Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: ARE WE NOW IN THE END TIMES?
6/14/2016 5:33:38 PM

MIDDLE EAST

Palestinians move into new city, part of statehood dream

In this June 4, 2016 photo, a Palestinian family leaves their newly delivered apartment in the West Bank city of Rawabi, north of Ramallah. After years of setbacks, Palestinians are starting to move into their first planned city being built in the West Bank -- a move that isn’t just about real estate but also a symbol of their aspirations for statehood after nearly 50 years of Israeli military occupation. Though Rawabi is years from being finished, the city is a rare source of pride and excitement for the territory at a time of growing malaise over a standstill in Mideast peace efforts. (AP Photo/Nasser Nasser) (The Associated Press)

After years of setbacks, Palestinians are proudly starting to move into their first planned city being built in the West Bank — a move that isn't just about real estate but also a symbol of their quest for statehood after nearly 50 years of Israeli military occupation.

Though Rawabi is still unfinished, its glistening high-rises and shopping centers bring a rare sense of pride and excitement to the territory at a time of growing malaise over a standstill in Mideast peace efforts.

Palestinian-American developer Bashar Masri dreamed up Rawabi, which means "hills" in Arabic, back in 2007. But the construction of the city, located about 40 kilometers (25 miles) north of Jerusalem, has repeatedly stalled due to political obstacles. Work only began in 2012.

Perched on a once desolate hilltop, it's the first Palestinian city being built according to a modern urban design plan. The organized layout and modern facilities are in jarring contrast to chaotic Palestinian towns and villages in the area.

Since January, the first residents have been slowly moving in.

Mahmoud Khatib came here with his wife and three children from a nearby village because they wanted to live in a modern city. First, "it was an idea," the 41-year-old banker told The Associated Press. Then "it became a reality."

His wife Sanaa, 40, is thrilled about her new home.

"Here everything is organized. There is a safe playing area for the kids where you don't feel worried when they go out. The services are central and available around the clock," she said. "That's the place I dreamed to live in."

Palestinians see the West Bank, which Israel captured in the 1967 Mideast, as part of their independent state, along with east Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip. Under interim accords reached two decades ago, the Palestinian government now rules about a third of the territory. The rest remains under Israeli control, and home to some 370,000 Jewish settlers. The last round of peace talks broke down two years ago, and prospects for resuming negotiations — much less reaching an agreement — are dim.

Masri said one of the major hurdles in starting Rawabi was getting approval from Israel for an access road and water supply to the city, which took years.

"Dealing with occupation is not dealing with a proper nation," he said. "It's dealing with an ugly system."

Rawabi now has a yearly renewable permit to use a narrow road that passes through an adjacent 1-kilometer (0.6-mile) stretch under Israeli control. A pipeline, which passes through the same area, brings in 300 cubic meters of water a day — insufficient for the residents as well as the construction that's underway.

Additional water is currently being brought in on tankers, and some people supplement their supply from a nearby village. Masri said his next battle is to triple both the width of the seven-meter (yard) road and the water supply.

He said Israelis from a nearby settlement have gone to court to curb Rawabi's expansion.

"I'm a strong believer that a Palestinian state is in the making and part of the pillars of building a proper state is to have a strong economy and higher standard of living," Masri said.

Israel's defense body, COGAT, blamed the delays on the "unwillingness" by the Palestinian officials to convene a necessary Joint Water Committee but said that despite this, water connection to the city was approved and work is underway to increase supplies. In addition, COGAT said it's working with the Palestinian developer to find solutions to the access road.

Currently 250 families live in the city. That population is expected to swell to 60,000 when construction ends in about five years.

For Masri, Rawabi has become part of history — "the first Palestinian city to be established in thousands of years" — and he is sure more cities like this will follow. The Palestinian government has envisaged a new city near Jericho, though it's still in the planning stages.

Rawabi building costs have reached $1.2 billion so far. Funding has come from a Palestinian company run by Masri as well as the Qatari holding company Diar. A three-bedroom apartment averages about $100,000, about 25 percent less than in the main Palestinian West Bank city of Ramallah nearby.

