Menu

Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The marvelous thing about human beings is that ...
8/6/2006 1:46:02 PM
If I walked with Angels and was the richest man on earth,
and had not love, I would be as a clanging bell. I would
posses nothing of value and my life would be pointless.
My words would quickly die out and not be remembered.

If I had nothing and stood naked without food or shelter
with no friends to help me and I had love, I would
be the most powerful man on the planet.

Love bears all things
Hopes all things
Believes all things.
Love will never fails.

From the most powerful man on the planet.

Always your friend,

Robert
Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17474/ShowForum.aspx
New Reply
+0
8/6/2006 1:50:36 PM

Hello Bogdan!  :-)

Great quote! I wanted to add that it's never to late to reach for the Stars. Here are some late achievers:

A list of late starters and late achievers:

·         Donald Horne: the popular Australian author first had a book published at 42;

·         F Murray Abraham: got his first decent role (Amadeus, for which he won an Oscar) at 45;

·         Frank Lloyd Wright: created New York's amazing Guggenheim Museum when he was 80;

·         Grandma Moses was 78 when she began painting, almost 100 when she found fame and fortune;

·         Jiddu Krishnamurti: no late starter, but his career as a teacher of philosophy continued well into his eighties;

·         Queen Victoria: she ruled the British Empire through 63 years of its most dramatic expansion;

·         Mother Jones (‘the Miners’ Angel’: ‘the greatest woman agitator of our times’), Irish-American anti-war activist and labor radical; at 37 years of age she became active in the union movement following the death of her husband and was active for many of the next 63 years; (more);

·         Winston Churchill: this British bulldog made his biggest contributions to history beginning at the age of 66. In old age he was a prolific writer, (he was in his late-70s when he wrote the great A History of the English Speaking Peoples), painter and bricklayer, building walls on his estate;

·         Dr Benjamin Spock was 83 when he was arrested for demonstrating for peace;

·         Ronald Reagan: at 77 he held his fourth and final summit meeting with Mikhail Gorbachev, leading to the scrapping of US/USSR intermediate nuclear forces;

·         Coco Chanel was well into her 80s and still designing fashions;

·         Charles Perrault (1628 - 1703), the French writer who gave us such classic fairy tales as Cinderella and Tom Thumb, published them in 1697 at the age of 69, not under his own name but that of his infant son, Perrault d’Armancourt;

·         English writer and lexicographer Dr Samuel Johnson was 69 began his last major work, The Lives of the English Poets;

·         George Bernard Shaw was a famed wit and writer when he was in his 80s and 90s;

·         Phyllis Diller, American comedienne, was 37 when she started her career;

·         Falstaff, by Giuseppe Verdi (1813 - 1901), premiered in 1893 when the composer was 80. It was Verdi's last opera and is considered one of the greatest comic operas;

·         In 1965, 70-year-old R Buckminster Fuller inaugurated the World Design Science Decade (1965 to 1975) at the meeting of the International Union of Architects in Paris; he worked long after this;

·         Benjamin Franklin helped draft the Declaration of Independence at the age of 70;

·         Joseph Farwell Glidden (1813 - 1906), American farmer (Illinois), received a patent for the first commercial barbed wire on November 24, 1874 when he was 61. Glidden became one of America’s wealthiest men;

·         Sir Henry Parkes: In his 70s he married his mistress, became a father (at 74) and set out to bring all the Australian colonies into one federation; the nation of Australia is largely a result of his strenuous campaigning;

·         American comedian Lewis Black; almost no one had heard of him till he was 55, although he'd been working hard at it for years. His practice paid off in the end;

·         Mary Baker Eddy was only 87 when she founded the Christian Science Monitor.

·         Hungarian actress and singer Mártha Eggerth performed professionally into her 90s;

·         Jessica Mitford, the British aristocrat author of the international best-seller, The American Way of Death, in her 70s had a cabaret singing act in San Francisco. The show really stank (listen, mp3, 5.13MB), but that's not my point!

·         In 1955, Lord Bertrand Russell and eight others called for the abolition of war, and he remained a prominent peace activist for many years. He was born in 1872 and published his three-volume autobiography in the late 1960s. While he grew frail, he remained lucid until the end;

·         Jessica Tandy won an Oscar recipient for her role in Driving Miss Daisy, aged a mere 80;

·         American progressive political activist Granny Haddock (Granny D) didn't know that in her nineties she was supposed to stop helping to change the world. At age 89 (1999) she famously walked across the continental United States to advocate campaign finance reform, and five years later began a campaign to become a Democratic candidate for the USA Senate;

·         Hollywood actress Mae West, at the age of 85, played in the movie Sextette (1978) with youngsters like Timothy Dalton, Dom DeLuise, Tony Curtis, Ringo Starr and Alice Cooper;

·         Aged 82, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe finished writing Faust;

·         George Burns worked almost right to his death at 100 years of age, and won an Oscar at 80 for his role in The Sunshine Boys;

·         Daisy Bates began her life's work at about 36 when she went into the Australian desert to work among tribal Aborigines, and worked into old age;

·         In 1967 the 65-year-old solo yachtsman Francis Chichester arrived back in Britain after 119 days of sailing around the world, the first person ever to do it solo;

·         When she was 39 and poor as a church mouse, 'Mother of Women's Suffrage' Louisa Lawson left her farm and husband, and moved hundreds of miles away with four children into a little house in Sydney, Australia; a few years later she began Dawn, the suffragette magazine which she published for 17 years;

·         By the time Canadian-born American economist John Kenneth Galbraith was in his mid-90s, he had sold 8 million books and been awarded 52 honorary doctorates, and was still writing.

This list is courtesy of:

Wilson's Almanac on late bloomers

http://www.wilsonsalmanac.com/latestart.html

So Folks, it's never to late to reach for the Stars!

John Sanchez

My Blogs

Goodwill Ambassador

WOSAT-Looking for a few committed individuals.

If I’m not on your friends list please invite me!

New Reply
+0
Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/6/2006 2:21:24 PM
Great John, It is a good point to make.
I forgot to thank you Bogden for the nice quote.

The spark of life that is in us does not fade with
age, it intensifies as we grow in wisdom.

Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17474/ShowForum.aspx
New Reply
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/6/2006 5:53:26 PM

Hi Bogdan!

Joyce Brothers, PhD (maiden name Joyce Diane Bauer, born October 20, 1928) is one of the leading family psychologists and advice columnists, publishing a daily syndicated newspaper column since 1960. She gained fame in 1955 by winning The $64,000 Question game show, on which she appeared as an expert in the subject area of boxing.

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
New Reply
+0
Donggeun Yoo

2970 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/7/2006 1:30:46 AM

You are right Bogdan,

Perfect empty can be Perfect  Abundant

------------------------------------------------------------------

http://yoodoo.com.ne.kr/M2CGLOBAL.htm

http://www.ohmmani.myffi.biz

Click Here for Free Traffic!
Click Here for your Free Traffic!

WARNING: A new immensely powerful viral marketing system has been released, which allows marketers to broadcast messages directly to people's desktops. Learn more about it here: http://www.DesktopLightning.com/ohmmani
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!