Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: ADLANDPRO PRAYER CELL,,, PRAYER REQUEST FORUM
12/28/2008 7:56:34 AM

HI JOE,
Thanks alot for the comment. Sorry I am late about the reply. God bless you in 2009!
Sincerely,
Carla :)
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/28/2008 1:47:48 PM
Dear Calra and friends!

I wish you and your and all our friends a Blessed New Year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Wishes to YOU and YOURS
A 2009 to be a year
filled of Love, Happiness,
Prosperity and Family Peace

NOSTALGIA by YANNI

Click above for  YANNI ~NOSTALGIA~

Greetings from GReece
GEORGIOS AND FAMILY
Philoxenia

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Natalya Restivo

703 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/9/2009 2:42:38 PM

Hi My Dear Friends!

Let me share my inspirational story with you.

Eastern Orthodox Christmas was on January 7. It’s not celebrated in USA as widely as Catholic Christmas, but anyway, all these holiday seasons are time of miracles.

Night before Eastern Orthodox Christmas I came home from my work at midnight remembering that I had to study for lab test and do my assignment which I finished and I went to bed after 2 in the morning. When I woke up I felt completely drained.  Despite drinking tons of coffee, I felt like a zombie, my brain did not obey me, I was sluggish and had no energy, but I had no choice but get back to my textbooks.

I started rushing, which was not useful, so I tried to control myself, and this helped.

Soon, I got in my car and headed to the school. I noticed that something was wrong with my car as it was harder to operate it than usual.  It was not too bad, because I could still keep it under control, so I continued driving. Because of my not feeling well I started praying and asking God to help me and praising Him. His blessings are impossible to count, as He gave me so many of them and He does every single day. I remember that.

In a while, I noticed that a white truck that was behind me, passed me and was following on the right side of my car.  This seemed to be strange. I took a look at the driver, and noticed that he was trying to tell me something. I opened my window and heard:

-Your left tire is flat. Be careful!

I thanked this man and continued my praying and my driving. I thought that it would take some time to fix the tire, and I had a chance to miss my test.

Well, I had one more thing to ask my Lord for

I arrived to American Tires in a few minutes and found out that there was some room for my car and a worker there was waving inviting me to take this spot.

I left the car and saw that a man came to me.

- How is your flat tire? – He asked. I said I hoped it would be fixed very soon. And I told him about the man in a white truck.

- It was me. - He smiled at me.

So, I had a chance to thank him one more time.

In 10 minutes or so the worker told me that the tire is fixed. I asked him how much I should pay.

-Nothing. - Was his reply.

-Are you serious?

-Yes, you should not pay anything. - He said and gave me their flier.

I got in my car, took a look at my watch and realized that I could be late for the test. All I could do was to rely upon my God. I was driving to school, and traffic was not bad at all. When I arrived, I was 10 minutes late.  Usually the instructor starts class on time. Entering the classroom I saw Dr. Michael sitting at his table; all classmates were there and everyone looked very concentrated on something. I had a thought that they started the test.

I greeted Dr. Michael and apologized for being late.

-Don’t’ worry, - he said and asked:

-Are you ready?

-No, - I answered.

-Then sit down. You have some time to repeat the material.

-Thank you, said I to him and

-Thank you, said I to my Lord.

Frankly speaking, it was a struggle for me to concentrate on the test and other activities, but I knew that I had a great Helper with me, and I even enjoyed this lab.

At the end of our class Dr. Michael returned us our scantrons with grades. And I got a good grade! Again, I thanked my Lord for this.

My classmates and I talked that we expect very hard test next day (which was today) on kidneys function. Many of us could not make a whole picture of all these pieces of mosaic that we had in our minds. Jane told about this issue to Dr. Michael, and he gave us basic explanations that helped a lot. Mostly, I could see the whole picture of kidneys function after that. We thanked Dr. Michael for his help.

When I was driving home, I was thinking that my Christmas day was full of blessings. Certainly, I had some problems, but all of them were under my God’s control.

After we took the test, my classmates and I discussed subject of speech for next class.

Someone said:

- It should be inspirational story.

Some of us including me noted that there is no inspiration for us as we are so tired. But I was wrong.

When I came home, I wished my son Merry Christmas and told him about my day.

-You got a nice inspirational story. – He said.

I could not wait to sit down and write my story. It’s about living in state of gratitude and being happy.

May joy and happiness accompany you every day in 2009!

NEWAYS HEALTHY HOMES: http://www.ineways.com/covina
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2009 9:20:35 AM

HI FRIENDS,
Please pray for John Gatto's daughter's  mother in law named Bev, she has had a slight stroke and needs our prayers.
Thanks so much !!

+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2009 9:22:49 AM

HI NATALYA,
Thanks for posting here and I appreciate the story!
God bless you !
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!