Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Sheryl Loch

1260 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: The future trends of Inet Marketing
2/6/2007 10:17:09 AM

Good morning Brian,

They will tax, we will pay, they will spend, we will get up each day & do it all again.

This year I have watch on line business' grow in the WAHM (Work At Home Mom) group. With so many moms homeschooling, trying to find safe daycare, & the cost of going to work, moms are going to be a huge part of the on line community. I also think that women are also more open with each other about their actual life, which leads to customers having a comfort zone. These women are also more inclined to want real communication (not just typing a message). They are always ready to give you a skype, messenger, party room, or a phone number... a  way to really communicate in the here & now.

I don't know if this was the answer you were looking for,

Sheryl

+0
Joelees Wholesale

5917 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
2/6/2007 11:07:57 AM

Hi,

Thank You for the invite oh my so loved subject Taxes and Uncle Sam lol Gov has become its own corporation . ask me anyway to find a way to get a cut they will find it or make a new law to insure they do lol Best we all can do is let our voice and votes be counted Gods speed my friend :-) Lee

+0
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/6/2007 11:39:21 AM
Hi Andrew!  :-)

Thanks 4 stoppin by my friend!  This issue regarding online vs. offline sales tax is a very grey area. 

My thing is this:  You get taxed on the money you make - then you get taxed AGAIN (after you paid already on that same money) whenever you buy something........and then you are going to get taxed YET ANOTHER TIME just because you have an online business and have sold something to someone.  They got you before you get there....once youre there....and before you leave!

Is that fair?

As a business owner - you are providing a product/service to the community which helps to keep the economy rolling.  Why would "Big Brother" want to to make that even more difficult for you?  Why do they feel they are entitled to any of that money? 

To fund THIER own selfish political agendas?

Sales tax when you make purchases - - - fine.  But they need to leave their greedy mitts out of my back pocket when I sell something!  They are making their 6 figure salary (which we are all paying for) ......let us make ours!

Ad far as trends?  I agree with you whole-heartily!  Online entertainment seems to be where things are going.  Eventually, I feel the home comuputer desk will become obsolete as comupters will be integrated into your home entertainment systems.  I think it will all be together someday - your phone line will become a video phone, cable/satellite, internet and everything!

Maybe The Jetsons weren't too far off base?

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/6/2007 11:49:34 AM
Hi Sheryl!  :-)

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your comments!  There are no right or wrong answers here.....just was looking for others' opinions/thoughts.

But you are right - we seem to be @ their mercy.  They will charge us - we will pay.  End of story.

I too have expierienced a lean towards people wanting more real communication when it comes to makreting online.  A simple phone call makes the world of difference when someone is looking @ your opporutnity.

I will be very interested in seeing how "user generated content" (like stuff from YouTube or MySpace) stuff will take shape as well.  It seems to be @ a standstill right now.......and I for one would like to see how technology will intervene.

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0
2/6/2007 12:23:39 PM

I really don't have to worry at all about sales taxes. My business is one of those "personal" businesses, (where I speak to people one on one instead of recordings or typed messages) rather than an "online" one. Although we do some advertising and networking here, it is not a typical online business.

I also don't sell anything, so the only tax I pay is on my income and being a home business that also means I have deductable expenses, thus lower the tax I actually pay.

Good luck to all of you that have to collect and pay the sales taxes!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!