Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Truth tellers
12/14/2011 9:43:07 PM
Hi Kathleen,
When I lived in New Zealand hardly any women over the age of say 20 wore their hair long. I always wanted to grow my hair and for some reason my late mother hated long hair and would nag me when I tried to grow it to the point I would just give in and have it cut short.

Since living in the States I see more woman with long hair than short and all ages, as well as different stages of grey too, and hardly anyone with a bun.

I let my hair grow and when I get hot and bothered and annoyed with it I have it cut to my shoulders again (which is still long from when I lived in NZ) and let it grow again. I am presently sporting long hair past my shoulders and it is not annoying me at present so I will keep it and I have some grey around the temples and sides, I am happy.

Men and especially women throughout history wore their hair long and kept up with pins etc it was only in the 1920s that women shortened their dress lengths and cut their hair.

Amanda

Quote:

Hi Myrna,

Part of it may be that they "don't feel" the confidence of their hair anymore...it's a FEELING. Longhaired men who cut their hair suddenly may not get as much female attention and that can lead to a loss of confidence, a loss of swagger...ya know.

The same thing happens to women who cut their hair short, a sudden loss of male attention. Women who've always had short hair may have never felt constant male attention.

Hair itself is an attention-getter. Older longhaired women who get too much unwanted male attention may sometimes be annoyed by it. If a woman over 50 just likes her hair and wants to keep it long, but that brings on male annoyance...?! Put it up in a bun or something. Men AND women are attracted to long hair for some reason, it's very sexy.

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/14/2011 9:53:07 PM

Hi Amanda,

A few years ago, BUNS were in style with young women and teenage girls, and I thought it was horrible! Women my age would NEVER have put our hair up in a bun when we were in high school, ugh!

I remember my ex-husband was very annoyed when I cut my hair when I was 29, he started treating me differently, and then as he got older into his late 30's, his long hair started thinning on top so he cut it short, and then I found him less attractive, and after our divorce I started dating a longhaired man who also cut his hair and I lost interest. Hmmmm!!

Now occasionally I've walked past a neighbor man who was not interested in me a long time ago when I had short hair, and now that my hair is longer, he seems more interested (but he wasn't interested in me before as a person so he can kiss my tush, lol!) I still think he's interesting, even though he has has cut his previously long hair, but he lost his chance by marrying a longer-haired woman before I got divorced, tough poo! Hair grows, we feel great, and then it gets cut...we feel un-great. Weird but always seems to be true.

Are we shallow about hair? Yes! Women are the same as men...unfortunately shallow about long hair sometimes, yes. Oh well.

I've seen a longhaired older woman at the grocery store with a long braid of dark & gray, and I said to myself..."I need a braid like that!" But mine's not going gray, and when I find white hairs, I yank them out, in the backyard while drinking beer, and my dear old mom tells me the neighbors will think I'm loony...so what? Drink & pluck out white hairs in the sunlight, sounds like a harmless hobby.

When I was a kid, my parents also had an issue with long hair, from growing up back in the olden days, and they'd keep my & all my sisters' hair cut at chin-length when we were little:( and my mom had a friend who'd give home-made haircuts for $2. I really couldn't stand that! Looked like the Little Dutch Boy from the can of paint :( Then I found out my Dakota farm grandparents didn't cut the boys hair until they started school at age 6, way back when, that's not fair!

+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/14/2011 10:46:55 PM
Hi Kathleen,

hmm you speak of school which I forgot about.. The High school I attended we wore uniforms (which incidently I liked, especially the winter one as it was Scottish wool tartan - kilt material or fabric)
Girls had to tie up our hair if it reached down to our collars which was a little extreme because it was kind of silly for some of the students with little stick out pigtails until it grew long enough to have decent pigtails starting with hair covering your ears and band at the base of your ears or ponytail with your hair long enough to cover your ears before you placed the band to hold. - that was the fashion back in the early 70s.

After leaving high school I grew my hair past my shoulders and decided to try the 'shaggy dog' cut and wished immediately after that I hadn't because it did not suit me at all whereby it looked so nice other other women, so I had it cut it short..
I reckon the same goes for I got spirals on another time I grew my hair and they did not turn out the way other young women's hair looked with them. I reckon when you have straight hair which I did back then, you want curly and the curly haired women want theirs straight..

My ex husband said he had no preference to either long or short hair.
I went through the 20 years of various hair styles, lengths, colours, perms etc.

I did not know any men who wore long hair that I recall growing up. My ex started loosing his hair at about 20 so he always had a bald spot on the top of his head and around the late 80s early 90s men started to shave their heads bald.