Along with a large amphitheater that can hold 12,000 people, Rawabi now boasts also an industrial zone, schools, and the first big Western-style open-air shopping center in the West Bank. Such attractions lumped together in one city are unheard of in Palestinian areas.

There is a mosque under construction and also a church, which will serve the Palestinian Christian minority. About 10 percent of Rawabi residents are expected to be Christian.

Masri can see it all so vividly.

"I would love to sit at a café in Rawabi and watch the people going around, enjoying themselves, living in a nice clean environment and being happy," he muses.

"We deserve some relaxation and happiness ... we have been dealt a terrible deal, dozens and dozens of years. We deserve better."

(foxnews.com)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/15/2016 12:05:33 AM

Winning! Majority of adults now reject government's pro-vaccine narrative

(NaturalNews) Americans are growing increasingly wary of the health dangers associated with vaccines, and the numbers show that many adults are simply choosing not to take the risk and forgoing certain vaccinations altogether.

A CDC report entitled "Surveillance of Vaccination Coverage Among Adult Populations – United States, 2014" breaks down the percentages of people getting immunizations, and they note that the numbers have not been improving in recent years.

The report states: "Despite longstanding recommendations for use of many vaccines, vaccination coverage among U.S. adults is low."

While some people might be skipping vaccines because of a lack of insurance or medical care, the low rates of vaccination are being largely attributed to concerns about the efficacy and safety of the shots.

Here is a look at some of the vaccines people are refusing to get.

Flu vaccine

The report states that only 43 percent of adults opted to get the flu vaccine. This means the majority of people – 57 percent – did not get the controversial shot. Who can blame them when the vaccine inserts themselves actually state that there is no scientific evidence that they actually work? It's not surprising that so few people want to inject themselves with toxins like mercury when there are no guarantees they won't end up getting the flu anyway.

HPV vaccine

The human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine is getting a similarly chilly reception, and for good reason. It is recommended that girls get the vaccine starting at 11 years old to help prevent cervical cancer and other types of cancer. However, the shot has come under fire around the world for its questionable side effects.

The HPV vaccines Cervarix and Gardasil are the subjects of a class-action lawsuit in Japan, where the country's health ministry reversed its recommendation of the vaccine after recipients started noting side effects ranging from short-term memory loss to paralysis. It's been linked to the deaths of six young girls in India and it was the subject of a documentary profiling a number of girls in Denmark who experienced problems such as severe headaches, passing out, abdominal pain, nausea and dizziness after getting the vaccine.

Here in the U.S., it's been linked to more than 100 deaths and thousands of other bad reactions. Perhaps that explains why just 40 percent of women aged between 19 and 26 were willing to get the shot

Shingles vaccine

The shingles vaccine has a very low uptake, with just 28 percent of people aged 60 or older getting the shot. When you know what's in it, it's easy to see why 72 percent of people decided not to allow it into their bodies. It contains the neurotoxin monosodium glutamate, which can cause brain damage and nervous system disorders when injected. Another questionable ingredient is gelatin derived from the collagen found in pig bones and skin, which also poses a risk of infection when injected.

Hepatitis vaccines

The Hepatitis A vaccine is one of the least popular, with just 9 percent of adults getting it, while just 24 percent were willing to get the Hepatitis B vaccine. Could this be because researchers found a significant correlation between the Hepatitis B vaccine and multiple sclerosis (MS) after a spike in MS cases was noticed following a vaccination drive among adults in France?

Some of the adverse events that have been reported to the Federal Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System regarding the Hepatitis B jab include extreme fatigue, convulsions, brain inflammation, irritability, headache, lupus, multiple sclerosis, and arthritis.

The list goes on. For example, just 20 percent of adults elected to get the Tdap vaccine, while just 61 percent of those older than 65 got the pneumococcal vaccine.

