Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
The future trends of Inet Marketing
2/6/2007 2:13:01 AM
Hi Everyone!  :-)

With the fairly recent boom of MySpace & YouTube copycats......video mail companies......and local governments cracking down on online sales tax.....one has to wonder where the future of Online Marketing is headed.

-  Are we going to be taxed until our noses bleed?

-  Is government going to make the regulations so tight that it won't even be worth it anymore?

You hear this all the time: "This xyz thing is the future of the internet!"  Well, what do you feel the trends are that will stand the test of time? And why?

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0
Andrew Birse

188 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The future trends of Inet Marketing
2/6/2007 6:53:40 AM
Hi Brian,

This is an interesting subject for a forum.

With sales tax, wouldn't it apply the same as offline sales tax?  I guess there are special considerations with regard to levying it.. ie, if a sale is made by a company in a particular state or country to a person in the same state or country then the transaction would be liable for the sales tax if one applies.  As business people, we would need to be aware of our obligations with regard to collecting and paying taxes, just as any business owner would be.  Maybe there will be an opportunity in the market for people to provide IT solutions to make it easier.

It is a very complex issue, and depending on where you are based and where your customer lives, there could be none, local, state or national taxes to consider. 

The social networking sites like MySpace and others would seem to be on the upswing.  YouTube and the other video sites are huge and came from nowhere fast.  What's next?  Who knows.  I think the future of online opportunity lies in providing value for people - as it always has in business.  I doubt that there will ever be any one thing that can claim to be "the future of the internet".  There are simply too many people doing too many different things and inventing new ways for people to connect with other people and businesses for any one thing to dominate for very long.

Right now Google is the search engine du jour.  YouTube is the default video site and MySpace is the big social networking site.  Just as Microsoft's quasi-monopoly is being eroded as Linux makes big gains in the corporate IT landscape, something else will eventually come and bump Google, YouTube and MySpace from their positions in the zeitgeist, just because change is constant and someone will always ome up with something better.

Things move so quickly these days thanks to technological advances and the fact that so many millions of people are involved online - all connected and trying to get out in front that I find it hard to see that anything other than change will stand the test of time.  The growth will be wherever people feel like they are getting something they want.  Be it a better way to network with others, an easier way to work and shop or just to be entertained. 

If I had to place bets, it would be on online entertainment.  We will see huge growth in this as more and more people around the world get access to cheap hi-speed internet and can more easily watch movies, TV shows, and play interactive games online.

The other trend that will never die is advertising.  Whilst there are growing numbers of people trying to make money online, there will be growing numbers of ways and places to advertise to get attention for their offers. 

It will be interesting to read what you and others say.

Regards, Andrew Birse Do you want to retire in 4 years or 40? http://www.moremoney4me.biz
+0
2/6/2007 7:40:36 AM
    Hi All

This issue has been brought up numerous times in the past years

The government is just trying to get its stinking fingers into our

online businesses. Since a whole lot of the sales on the internet

are digital products it would be hard to trace.

Most of the programs are international and unless there were

an international tax it would real hard for the U S Govt. to keep

track of what is sold..

To Everyones Success

Bruce Symons
+0
2/6/2007 9:04:48 AM

HI All...JB here In the UK.  listen i hope our chancellor Gordon Brown isn't a member of adlanpro.....cos if its taxable he would be there, first to tax us, if its taxable GB would have already taxed it, i doubt if he would miss our online enterprises if he could tax it he would have done it by now IRS Agentcheers  JB 

jbird
+0
2/6/2007 9:55:07 AM
Brian:

Good forum, Andrew's comments particularly interesting and cogent.  I'd like to add that our industry needs some effective self regulation regarding language, promises, deliverables, hype and hyperbole.  We've done a pretty good job of overcoming earlier bad press but I think that our geometric growth and hyper communications capability and size of prospect base we need to by hyper vigilant on ourselves.

Zeke and Jean, The healthy java Couple  www.HealthyJavaHere.com
+0