Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Vote for the 262nd POTW
12/18/2010 5:45:12 PM
Hello Barry,
I didn't vote yet this week cos I was curious to see how the voting would go. I couldn't see myself voting for a member who was absent from the community for ages and just a few short weeks ago returned to the community. When I saw his post asking to be removed from the contest and saw that people continued to vote for him it was the clincher for me and I decided not to participate in this contest. Now Robert's "left the building" and the contest seems to be in a ridiculous situation. The leader is no longer a member.
This should be a sign that the criteria needs to be changed but as the admin of this forum it's your choice. In my opinion if you don't want to cancel this contest you should divide his votes equally amongst the other candidates in order to decide who will eventually be the winner.
Personally I'm sorry to see this happen but the writing was on the wall that something of this sort might eventually occur. You can't take new members and/or absent members and turn them into active members in the community simply by entering them into the POTW contest. Their entry should be based on activity and not future activity. Sorta reminds me of B Hussein getting the Nobel Peace Prize for things he might do in the future. We've seen the absurdity of that and his failure in almost everything he's touched.
Shalom,
Peter
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/18/2010 6:02:12 PM

Hi Barry,

I was wondering why Gabrielle wasn't in the nominees list this week, the eligibility rules don't say "active" forum and lots of other people have been in the list and some have won this year without active forums.

I wasn't here for much of this year, but several of the recent elections had one obviously popular nominee and 3 nearly unknown or not-here-very-often nominees, what some might call a "setup" for an easy win. I like Robert Coaster, but like I said on page one, it was a done deal after 3 votes were in during the first hour. It may as well be a 2-person nominee list, one popular person against one unknown or not here, and just let people target the votes FOR or AGAINST, instead of a 3-person spread of a few votes each for unknown people, none of them having much chance to win against the 1 obviously set choice.

+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4629 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/20/2010 1:07:35 AM
Regarding Robert,

Normally I would be not posting this message but in light of recent events in this community, here is the message he has posted before deleting his account. This should serve possibly as a wake up call for some members before more members leave.

I am a former long time member of Adlandpro i believe since the year 2000 or longer.

I have left the community because of the hostility toward me since i
accepted to be a team member of the Goodwill Ambassador forum & the actions by a few of your members to use me and the POTW to try to bring the Goodwill Ambassador Lanelle down.

Too bad such slanderous character assassinations are allowed in the
community such as is constantly posted at this forum:
http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2430600/CriteriaofGoodwillTeamExplainedbyMembers.aspx

Sincerely,
Robert Coaster

Hello
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/20/2010 1:56:19 AM
Hi Bogdan. I'm sorry to hear that Robert terminated his Adland membership just when he was nominated POTW. Robert was a friend of mine.

I don't wonder that he did quit this because of the attacks against the Goodwill forum, the Goodwill team and also the Goodwill Ambassador. I was a member of the team and was attacked too and other people in the team were ridiculed.

Why was all the hostility and attacking allowed? This needs to stop now. I hope the POTW continues because have outstanding people who are members here. Barry does an outstanding job as POTW host.

I hope in the future, LaNell will continue as Goodwill Ambassador. She was just getting started and was doing a good job! I feel if the hostility towards members and personal attacks continues, the people who are doing it should suffer the consequences and leave Adland. We have lost MANY, MANY members because of these vicious personal attacks. Just remember what Robert said -- he is one of many who feel this way.

Robert, if you read this, I'm sorry you were hurt by the hostility. Please come back.

Pat, who voted this week for POTW

Quote:
Regarding Robert,

Normally I would be not posting this message but in light of recent events in this community, here is the message he has posted before deleting his account. This should serve possibly as a weak up call for some members before more members leave.

I am a former long time member of Adlandpro i believe since the year 2000 or longer.

accepted to be a team member of the Goodwill Ambassador forum & the actions by a few of your members to use me and the POTW to try to bring the Goodwill Ambassador Lanelle down.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2430600/CriteriaofGoodwillTeamExplainedbyMembers.aspx

Sincerely,
Robert Coaster

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
12/20/2010 3:57:33 PM
Quote:
Regarding Robert,

Normally I would be not posting this message but in light of recent events in this community, here is the message he has posted before deleting his account. This should serve possibly as a wake up call for some members before more members leave.

Sincerely,
Robert Coaster

Bogdan, I received a similar message from Robert in FB. He had recently had an accident and hurt his back, so I feel sure dealing with physical pain and many of life's other challenges, why stay and be beat up by those who only want to inflict more pain.

It is a shame and as Pat says, we receive many of the same messages that people stop by here and see what is continuing to be allowed to happen and they just don't care to get involved.

The forum thread you posted link to has no place in this community, everyone who tried to post there was attacked by the attackers.

Several years ago right about the time I joined, there were people being banned for reasons which did not come close to what is being allowed to happen now.

Recently on Skype, a person who is relatively new to Adland and an active member had no idea why they were being assaulted. Here you have a community of what? well over 100,000 people and 4 - 5 members are allowed to have an adverse effect on this community. This did not just start, it has been going on for years now.

There is much more could be said but just this being said will bring in another tirade of attacks. I should be allowed to give an opinion without being assaulted. I just want to say what I feel and not be stoned for it. As a former team member of POTW, actually just a Helper was all I was. I was trying to get more members back in to participate in this forum because it used to be a real reward to receive this recognition. It still could be except for certain people who object to everything.

Barry cannot be here all the time to search and find members to be nominated, he needs your help not criticism. I believe Bogdan asked for volunteers to help with this forum. I tried and did so in the background until I exposed myself by posting my name and guess what...

I never asked for it but I am always willing to help a friend and at the time I was told that Barry was sick and asked if I would help. I doubt that any of you knew that until recently. I used our Adlanders in FB to invite members to come vote each week, I also posted in my forums the link and sent out letters to encourage more votes. Was that wrong?? Yes, I objected to a certain person being nominated and winning the POTW because it was a dishonor to the forum. It is nothing against the person, it is against community rules and that being to respect forums and profiles.

Bogdan and Barry, I hope you can get this forum back on track. Because of my enemies I cannot help you. It is sad that I have to say I have enemies at this joyous time of year but the truth is the truth. Since they are so few, I will not let them bother me. Sometimes it gets to be too much and I have to speak out but you will notice there are two that I will not bother to have anything to do with.

Bogdan, I sincerely hope this does not cause you any further problems. I would like to see this forum back in good standing in the community. If I have made a mistake by posting this and stating my opinion, please feel free to delete it.

You cannot just 'sweep this under the rug' and expect it to go away, it will always return and continue to destroy this community further.

I have voted this week for my friend BJ who was so excited to be nominated the first time. BJ, I apologize to you. I had no idea it would come to this. All of the nominees are friends of mine. You all deserve your chance. If we work together for the good of the community, WE CAN bring this forum back to the standard it once was.

Barry, I wish I could help and once things are back where they should be, you can count on me but it will not be public here.

My best wishes to all of you,

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!