Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Changes to Eligibility rules for POTW
5/13/2011 3:34:50 PM

I still think the forum owner should make posts in their own forums. Have you ever seen a non-owner-inhabited forum that gets filled with GOOD posts? Those usually get filled with spam, and those owners don't seem to even make replies to the visitors who create topics and posts. It's like leaving a door open on an uninhabited house...nothing good ever goes in. I consider non-owner-inhabited forums to be along the same line as crack houses. I'd consider any forum "owner" who just opens forums and leaves the doors open without ever going into their own place to check on things, as a "slumlord" who has better things to do than hang out in a place they opened...and is not serious. Not serious about their own forum equals not serious about being here in full capacity.

+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
5/13/2011 5:26:28 PM
Quote:

I still think the forum owner should make posts in their own forums. Have you ever seen a non-owner-inhabited forum that gets filled with GOOD posts? Those usually get filled with spam, and those owners don't seem to even make replies to the visitors who create topics and posts. It's like leaving a door open on an uninhabited house...nothing good ever goes in. I consider non-owner-inhabited forums to be along the same line as crack houses. I'd consider any forum "owner" who just opens forums and leaves the doors open without ever going into their own place to check on things, as a "slumlord" who has better things to do than hang out in a place they opened...and is not serious. Not serious about their own forum equals not serious about being here in full capacity.

Hi Kathleen,

I undserstand your thoughts on this but for a Person of the Week, the forums will no longer be a factor for the POTW eligibilty criteria and that kind of criteria that you mentioned could be better considered for a Best Forum Award.

There are far too many members who are active in the community that participate in other's forums and post in them but do not have their own. These members should also be taken into consideration for the POTW and this is the reason we have removed it as part of the eligibility.

Regards,

Barry

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/14/2011 4:49:37 AM

Right now the only criteria is having a photo, being here for awhile, and logging in.

If the one-post-per-month in their own forum rule was put into effect before this, and I've mentioned it before, then Roselyn's forum would not have gone inactive DURING the week of the election.

Everyone gets at least 1 free forum, having our own forum is a privelege and a responsibility, I think that's a major part of being Person Of The Week, above just being around for awhile and logging in within the past 30 days, it's not much to expect of people to at least make ONE post to their own forum while they logged in at least ONCE during the past month, that's not a great difficulty. It would contribute to the community, if people would actually LOOK AT the forums they've opened, and see if there are new posts, or spam to be cleaned up, it could alleviate spam and generate MORE GOOD forums for everyone to visit.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!