Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
David Rowland

194 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: SOUND OFF ON ANY TOPIC YOU WANT TO.
11/11/2013 3:18:56 PM
Mary,

That's not quite how things happened. Mark was targeting some folks with some pretty antagonistic comments, and people called him on it. He got upset and made himself a member of the "shunned club" by his own actions.
Yes, he has been very helpful in a lot of ways, but that doesn't excuse bad behaviour. He was acting poorly, he got called on it, and HE chose to stop interacting here. No one forced him to delete his posts, tell people not to use his images, make his profile private, and stop interacting with anyone at all here. HE chose to take those actions, not us. We told him we didn't want him to leave, HE chose to do so.

Quote:
Helen, it is my opinion that Mark is now officially a member of the "Shunned Club". The main qualification to be a member of this prestigious club is to have dissenting opinions in relation to happenings or actions here at ALP. If you disagree and raise the issue in public some might consider you to be a pariah and retaliate against you. I believe that's what happened to Mark and regardless of his many contributions and assistance to many here in Adland he was made to be a persona non grata and consequently he deleted his "help" forums and more due to things said and possibly actions taken against him. He is one of the nicest and most helpful people in ALP and I personally am sorry to see him leave.

Quote:

Hello Mark

What is all this about? You sound upset ...or do I misjudge.

Helen

Quote:

To all forum owners, please remove all images and any pages I have done of this site and for you. All my files and forums (ALP Help Center) have been deleted. The files I can't delete are still in ALP's affiliate pages and some forums that you have saved. You have two choices: One, pay for the ones you have live or delete all pages on any forum or affiliate linking you are using. I also ordered using my credits on one of the items. I will need confirmation that this was received and will be delivered.

Its time to do some cleaning up around here and I am pulling all files, linking, and pages in around here. I will need to see all images paid for or remover before I go into the next step.

Daves Wire Creations --- Handcrafted wire wrap jewelry http://www.DavesWireCreations.artfire.com
+1
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/11/2013 8:34:36 PM

Hello Dave,

I just read Evelyn's reply to Helen and yours to
Evelyn and I find it all a bit confusing.

I've known Mark ever since he joined ALP and found him to be a very nice and helpful person. I never saw him as an antagonistic person and from all his posts I've read over the years I never once saw him target or attack anyone. I did see him recommend changes or actions within the community but always in a decent and polite manner.

I do not participate in posting on the “wall” but I do read the posts there a few times a week. I read a few of his posts about certain blogs not working within the rules and regulations (don't know what this is all about) and that no names were mentioned. I'm assuming that this is what caused the problem and it coincides with what Evelyn said that if you disagree or have a dissenting opinion you are “called on it” rather then have a discussion about it.

This has happened in the past when people can't differentiate between disagreeing and discussing an issue and “antagonistic comments” or attacks. So I have a feeling of deja vu with what happened to Mark.

I'll repeat that Mark is one of the nicest and most helpful guys in ALP and it's a shame that he found it necessary to leave. You haven't been here long enough to see all he's done over the years he's been a member and I'm really sorry to see him go.

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:
Mary,

That's not quite how things happened. Mark was targeting some folks with some pretty antagonistic comments, and people called him on it. He got upset and made himself a member of the "shunned club" by his own actions.
Yes, he has been very helpful in a lot of ways, but that doesn't excuse bad behaviour. He was acting poorly, he got called on it, and HE chose to stop interacting here. No one forced him to delete his posts, tell people not to use his images, make his profile private, and stop interacting with anyone at all here. HE chose to take those actions, not us. We told him we didn't want him to leave, HE chose to do so.

Quote:
Helen, it is my opinion that Mark is now officially a member of the "Shunned Club". The main qualification to be a member of this prestigious club is to have dissenting opinions in relation to happenings or actions here at ALP. If you disagree and raise the issue in public some might consider you to be a pariah and retaliate against you. I believe that's what happened to Mark and regardless of his many contributions and assistance to many here in Adland he was made to be a persona non grata and consequently he deleted his "help" forums and more due to things said and possibly actions taken against him. He is one of the nicest and most helpful people in ALP and I personally am sorry to see him leave.

Quote:

Hello Mark

Helen

Quote:

To all forum owners, please remove all images and any pages I have done of this site and for you. All my files and forums (ALP Help Center) have been deleted. The files I can't delete are still in ALP's affiliate pages and some forums that you have saved. You have two choices: One, pay for the ones you have live or delete all pages on any forum or affiliate linking you are using. I also ordered using my credits on one of the items. I will need confirmation that this was received and will be delivered.

Its time to do some cleaning up around here and I am pulling all files, linking, and pages in around here. I will need to see all images paid for or remover before I go into the next step.

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
David Rowland

194 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/11/2013 8:45:48 PM
Peter,

I agree that Mark has been very helpful. And yes, I know about Mark from years ago. I was a member before, left, and came back.

This situation has nothing to do with him making points about things on the site not working, or questioning why something was done a certain way. It has everything to do with his behaviour towards members of this community. That is what started this whole mess, his antagonistic behaviour towards some members.

And yes, he was being antagonistic towards a couple of people. Why, none of us know for sure. I saw the posts, and quite a few other people saw the posts where he was doing so. Several people saw what he was doing, and commented on it, not just me.

This situation could have been resolved very easily, but Mark has CHOSEN to blow it all out of proportion, for what reason, no one knows except for him, since he is refusing to talk to anyone about it.

No one wants Mark to leave. But no one wants to see antagonistic behaviour towards other members here either. I would hope that everyone here could work out their differences, but that cannot be done if someone in the situation refuses to work it out.

This is all I'm going to say on the matter from this point on. I do hope that Mark decides to stay, and get this worked out with everyone, but at this point I don't think that he will.
Daves Wire Creations --- Handcrafted wire wrap jewelry http://www.DavesWireCreations.artfire.com
+1
11/12/2013 12:06:46 AM
David can you please tell who Mark was targeting? If you don't want to name names would you please tell me where I can read about this, for instance give me the dates, forums or where ever it happened?? You're portraying a whole different side of Mark from what I've witnessed. Seeing is believing and to be honest I would have to see it for myself so please point me in the direction where this was supposed to have happened. Thank you.

Quote:
Mary,

Quote:

Quote:

Hello Mark

Helen

Quote:

+0
David Rowland

194 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/12/2013 1:55:30 AM
Mary,

This happened on the chat wall, over several days. I am not going to spend my time trying to find the posts. If you really want to search the wall for posts about it, that is up to you, but frankly, and please don't take this the wrong way, I have better things to do with my time than to search back thru several weeks of postings on the wall to show you where he was being antagonistic.
Bogdan knows about the situation, as do many other people who post on the wall every day, and read the wall every day. Instead of beating a dead horse to death, let's just move on. Mark will either come back, or he won't. I don't hold a grudge against him, and neither does anyone else.
We all need to move on, and let by gones be by gones.

[quote]
David can you please tell who Mark was targeting? If you don't want to name names would you please tell me where I can read about this, for instance give me the dates, forums or where ever it happened?? You're portraying a whole different side of Mark from what I've witnessed. Seeing is believing and to be honest I would have to see it for myself so please point me in the direction where this was supposed to have happened. Thank you.

Quote:
Mary,

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!