Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Vladimir Kush's Metaphorical Art
3/16/2013 2:04:39 AM

Another jewel of a painting, very similar to 'Surreal Shell' posted in the previous pages

Vladimir Kush - Born from the Sea
(No other details available)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/16/2013 3:08:32 AM
Quote:

Another jewel of a painting, very similar to 'Surreal Shell' posted in the previous pages

Vladimir Kush - Born from the Sea
(No other details available)

OMG Miguel, I thought I was losing it, I had to check the other one out, because I didn't remember a baby before. So glad to see I was right, and I am ok. lol
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/16/2013 3:37:00 AM

Matrix of Love

For a long time, the artist turned to the theme of Love in his paintings and sculptures and finally reached the point where certain classification or "sorting out" became necessary. Alike human relationships, the "things" needed to be put on their own shelf. Similarly, Carl Linnaeus wrote his famous, "Systems of the World," which classified the natural world species, still in use today. Before 1705, the natural World dwelled in the chaos of multiplicity of discovered species.

Matrix is a set of distinctive features and attributes that defines the object itself. Matrix of Love is multiple manifestations of love, scrutinized by the artist (through the Eye), creating a story of love. It is a story of happy "moments" of love, its passion and stability, its mutual enrichment, the long duration of love letters exchanged and shortness of the most precious moments we wish would last forever.

It is the "morning" of love and the "evening." It is the "spring" and "fall"....

1) Love is born in the dark isolation of the Earth in the Amaryllis bulb, only to show the colors of Passion to the world in the magnificent flowers.
2) The fruit of love is an enclosed space of a nutshell as a metaphor of Paradise. Eden means Garden, the protected space where Adam and Eve lived.
3) Being enlightened and inspired by love is symbolized by the "Morning Blossom."
4) Unity of two in one: the outline of the scissors resembles the one of the "androgen," the ancient Greek symbol of the unification of man and woman. According to myth, Zeus had split the androgen in two halves. Ever since, men and women have been looking for "the other half."
5) Women and men both have to find their own "key to the heart." There are many, many things that could be said about "matching the key with the lock"...
6) Reflection of the two figures in the golden pendulum is the symbol of the "stopped moment." "Freeze, the moment" said W. Goethe in one of his poems. The Golden age in the Roman Empire meant the time of Love, extracted from the regular calendar.
7) The double spiral conch shell is a passionate love as a sexual attraction imprinted into the "double spiral" of men and women's chromosomes.
8) Love is a celebration and romance through the two glasses filled with "heart inspiration." Toasting is customary when wishing each other moral and physical health.
9) The intertwining of golden rings is a tradition and a ceremony of engagement. Love is a dance …
10) The Purse is a symbol of unification and accumulation of Fortune: both material and spiritual.
11) The new flower sprout appearing in the Garden of Eden is a symbol of genetic pattern and a new generation growing out of the "unity of hearts."
12) Nostalgic golden leaves confessing to each other is a metaphor of never dying love.

+1
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/16/2013 4:10:01 AM
Vladimir Kush was born in Russia, in a one-story wooden house near the Moscow forest-park Sokolniki.

At the age of seven Vladimir began to attend art school until late evening where he became acquainted with the works of great artists of the Renaissance, famous Impressionists, and Modern Artists.

Vladimir entered the Moscow Higher Art and Craft School at age 17, but a year later he was conscripted. After six months of military training the unit commander thought it more appropriate to employ him exclusively for peaceful purposes, namely, painting propagandistic posters.

After military service and graduating the Institute of Fine Arts, Vladimir painted portraits on Arbat Street to support his family during the hard times in Russia.

In the year 1987, Vladimir began to take part in exhibitions organized by the Union of Artists. At a show in Coburg, Germany in 1990, nearly all his displayed paintings sold and after closing the exhibition, he flew to Los Angeles where 20 of his works were exhibited and began his “American Odyssey.”

In Los Angeles, Kush worked in a small, rented home garage, but was unable to find a place to display his paintings. He earned money by drawing portraits on the Santa Monica pier and eventually was able to purchase a ticket to his “Promised Land,” Hawaii.

In 1993, a dealer from France noticed the originality of Kush’s work and organized an exhibition in Hong Kong. Success surpassed all expectations. In 1995, a new exhibition in Hong Kong at the Mandarin Fine Art Gallery brought more success. In 1997 he had a new start in the USA exhibiting in the galleries in Lahaina, Hawaii and in Seattle. In 2001 Kush opened his first gallery, Kush Fine Art in Lahaina, Hawaii. He now has 4 gallery locations in the USA with future plans to open more galleries around the world.
+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/16/2013 9:59:23 AM

Such inspiring work and information.

Quite superb.

+1

facebook