Menu

Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What happens when a red-haired mermaid touches a unicorn's horn??
3/10/2007 7:52:03 PM

Hi Joe,

Other favorite words are condundrum and unwieldy.  One time my husband said the word CUMBERSOME when he was carrying a filing cabinet thru the store on the way to the cashier, and I didn't say anything for a minute...and then I had to say it!  "Wow!  You said a 3-syllable word!"  His reply "I knew you'd say SOMETHING, I was just waiting for it!  I knew you wouldnt let that slip past you!"

Hahahahaha!!!  But then again, he always gets on my case for saying "Piping hot!"  He thought I made it up until he saw it on an ad for a coffeemaker, it keeps your coffee piping hot.   It's a common expression for ME and the coffeemaker company. 

New Reply
+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2007 8:51:46 PM

I believe that's it Kathleen ... or until you poke your finger into it ... haha!

Our cousins did that when they were little ... all their chocolates at Christmas had holes in 'em ... we would have been strangled!

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
How To Be 1 of 5 Million http://www.worldchanger.ws
New Reply
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2007 11:32:33 PM
My wife spent many a yere tryin to git me ter say mirra rectly.  Now I say mirror like most folks.  One day just a short while ago, I finally said entrepreneur correctly.  I thought she was going to pass out.  I don't have any idea how I got it out correctly, but it actually hurts my head to try and say it.  Maybe because she is a mermaid.  :)

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2007 11:44:29 PM

Hi Joe,

I sometimes just say the first syllable of mirror, "meer" its a little throwback to my eastcoast upbringing. I also leave off the last syllable of tomorrow and if i do say it it's more like the woman's name "Tamara". That bugs people! Part of it is from my Mom, her mother had an Irish brogue and Mom somehow picked that up and then I picked up a next generation of it without ever hearing my Grandmother's voice. My Mom talks constantly so it's difficult for me NOT to imitate her!  I also say pilla instead of pillow, my Mom woke up when she was in the hospital a few years ago when the nurse was trying to flip her pillow and she said "Hey!  That's MY pilla from my house, don't take it!"  WOW!

Don't ask!

New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!