Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Why Does the DATE OF EASTER Change Every Year? Here's the Formula:
3/23/2007 10:53:47 AM

Hi Joe,

There's a large amount of parents who home-school here.  Your wife must really enjoy having the kids there all the time.  I couldn't wait until mine started school so I could eat junk food without them.

New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/23/2007 10:56:45 AM

Hi Joyce,

I don't think he'd mind if women pinched his cheeks.  Dennis's main concern is that his hair is too wavy, just like Grandpa!  I told him that women love wavy hair and if he keeps cutting it back or shaving his head to a crewcut, women may lose interest.  I sure do, when the man who plays "Carlos" on Desperate Housewives cut his waves off, I lost interest!  Then a character on my show Guiding Light also cut his  hair too short...same thing!

New Reply
+0
Dona Dry

85 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/24/2007 10:42:56 AM

Hi Kathleen,

I often wondered why Easter came early some years and later other years.  Now I know why!  Thank you for giving us this information.  I always liked Easter later in April because it was warmer, the flowers were in bloom and it was such a joy to go to the markets and smell the easter flowers, see the easter candy and easter baskets.  Every year the saturday before easter sunday when I was young my mother and her lady friends would take a large basket filled with ham, homemade easter bread, colored eggs, sausage, butter, and a variety of other items that were to be put at the alter to be blessed by the priest.  The church  smelled sooo good.  The next day after church on easter sunday we ate the food that was blessed in the basket along with pototo salad and noodle salad.  And of course my mother always made nut roll. 

Happy Birthday to your son Dennis.  He seems like a great kid and is going down the right tracks in life.  I wish him well in all his activities he accomplishes.  Easter will soon be here in another week or so.  It would be great to hear what Easter memories other friends in the community can remember.  Let me hear from you all!!!

Dona M. Dry
New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/24/2007 12:26:08 PM

WOW!  Thanks, Dona!

All that great food makes me hungry.  I always liked getting dressed up for church, my sisters and I had the Easter bonnets and white gloves and little purses, they didn't like wearing the hats when they got older but I always enjoyed all the accessories.  Catholic church had rules about women keeping their heads covered, that's a good reason to have a fine hat.  Churches do have a good smell, I think it's the incense and the furniture polish on all the pews.

Easter memories, we always got 3 eggs in our baskets, plus candy of course.  My kids make faces about eating 1 egg!  I love eggs, I could eat a full dozen if I wanted to.  Also I remember biting the head off my hollow chocolate rabbit and filling it with jelly beans and carrying it around, an edible candy holder made from candy! 

When my son was little, one year we gave him a white chocolate bunny, he didn't like it and hid it under the sofa.  I found it some time later, I looked under there and thought it was some sort of skull of a small animal...I was afraid to reach under and pull it out, it was just a white chocolate candy rabbit.

Dennis could end up being a military general or a government official, he's very serious. 

New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!