Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Changes to Eligibility rules for POTW
5/13/2011 1:50:12 AM

Here's the 259th from the last week of November, ending December 2nd, when Glen won (yay!) after being on the ballot TWICE with INACTIVE forums both times. Loretta had several forums that she never posted in herself, and Scott had only been a member for 19 days. The following few weeks, Gabrielle was kept OFF the ballot, week after week, for having inactive forums. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2430102/Voteforthe259thPOTW.aspx

+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
5/13/2011 2:48:58 PM
Quote:

Here's an example about active forums ...I'm sure everyone remembers when Gabrielle Brothers was kept off the ballots for several weeks at the end of last year because her forums were inactive, even though there were nominees before that with inactive forums, on repeat ballots just a few weeks before Gabrielle was repeatedly kept off the ballot.

Now the 280th that just closed today...look at Roselyn Biag's forums, both inactive, and she was ON the ballot, just a few months after Gabrielle was repeatedly kept off the ballot, that's why we brought in a record number of voters to make sure she won when she started a new forum and was finally allowed ON the ballot, that other non-active forum owners get on easily with no problems whatsoever.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/forum/540259/HowtogetMassiveEyeballsforyourBusiness.aspx?flag=115146

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/forum/540269/howtovirallymarketyourbusiness.aspx

Hello Kathleen,

Her forum was active when she was selected.

Regards,

Barry

+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
5/13/2011 2:52:18 PM
Quote:

I remember making a longer-membership suggestion last autumn when Scott Peterson was on the ballot after only being a member for less than 3 weeks. People told me to let newer people have a chance. Now someone who's been here for 2 months just resulted in a tie. Yay! Now there's a new rule? New person had too much of a chance? :(

Hello Kathleen,

I still think if a member is active in the community it should be considered, but in order for a member to have a chance they need to have a recognition factor and 90 days is probably emough time to have established relationships and a chance to garner votes.

Regards,

Barry

+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
5/13/2011 2:57:52 PM
Quote:

Here's the 259th from the last week of November, ending December 2nd, when Glen won (yay!) after being on the ballot TWICE with INACTIVE forums both times. Loretta had several forums that she never posted in herself, and Scott had only been a member for 19 days. The following few weeks, Gabrielle was kept OFF the ballot, week after week, for having inactive forums. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2430102/Voteforthe259thPOTW.aspx

Hello Kathleen,

Loretta had several forums that she never posted in herself to which there was never any stipulation in the rules. I think members can make a determination as to who they want to vote for and if they felt that was an issue then they could opt to not vote for that person for that reason and Scott had only been a member for 19 days to which he still fell into the category of being active in the last 30 days.

Regards,

Barry

+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
5/13/2011 3:04:08 PM
Quote:

Hi Kathleen,

I appreciate the feedback and respect your opinion. However, the eligibilty rule changes are designed to make more members eligible as the eligibility rules were restrictive. There are quite a few long time members in Adlandpro that are very active and are not recognized in the POTW because they do not have a forum. Most are participating in other forums and I do not see where the active forum should be mandatory for participation.

The reason for the changes in the eligilbility are:

Member must have been logged in for the last 30 days - obviously must be active to be recognized for the week.

Have a photo of themselves - recognition.

Been a member of Adlandpro for at least 90 days - I would like to see it shorter but I believe that in order to have some form of recognition a new member would need at least this time period to be active and communicating.

Member has not been a previous winner of the POTW within the calendar year - So any members who have won the POTW in 2011 are not eligible. 2010 and previous winners to that year are eligible.

This should make the Person of the Week exactly that. If a member is active and communicating with other members in a positive, helpful or productive way other members will recognize them for such activity.

The POTW should be a place where members can come in and vote for a favorite or have the chance to look over the profiles of these members whom they may not even know about and have the opportunity to meet and make new friends.

This is the reason for the change. The POTW should be a positive and enjoyable place to visit and if you chose to vote for a favorite member or a member you determine is deserving that is your option.

The POTW should be evolving with the times. The eligibility is set up to recognize all members who make a contribution to the community as it should be.

Regards,

Barry

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!