It is clear that the government's pro-vaccine narrative is falling on deaf ears as more and more people are taking a stand and refusing to allow themselves to be injected with poisons that could have serious adverse effects on their health and, in some cases, have not even been proven to prevent the illnesses they are intended to protect against!

Sources include:

http://www.berkeleywellness.com

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/ss/ss6501a1.htm

http://www.naturalnews.com

http://science.naturalnews.com/monosodium_glutamate.html

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/054339_flu_shots_vaccine_health_risks_medical_choice.html#ixzz4BbC65i29

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/15/2016 12:53:07 AM

Media Refusing To Cover Numerous Witness Accounts Of Multiple Shooters In Orlando Massacre

JUNE 14, 2016

By Claire Bernish

As mainstream media headlines begin to solidify around the narrative a single shooter was responsible for the carnage at Pulse nightclub in Orlando on Sunday, details calling the now-official story into question must be addressed.

While no doubts can be raised Omar Mateen, indeed, played a role in the attack, eyewitness accounts — while varied and certainly subjective, considering the chaos unfolding at the time — don’t unanimously agree he acted alone.

“I mean, I’m pretty sure it was more than one person,” witness Janiel Gonzalez told a bevy of reporters. “Like I said, I heard two guns going off at the same time,” he continued, gesturing back and forth with his fingers indicating the gunfire emanated from separate directions.

Further, he explained, panicked clubgoers had difficulty locating exits during the shooting, which he estimated lasting eight minutes — plenty of time for the shooter(s) to reload multiple times. When Gonzalez and others finally found a door hidden behind a curtain,

There was probably like 50 people trying to jump over each other just trying to exit the place, and there was a guy holding the door. The guy was holding the door and not letting us exit.

When they asked why he was blocking their only way out — as the shooting seemed to be drawing near — Gonzalez said the man told them, “No, you guys have to stay inside. Stay inside.” Desperate, the group demanded he move to give them safe passage — but the man’s steadfast refusal to do so provoked a serious question.

As Gonzalez explained, the fact there was a semi-automatic rifle, and not a handgun, employed in the shooting, he realized this must be a hate crime — and then he “put two and two together, and I was like, this guy’s trying to prevent us from leaving the club. Maybe they’re working together.”

Fox News’ Megyn Kelly actually interviewed the man, Luis Burbano, who admitted to blocking the exit, asking, “You were holding the doors so that the shooter could not get out, but was there any concern that, you know, you might be keeping the people fleeing the shooter from getting out?”

“Yeah, um … yeah. That was on my mind. There was banging, there was pushing on the door. That was on my mind; but at that point in time, I just tried doing what I thought would be best at that moment,” because, as he explained, the door opened into an alleyway which was extremely narrow and would have created a juggernaut. Burbano also worried he might be opening the door to the shooter, so felt by holding it shut, he would prevent the attacker’s escape.

So, while Burbano’s actions were perhaps motivated by ‘doing the right thing,’ he directly endangered the lives of others trapped inside. Was he working in concert with the attacker or attackers? Probably not. Should he face consequences for blocking one of the only safe means for people to escape an active shooter? Without a doubt.

As for the description possibly more than one shooter had been involved, Gonzalez actually wasn’t alone.

A second witness described in an interview aired on the Today Show, “It had to have been more than one person, too, because [the gunfire] was just too continuous … It’s like you’re at a gun range and all you hear is just, BOOM, bang, bang … I can’t even describe it.”

In footage captured by multiple witnesses outside the club, police appear to be engaging in an exchange of gunfire with an unknown subject. Mateen, however, was killed inside the club, according to most accounts.

“They’re shooting back and forth,” the person taping video can be heard saying over a volley of gunfire in the background. “Oh. My. God. They’re all shooting back and forth.”

Could this also lend credence to accounts of multiple attackers?

Yet another eyewitness to the massacre has come forward to describe the events for ABC News’ 20/20 — and his detailed account could be critical. After Mateen collected the hostages’ phones, according to the witness, he called either law enforcement or a news station and said, “America needs to stop bombing ISIS … in Syria.”

