Menu

Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Women are expected to do twice as much as men ...
12/5/2006 11:05:22 AM

Hi everyone,

Well..in some circles I'm known to be a bit of a rebel, though perhaps I'm not seen in the same light here in Adlandpro.
Not wanting to impair my "image" here, this one I just can't leave alone (and it's all in good fun anyway)

There's no question that women as mothers and caregivers in the home are expected to fulfill a huge role. Wiping noses and kissing "owies", cooking, cleaning, laundry, and more. Not something many men of the "old guard" ever had much to do with, and although "traditional roles" have changed rapidly (only one generation to take women from the home and into the 9-5 world) I would admit that attitudes didn't exactly keep pace.

Take this from a guy who's had to take on both roles as "mother" and father, these things do not come easily if not "trained" for it.
I didn't much know one end of the thermometer from the other. The "big boys don't cry" attitude that was instilled in me as a boy don't work very well on a little girl with a scraped knee, and I never knew that one medium pile of laundry could become so many loads.
Fortunately I watched my Mom more than even I realized, and learned enough that my transition wasn't altogether difficult. I'm a pretty decent cook at the very least ;-)

I see more and more men these days breaking that "traditional" barrier. In all fairness we've had to. Yes, without a doubt, some continue to overlook the inequity of the distribution of labor in the home, but the smart ones have realized that to preserve the peace and tranquility, they have had to step up to the "plate" (pun intended)

So ladies, please..give us a little slack. At least some of us are trying (and many succeeding) in breaking through that "traditions" barrier.
And guys, against the locker-room belief, you are no less a man if you change diapers, mop the floors, clean the toilet, or take on any of the roles traditionally assigned to women.

But just so you all know I draw the line at wearing PINK! lol

Best regards to all liberated people.
Defy tradition where it has become a yoke!

Do you want tons of traffic? Join free here!

Get paid $10 for every referral here!

You didn't get this when it first came out?

Without a doubt the most incredible deal on the web!

Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
New Reply
+0
Dale Ostrum

265 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/5/2006 12:03:55 PM
Unfortunatly that's a true statement but also women are up to it and more than a match for the challenge
My retirement fund. 1M members to come this year. http://vortexportalpro.com/viewmercial/index.asp?id=42584
New Reply
+0
Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/5/2006 12:40:05 PM
I have had women bosses and as co-workers and have been
impressed in both occasions.

It's time we give them the respect and recognition they are
due.

Thank's Bogden.

Robert

Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17474/ShowForum.aspx
New Reply
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/5/2006 4:22:04 PM
Right on, and then some male comes along and messes up a good thing. HEee-eee However, I really rather work for a man than a women any day.
New Reply
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/5/2006 10:09:01 PM

Bogdan, Have a smile on me my friend!

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!