James has had both long hair and shaved bald, he does not suit shaved head so mostly keeps a buzz cut. He can wear his hair however he wants and so can I but I know he prefers my hair long and so do I. Now I have a slight curl that my mother promised me that I would get if I kept it short and it never did...LOL and it spirals a little if I don't comb it out

Quote:

Hi Amanda,

A few years ago, BUNS were in style with young women and teenage girls, and I thought it was horrible! Women my age would NEVER have put our hair up in a bun when we were in high school, ugh!

I remember my ex-husband was very annoyed when I cut my hair when I was 29, he started treating me differently, and then as he got older into his late 30's, his long hair started thinning on top so he cut it short, and then I found him less attractive, and after our divorce I started dating a longhaired man who also cut his hair and I lost interest. Hmmmm!!

Now occasionally I've walked past a neighbor man who was not interested in me a long time ago when I had short hair, and now that my hair is longer, he seems more interested (but he wasn't interested in me before as a person so he can kiss my tush, lol!) I still think he's interesting, even though he has has cut his previously long hair, but he lost his chance by marrying a longer-haired woman before I got divorced, tough poo! Hair grows, we feel great, and then it gets cut...we feel un-great. Weird but always seems to be true.

Are we shallow about hair? Yes! Women are the same as men...unfortunately shallow about long hair sometimes, yes. Oh well.

I've seen a longhaired older woman at the grocery store with a long braid of dark & gray, and I said to myself..."I need a braid like that!" But mine's not going gray, and when I find white hairs, I yank them out, in the backyard while drinking beer, and my dear old mom tells me the neighbors will think I'm loony...so what? Drink & pluck out white hairs in the sunlight, sounds like a harmless hobby.

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/14/2011 11:42:25 PM
Hi Amanda and Kathleen,

I love your thoughts on hair. It just shows how important hair is to us all.

However, the article is about the hair. Does the hair carry hidden secrets for strength? I think it does, as they mentioned about Samson. How he was weakened when his hair was cut.. Seems to me this like a code. Something to think about.

Pat I am glad you like the article and Jim, you go man. Let that hair grow, darn it is your hair. Let me know if your strength gets stronger.

This information about hair has been hidden from the public since the Viet Nam War .

Our culture leads people to believe that hair style is a matter of personal preference, that hair style is a matter of fashion and/or convenience, and that how people wear their hair is simply a cosmetic issue. Back in the Viet Nam war however, an entirely different picture emerged, one that has been carefully covered up and hidden from public view.

In the early nineties, Sally [name changed to protect privacy] was married to a licensed psychologist who worked at a VA Medical hospital. He worked with combat veterans with PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. Most of them had served in Viet Nam.

Sally said, \” I remember clearly an evening when my husband came back to our apartment on Doctor\’s Circle carrying a thick official looking folder in his hands. Inside were hundreds of pages of certain studies commissioned by the government. He was in shock from the contents. What he read in those documents completely changed his life. From that moment on my conservative middle of the road husband grew his hair and beard and never cut them again. What is more, the VA Medical center let him do it, and other very conservative men in the staff followed his example. As I read the documents, I learned why. It seems that during the Viet Nam War special forces in the war department had sent undercover experts to comb American Indian Reservations looking for talented scouts, for tough young men trained to move stealthily through rough terrain. They were especially looking for men with outstanding, almost supernatural, tracking abilities. Before being approached, these carefully !

selected men were extensively documented as experts in tracking and survival.

With the usual enticements, the well proven smooth phrases used to enroll new recruits, some of these indian trackers were then enlisted. Once enlisted, an amazing thing happened. Whatever talents and skills they had possessed on the reservation seemed to mysteriously disappear, as recruit after recruit failed to perform as expected in the field.

Serious casualities and failures of performance led the government to contract expensive testing of these recruits, and this is what was found.

When questioned about their failure to perform as expected, the older recruits replied consistantly that when they received their required military haircuts, they could no longer \’sense\’ the enemy, they could no longer access a \’sixth sense\’ , their \’intuition\’ no longer was reliable, they couldn\’t \’read\’ subtle signs as well or access subtle extrasensory information.

So the testing institute recruited more indian trackers, let them keep their long hair, and tested them in multiple areas. Then they would pair two men together who had received the same scores on all the tests. They would let one man in the pair keep his hair long, and gave the other man a military haircut. Then the two men retook the tests.

Time after time the man with long hair kept making high scores. Time after time, the man with the short hair failed the tests in which he had previously scored high scores.

Here is a typical test:

The recruit is sleeping out in the woods. An armed \’enemy\’ approaches the sleeping man. The long haired man is awakened out of his sleep by a strong sense of danger and gets away long before the enemy is close, long before any sounds from the approaching enemy are audible.

