Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Vladimir Kush's Metaphorical Art
3/17/2013 11:12:52 AM

And here we may be stepping on more familiar terrain again, but this black horse is nonetheless all the more unique, is it not.

Vladimir Kush - Black Horse

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/17/2013 12:44:54 PM

Reading Lamp

BOOK is a metaphor for the history of human life. We use the analogy of the book when talking about a significant event in our lives, "one more page is written." For instance, when we mention man’s first flight into the cosmos or to the moon, we say, "one more page is written into the Exploration of the Cosmos."

Reading a book is often breathtaking and evokes imagination, and the butterfly bookmark in the painting is a symbol of the flight of imagination.

Reading requires attention, solitude and silence, relayed by the light contrast, "light of the mind amidst the darkness."

Writings on the background:
• Vita brevis, ars vero longa, occasio autem praeceps, experientia fallax, judicium difficile
Literal translation:
Life is short, science is vast, chance is shaky, experience is deceiving, judgement is difficult.

Source: Hippocrates
• Voluntas est superior intellectu
Literal translation:
Will is superior to intellect
• Vox audita perit littera scripta manet
Literal translation:
Spoken word dissapears, written letter remains.

+1
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/17/2013 12:51:02 PM

Black Horse is an illusion. As in Forgotten Sunglasses, we imagine that the material being has left, but continues to exist "somewhere round the corner," while his spirit has remained. In the contemporary world, virtual reality created by electronic media frequently seems more real than everyday life, and it long hovers in the air, influencing what is real.

Quote:

And here we may be stepping on more familiar terrain again, but this black horse is nonetheless all the more unique, is it not.

Vladimir Kush - Black Horse
+1
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/17/2013 12:54:19 PM

The painting is a hymn to the family remaining the principal element of human society. It represents the family tree as a mighty tower trunk surrounded by tiers of towersbranches. Its appearance reminds us the saying "My home is my fortress." The trunk of the tree symbolizes the unity of the family, while its branches represent the diversity of life. The Family tree is a grownup sprout of the Tree of Life – a mythological image known in many cultures. It originates in the idea of the great tree as the central axis of a divine energy stream. Here, the spirals of reinforcement represent this spiral movement from the bottom to the top. The family tree tower continues to grow, conveying the idea of the continuity of life. Above the door of the tree home hangs a mandala – a holy geometric composition symbolizing spiritual and cosmic order opposing confusion and disorder of the material world.

Quote:

Roger, things are only getting better. Vladimir Kush's works may be unique, but these three below really caught me unawares.

Vladimir Kush - Family Tree

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/17/2013 4:07:30 PM

Just wonderful.

I am running out of superlatives.

+1