Menu

Re: Who so neglects learning in his youth....
8/28/2006 10:00:42 PM

Never dead for future.  We learn lots in our youth and some take more advantage than others but everyday is a learning experience.  As we grow older we learn to appreciate our time here on Earth and put into practice what we learned in our youth.  It is worthy of evaluation and believe me after you pass 60, you begin to appreciate each moment, if you will just stay attune to those moments. 

Thanks for the comments and Keep Learning!

Sara

New Reply
+0
8/30/2006 12:47:57 AM
Learning as a child came easily. Learning as an adult came almost to a stand still because of life circumstances. Learning has once again began and this community is helping greatly in that arena.  Those who think they know it all are usually the ones who know the least. I definitely don't know it all but at 59 I would be willing to bet that I have forgotten more than some people have ever learned.  Keeping and open mind lets new learning seep in. A closed mind is a wasted mind.  A closed mind thinks it has nothing to learn.  When someone closes their mind the learning stops. That is sad isn't it?  We should all be learning every day of our lives.  This is an amazing world we live in. 

Elizabeth Otto
"There is a law in psychology that if you form a picture in your mind of what you would like to be, and you keep and hold that picture there long enough, you will soon become exactly as you have been thinking." William James 1842-1910, Psycho
New Reply
+0
Jeffrey Obrien

543 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/31/2006 12:22:34 AM

Bogdan,

thankyou for your daily inspirational Quotes they do get me thinking everyday.Thanks for this I owe you bigtime.In a contest between reality and illusion, there is a middle ground, especially when it comes to love or a creative passion including Learning from start to finish.

Too much realism is just as dangerous as having your head in the clouds. Keep your feet on the ground, but reach for the stars, knowing that the two not only do co exist, but it’s by finding the right balance that you open yourself up to the impossible. If you believe you can do it, find a way to make it work.

regards alway's

jeffrey OBrien

New Reply
+0
Jeffrey Obrien

543 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/31/2006 12:27:47 AM
Learning can come from all walks of life yes folks even from your best friends all of it has a real full circle planning future

To the world, you are just one person.
To one person, you just might be the world.

Thank you for your Special
Community Friendship!
Bless you,  Jill

To stop future messages sent by Jill Bachman use this link.
If you wish to stop all Direct Messages in the future click
here.
Note: Your e-mail address was not shared with anyone.

ur Community Spirit!

New Reply
+0
Paula Gaon

72 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/31/2006 1:25:02 PM
Great post, Elizabeth! And you are so right. One of the great and sad ironies of life is the fact that we don't really appreciate learning, and make the necessary connections when we're young and learning comes easily. When we're old enough to really appreciate learning, the pressures of life often interfere with learning. What a life, hey? Thanks for you info and help! The tips you've given me have snowballed and kept me quite busy. All the best, Health and Success to all, ~Paula The OptIn List:http://www.theoptinlist.com/sites/paulag5777/ GotSafeList-Convert Credits to Cash: http://www.gotsafelist.com/index.php?id=11406
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"~Albert Einstein -- Paula Gaon:BoomSpress Marketing&Design: http://www.boomspress.com BoomSpress Catalog Unique Apparel & Gifts http://www.boomspress.com/catalog/holidays.html
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!