Menu

Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Nearly all men can stand adversity...
8/30/2006 6:32:08 PM
Great quote Bogden.

I have been on both sides of the fence. I have been extreemly poor
in money, and when I had a high level management position,
I had a lot of power. I never abused it.

If I had any regrets from either, it was not having control of
things that affected me negatively. I supported my subordinates
and went to bat for them when they were being questioned.
Most of the time, I won.

One of my fellow managers made the remark "I can't stand to have
Robert in the meetings. No one can argue with him"

They could not argue, because I supported my comments
with facts that were undeniable. One can not argue with
verifiable facts. Having the Chairman of the Board as a friend
did not hurt either.
Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17474/ShowForum.aspx
New Reply
+0
Marion Kelly

268 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/30/2006 6:46:19 PM

Hello Bogdan

Thanks so much for the opportunity to post.

That quote by Abraham Lincoln is so is correct. Give him power (MONEY) and observe his character.

Marion

http://mkshoppingmall.tripod.com/backtoschoolapparel

Help Feed America's Hungriest Children

Across the US, America's most vulnerable children are desperately in need of food. But you can help save and change their lives. Just $5 today will help Feed The Children deliver 35 lbs. of food – free of charge. That's enough good food to help feed a desperately hungry American family for an entire week!

No child should go hungry here in the land of plenty. Help us turn the tide for hungry children!

Every $5 you give will help rush desperately needed food to a hungry child:

• $15 provides 105 lbs. of food to hungry children.
  • $25 rushes 175 lbs. of food to boys and girls.
  • $50 delivers 350 lbs. of food to hungry children!
Help Now: Please select (click on) how many pounds of food you want to help deliver:
105 lbs. for a gift of $15 » 350 lbs. for a gift of $50 » 525 lbs. for a gift of $75 »
Or choose another gift amount »

United Spinal Association

Expanding Opportunities for People with Spinal Cord Disabilities for Over 60 Years

United Spinal Association was founded in 1946 by veterans with spinal cord injuries to help enable members, as well as others with disabilities, to lead full and productive lives.Tennis Player

Approximately 700,000 Americans have disabilities related to the spinal cord including spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, polio, spina bifida, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease).

The road back to a full and productive life has been charted and paved by United Spinal Association. We have been committed to enhancing the lives of individuals with spinal cord disabilities through our various outreach activities, services and programs. United Spinal Association’s membership is free and open to all these individuals, regardless of their ages.

Donate

Donate image of a boy in a wheelchair giving a man in a wheelchair "high five" Ways To Donate
Give A Gift Online
Regular Recurring Online
Memorial & Tribute Online
By Mail or Telephone
Gifts of Securities
Electronic Transfer of Funds
Planned Giving
Donate Your Unwanted Vehicle
Get A United Spinal Credit Card

SCROLL TO THE LEFT TO SEE ALL
Internet marketing Helping people make money Online shopping mall At-home-businesses Making God the head of my life
New Reply
+0
8/30/2006 8:02:11 PM

Bogdan,

How true!

Many times in the 70 years I have been here I have watched peoples character change when they are placed in a position of authority!

James Kinney The Cardioman Cardio Cocktail www.drinkcardiococktail.com/30724 Joint Cocktail:www.formor.com/30724 Check My Home Page http://www.viradyne.com/moneypartners
New Reply
+0
Barb Doyle

1469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/30/2006 10:28:01 PM

Hi Bogdan,

Thankyou for sharing this quote. Power unfortunately has corrupted many people.

Peace, Health and Prosperity,
Barb Doyle, Sc

This is better than winning the lottery!
http://empower.thisworks.biz

New Reply
+0
Beth Schmillen

134 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/5/2006 4:35:50 PM
Hi Bogdan, I was surprised that quote is one of Abe Lincon's - It reads as contemporary as any public talker who gets 5 figures for his gift of gab. But when I saw it was ole Abe and felt the historical context of his words I paused and realized that all of us were recepients of power and responsibility when we came of age - power of free will and decisions that affect the lives of ourselves and loved ones. I have an utter abhorence of 'power' as an attribute one would want to attain or cultivate. I have no idea where that comes from. Maybe from a former lifetime? I may have grossly misused the powers given to me !! LOL ; ^ ) Have a wonderful week, Beth
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!