Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Bogdan Fiedur

4625 Posts
Chat
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
If there are things you don’t like ...
4/8/2005 12:36:00 PM
"If there are things you don’t like in the world you grew up in, make your own life different. " – Dave Thomas, Wendy’s Founder
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Steve Chichester

52 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: If there are things you don’t like ...
4/8/2005 1:00:50 PM
Great quote. I think this correlates:

You can't expect to move effectively into the future while you're hanging around with the people of the past who want you to be what you've always been." Stephen James

Steve Chichester Empowering Pro*Active People
+0
Amalia Sotiriadou

69 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/8/2005 1:23:43 PM
Excellent advice, but not as easy as it sounds. We are shaped and programmed by the world we grew up in and the circumstances surrounding our lives. Whether we like it or not, most of our belief system has been put in place by the time we are 3 years old. It takes a great deal of effort, commitment and personal pain (I would dare say) to de-program ourselves so that we can make significnt changes. There is a lot of literature on the subject, but I would recommend the book "What to Say When you Talk to yourself" by Dr. Shad Helmstetter. It's available on Amazon or maybe your local bookstore. Amalia
Respect is not given - it is EARNED All the FREE stuff you need for your computer and a lot more! http://www.computerbom.net
+0
Thomas West

8 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/8/2005 1:45:03 PM
It is possible to "de-program" yourself and be free of the negative thoughts that our society places on us. There are many books out there to help you do just that. It is also very effective to do a 30-day "mental cleanse." Contact me and I will share some book titles you can try and the procedure for the 30-day mental cleanse. Make it a great day (literally),
+0
Karen Yeomans

22 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/8/2005 3:58:07 PM
Hi Bogdan, Thank you for the invite-a positive attitude adjustment is needed to change us. Karen
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty! Try Something Different Today
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!