Menu

Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: If you just set out to be liked...
9/19/2006 3:48:40 PM
Hi Bogdan, Thanks for another great quote. Margaret Thatcher, one of my most favorite people. A highly intelligent, very capable person who was more concerned with doing what she considered to be right than what was politically expedient. While I would enjoy having people like me, I do not care (as is obvious from my posts) if they do or not. My being truthful, knowledgeable, honest and straight forward are more important to me. One co-worker (John S.) gave me the nick name of Nasty Neil. When I asked why, he said it is because you are always telling the truth and most people do not like hearing the truth. They want to hear things which support their views. To substantiate what John had said about most people not really liking to her the truth, I submit the following quote from a famous American. "The men American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try and tell them the truth." H. L. Mencken (Yes, he is another Atheist) Last, here is my addopted "Theme" Poem You may as well just speak your mind and let the consequence be damned for sugar coats and tippy toes will just dilute your brand You might as well just play your hand and jump into the fray Let those who are not prepared to deal fold now and walk away You might as well be true to you and do the things you feel An honest view of who you are Hey, might just close the deal The ones who truly "get" you are the ones who'll stick around While lives built based on fantasy aren't ever truly sound ---------------------- Please, Take Care! Neil
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
New Reply
+0
9/19/2006 5:57:24 PM
Thank You for sharing all this good quotes witg us my friend.

Keep on with You motivated quotes

Best regards
Arild
New Reply
+0
9/19/2006 7:52:55 PM

Bogdan.

I love Kayhleen's responce!

My favorite quote is:

Here I am, and what you see is what you get.

James Kinney The Cardioman Cardio Cocktail www.drinkcardiococktail.com/30724 Joint Cocktail:www.formor.com/30724 Check My Home Page http://www.viradyne.com/moneypartners
New Reply
+0
Dave Fergusson

60 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/19/2006 8:38:17 PM

Real heroes dont set out to be liked . it just happens naturally.  Today we said farewell to a person who was larger than life , loved animals & was fanatical about saving wildlife. All the millions he made went back into acquiring land for conservation.

Steve Irwin wasnt liked by everyone even Australians , but he touched the hearts of millions of people & his memorial service went out to 300 million. "Not bad for a zoo keeper" as Russell Crowe stated.

My quote of the day:-

People whose only aim in life is to be liked may be liked, but they certainly wont impress people or achieve anything worth while.

DownunderDave

HEALTH IS WEALTH! Our motto! Without true health, motivation & potential to gain wealth is hindered. In this disabled state we do not have the capacity & energy to reach our goals & realise our dreams. Drinking Mangosteen juice can open those doors!
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!