In another version of this test the long haired man senses an approach and somehow intuits that the enemy will perform a physical attack. He follows his \’sixth sense\’ and stays still, pretending to be sleeping, but quickly grabs the attacker and \’kills\’ him as the attacker reaches down to strangle him.

This same man, after having passed these and other tests, then received a military haircut and consistantly failed these tests, and many other tests that he had previously passed.

So the document recommended that all Indian trackers be exempt from military haircuts. In fact, it required that trackers keep their hair long. \

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/15/2011 4:06:51 AM
Hello Myrna,

*slapping my hands* LOL... Yes Kathleen and I did kind of get a little off topic, so easy to chit chat on.

Yes, the bible story of Samson is the only man I know of whom was never to cut his hair.

The Plains Indians kept their hair long, so did many other dark skinned tribes around the world. e.g. The Maori and Pacific Island tribes, Chinese, Japanese, all had long hair in the good ole days.
Some Indians today still keep long under their turbans and the list goes on. Although I do not know if there is any strength beliefs to their customs.

Amanda

Quote:
Hi Amanda and Kathleen,

I love your thoughts on hair. It just shows how important hair is to us all.

However, the article is about the hair. Does the hair carry hidden secrets for strength? I think it does, as they mentioned about Samson. How he was weakened when his hair was cut.. Seems to me this like a code. Something to think about.

Pat I am glad you like the article and Jim, you go man. Let that hair grow, darn it is your hair. Let me know if your strength gets stronger.

This information about hair has been hidden from the public since the Viet Nam War .

Our culture leads people to believe that hair style is a matter of personal preference, that hair style is a matter of fashion and/or convenience, and that how people wear their hair is simply a cosmetic issue. Back in the Viet Nam war however, an entirely different picture emerged, one that has been carefully covered up and hidden from public view.

In the early nineties, Sally [name changed to protect privacy] was married to a licensed psychologist who worked at a VA Medical hospital. He worked with combat veterans with PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. Most of them had served in Viet Nam.

Sally said, \” I remember clearly an evening when my husband came back to our apartment on Doctor\’s Circle carrying a thick official looking folder in his hands. Inside were hundreds of pages of certain studies commissioned by the government. He was in shock from the contents. What he read in those documents completely changed his life. From that moment on my conservative middle of the road husband grew his hair and beard and never cut them again. What is more, the VA Medical center let him do it, and other very conservative men in the staff followed his example. As I read the documents, I learned why. It seems that during the Viet Nam War special forces in the war department had sent undercover experts to comb American Indian Reservations looking for talented scouts, for tough young men trained to move stealthily through rough terrain. They were especially looking for men with outstanding, almost supernatural, tracking abilities. Before being approached, these carefully !

selected men were extensively documented as experts in tracking and survival.

With the usual enticements, the well proven smooth phrases used to enroll new recruits, some of these indian trackers were then enlisted. Once enlisted, an amazing thing happened. Whatever talents and skills they had possessed on the reservation seemed to mysteriously disappear, as recruit after recruit failed to perform as expected in the field.

Serious casualities and failures of performance led the government to contract expensive testing of these recruits, and this is what was found.

When questioned about their failure to perform as expected, the older recruits replied consistantly that when they received their required military haircuts, they could no longer \’sense\’ the enemy, they could no longer access a \’sixth sense\’ , their \’intuition\’ no longer was reliable, they couldn\’t \’read\’ subtle signs as well or access subtle extrasensory information.

So the testing institute recruited more indian trackers, let them keep their long hair, and tested them in multiple areas. Then they would pair two men together who had received the same scores on all the tests. They would let one man in the pair keep his hair long, and gave the other man a military haircut. Then the two men retook the tests.

Time after time the man with long hair kept making high scores. Time after time, the man with the short hair failed the tests in which he had previously scored high scores.

Here is a typical test:

The recruit is sleeping out in the woods. An armed \’enemy\’ approaches the sleeping man. The long haired man is awakened out of his sleep by a strong sense of danger and gets away long before the enemy is close, long before any sounds from the approaching enemy are audible.

In another version of this test the long haired man senses an approach and somehow intuits that the enemy will perform a physical attack. He follows his \’sixth sense\’ and stays still, pretending to be sleeping, but quickly grabs the attacker and \’kills\’ him as the attacker reaches down to strangle him.

This same man, after having passed these and other tests, then received a military haircut and consistantly failed these tests, and many other tests that he had previously passed.

So the document recommended that all Indian trackers be exempt from military haircuts. In fact, it required that trackers keep their hair long. \

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!