Menu

Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Why Does the DATE OF EASTER Change Every Year? Here's the Formula:
3/21/2007 4:21:17 PM

The date of Easter Sunday is...it will be the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox.

The when when after the what what?

Today is the first day of Spring, also known as the Vernal Equinox.  The first full moon after this will be on Monday, April 2nd.  Then the first Sunday after that is April 8th which will be Easter Sunday this year.    Now you know how to figure it out for all future years!  Right?  Riiiiiight!!  Okey-dokey!

I'd also like to say a big HAPPY 15th BIRTHDAY to my son, Dennis Alexander, a true warrior.  He overcame several ear surgeries as a child to go on to winning athletic awards and he's on the National Honor Society.  He also recently developed knee problems that may cut short his athletic career.  He ran 100 miles when he was in first grade, one mile per day, he kept at it until he got to 100 miles, none of the other first or second graders achieved that accomplishment.  Woohoo!!  Yes, we still have that medal and all the others and all the scholastic awards with many more to come.  I think his life is very much in order no matter what drawbacks life throws at him.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DENNIS!!

New Reply
+0
Chris Agostarola

979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Why Does the DATE OF EASTER Change Every Year? Here's the Formula:
3/21/2007 4:29:06 PM

Happy B-day to your son Kathleen! Sounds like you should be very proud of him! Hold him very dear. I have a 16 yr old son who is determined to throw his life away. We are going through a very rough time right now. You are very blessed.

Chris

Chris Agostarola LunaWolf's Mystical Essence http://lunawolfsmysticalessence.com/store/affiliate.asp?aff=71 FREE TO JOIN!!! Watkins www.watkinsonline.com rep#380993 to join : http://www.tsginfo.com/index.php?rc=CA4792
New Reply
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2007 5:02:02 PM

Check this out, 8 years ago Easter Sunday (April 4th) 1999 i was baptized into the Lords Spirit and happened to have my 33rd birthday a week before. Now every year it gets more complicated. Lol Thanks for clearing that up Kathy. The Queen of information.

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2007 5:35:13 PM

Hi Chris,

We don't look old enough to have teenagers!  I also had problems when I was a teenager, someday your son just may become brilliant, I think everything I went through made me a much better parent than I would have been if I had been more well behaved.  I tell my kids every day not to smoke, not to skip school, not to get involved with the wrong friends, they know I'm gonna tell them 10 times a day but so far they have listened.

New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2007 5:44:51 PM

Hi Tom,

When my stepson was young, his birthday was the same day as Easter, maybe more than once on April 19th.  Then each year as the date of Easter changed, he got annoyed that he didn't get all the candy on his birthday, it's difficult to explain to kids...and to adults...and it's difficult to remember.  Most of us just wait for the calendar to tell us which day it's on.  I heard it once a long time ago, then I forgot, then I heard it again recently so this time I'll try to remember.  Good thing you got baptized as an adult, both of our stepsons thought it would be cool to be baptized when they were teenagers in the Pentecostal church in the big tank of water, one of them didn't keep track of his seriousness for very long. 

New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!