4629 Posts
Chat
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Few men during their lifetime come anywhere near
12/18/2006 1:19:22 PM

Hi Robert,

This is great story and it has happy ending.

Our potential is not in what we already have but in what we have not discovered yet.

Some people discover what is in them while they are in difficult situations and some others when they follow their dreams. In both cases you are a creator not a follower and this is what makes the difference.

Only when you create some value, you are more complete and at the same time you will get rewards for your efforts.

In case of difficult situation or following the passion, making money is the last thing you have on your mind. You either want to survive or you want to live your life.

Bogdan Fiedur

Hello
New Reply
+0
Robert Coaster

581 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/18/2006 3:52:10 PM

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for all the inspirational quotes & stories you send all year & for the great ecard you sent all of us here at Adlandpro!

Merry Christmas & happy new year to you & your family,

Bob

New Reply
+0
12/18/2006 6:13:56 PM

I tend to relate this to those "minorities" who had been or are marginalized since birth, generation after generation. Those among them who had picked up the courage and strength had strive to do very well regardless of whatever had been staked against them. Within them, an ever glowing fire of passion had overcome whatever obstacles to achieve what could been impossible or unthinkable for normal men.

Let us strive to be one of those "Few men (women)".

Daniel Leo Bruno ** Home Shopping ** Hot Amazing Items. Hundreds of Choices. Shop and Save. Smart Deals!!! http://danielleo.fscstore.com/
New Reply
+0
Donald Rich

1529 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/18/2006 6:41:33 PM
Bogdan; thanks for sharing.
New Reply
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/18/2006 10:05:24 PM

Hi Bogdan!

Richard Evelyn Byrd

Richard Evelyn Byrd
October 25, 1888 - March 11, 1957
thumb This image has an uncertain copyright status and is pending deletion. You can comment on the removal.    
Place of birth Winchester, Virginia
Allegiance USN
Years of service 1912
Rank Rear Admiral
Awards Medal of Honor
Navy Cross
Distinguished Service Medal
Distinguished Flying Cross

Rear Admiral Richard Evelyn Byrd, USN (October 25, 1888March 11, 1957) was a pioneering American polar explorer and famous aviator.

Richard Evelyn Byrd was born into one of Virginia's First Families in Winchester, Virginia. His parents were Richard Evelyn Byrd and Eleanor Bolling Flood. A descendant of William Byrd II of Westover Plantation (founder of Richmond, Virginia), his brother was Harry Flood Byrd who became a Governor of Virginia and U.S. Senator.

Richard E. Byrd attended the University of Virginia and the Virginia Military Institute before financial circumstances inspired his enrollment and graduation from the United States Naval Academy in 1912. He learned to fly in World War I during his tour with the United States Navy. He developed a passion for flight, and pioneered many techniques for navigating airplanes over the open ocean including drift indicators and bubble sextants. His expertise in this area resulted in his appointment to plan the flight path for the U.S. Navy's 1919 transatlantic crossing. Of the three flying boats that attempted it, only Albert Read's aircraft the NC-4 completed the trip; becoming the first ever transatlantic flight.

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!