm

The old garrison town of Plaisance (later Placentia) was located on the south coast of the Avalon Peninsula. Commander D'Ibberville pressed his attacks up and down the English Shore from this base in the late 1600's. In 1858, Cape St. Mary's lighthouse was built nearby to mark the entrance of St. Mary's and Placentia Bays. Just twenty minutes walk along the cliffs from the lighthouse, will treat the visitor to one of Eastern Canada's largest seabird sancturaries. In mid summer, there are more than 50,000 gannets, kittiwakes and murres nesting on the 200 foot cliffs of Cape St. Mary's.

This is a picture of the museum and the light house way in the back.

This is Bird Rock.

And this is looking southeast, I guess the direction would be looking towards Africa.  :)

Cheers,

Ally

+0
Allyson Lier

763 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Cape St Mary's and the foggy Cape Shore, Newfoundland
3/28/2007 8:44:23 PM
Oh, I tried! Did this in Internet Explorer too. :-/ Ally
+0
Jason Lamure

3475 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/2/2007 10:51:24 AM

Hi Ally, its too bad we only got one pic!

Newfoundland is very beautiful and scenic, my Mom has gone on Photogtraphy trips there and taken awesome pictures (all on slides eeeek)

Thanks for sharing with us!

Jason

Losing Your Pants In MLM? If Your Upline Isn't Showing You How to Get 30 Leads / Day, I Can!
http://trckapp.com/t053jnzw
+0
Dennis Clairmont

642 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/2/2007 10:13:45 AM
Hi Ally There 2 modes to these forums i think your useing the wrong mode.When you reply to someones post look up top you'll see. Switch to Simple Editing Mode Or Switch to "What You See Is What You Get" Editing Mode The easy way for pictures is Switch to "What You See Is What You Get" Editing Mode In this mode you go to websites and find a picture you want to place in the forum.Right click on it and view image.Then highlight the link address and then come back to the forum and there is a option to place image in the forum click on it and a box will come up .Then you paste your image link in the box and click ok.That's it you have an image in the forum. Dennis
+0
Allyson Lier

763 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/2/2007 3:48:32 PM
LOL Dennis! I tried every combination to post something else after this and still no luck, go back to your forum and check out how many times I tried to make it work! rofl I was going to attempt this again sometime but I just hadn't had the chance yet. ttys, Ally
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!