“Then he called somebody else that he knew,” the man recalled, “and he mentioned that he was the fourth shooter, and there was [sic] three others, and mentioned, I believe a female name, that was playing dead and she has a bombing vest and he has one, too. And then he said there was three snipers out there waiting for cops to come so the snipers would shoot at the cops.”

And even another witness to the events has described the situation as one of multiple shooters. Noting the sheer number of gun shots ringing out, the witness was asked by Infowars, “So, you believe there was more than one gunman there?”

“I believe that,” the young man replied, “because that’s kind of impossible, to me, for one person with two handguns firing off.” He also described seeing Mateen’s picture on social media, and said the suspect central to the investigation did not appear to have the physical build to employ the two weapons necessary to account for the barrage of gunfire he heard.

“He couldn’t manage to fire off two guns,” he surmised.

Decide for yourself, as always, what such accounts — which contradict the now-uniform mainstream narrative — might mean.

But remember, as well, questioning what you’re being spoon fed by the government and corporate media is in no way disrespectful of the victims. Rather, it is out of respect for the dead and injured that appropriate parties be held accountable — and factual accuracy is imperative in order that justice be served appropriately.

Claire Bernish writes for TheFreeThoughtProject.com, where this article first appeared.

(activistpost.com)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/15/2016 1:19:58 AM

Tensions Rising Between Russia, U.S. – Do Drills And Bases Signal Troop Placement?

JUNE 14, 2016

By Brandon Turbeville

With the rising tensions in Syria between the United States, NATO, Europe, and Russia, there are, once again, signs that both sides are preparing for the potential of some type of direct military confrontation between the world’s two superpowers.

While most individuals assume that both historical and future events arise as a result of a series of massive and seismic actions, the truth is often that a whimper precedes the bang. While many events are indeed sparked by a single definitive act, it is also true that, in the events leading up to the defining moment, rarely does the general public realize that they are walking along the path to such an event. Even rarer is the individual who realizes that this path was already carved out by high-level players in the halls of banks, corporations, governments, and secret societies long before the destination is ever reached.

For instance, most scholars present the events leading up to World War I as an immediate reaction to the assassination of Franz Ferdinand by a shadowy semi-secret society that was not fundamentally connected to any other secret establishment. The truth, however, is that not only was the Black Hand a part of a Revolutionary Freemasonic structure and the war itself a carefully orchestrated plot that involved the personal attention and assembly of King Edward VII as well as British and French Freemasonic Lodges, but it was not solely a reaction to the assassination of Ferdinand.

More importantly for the context of this article is the fact that, for thirty days after the assassination, life, for the most part, continued on without any apparent changes in the lives of the general public. Indeed, in the month after the assassination of Ferdinand, the majority of the world’s population had returned to what has been described as a “dreamlike trance” of ignorance even as the declarations of war were being prepared behind the scenes.

The time of this “dreamlike trance” – July 1914 – may very well bear relevance to the time in which we find ourselves today. While we must do our best to avoid sensationalism, the question of US-Russia relations, US imperialism, and the geopolitical imperatives of the US, Russia, China, and NATO compounded by the overwhelming ignorance of the general public is one that should cause some concern as to whether or not we find ourselves in a similar situation today.

In March, 2015, I wrote an article entitled “Do Russia/NATO Military Drills Signal Something Ominous?” where I listed and discussed a number of “military drills” and acts of strategic positioning that pointed toward the potential for direct military confrontation between the two powers. It is now over a year later and that cataclysmic confrontation never took place. Unfortunately, signs and indications that it is a possibility are picking up again.

The Polish Drills

The recent drills involving U.S., British, and Polish troops, dubbed Anaconda, are some of the largest NATO drills of its kind and they are doing nothing to ease the tensions with Russia over the deployment of the missile defense system aimed at Russia and being placed essentially at its doorstep.

As Reuters reports,

US, British and Polish soldiers parachuted to the ground in Poland on Tuesday in a mass show of force as NATO launched its biggest war games in eastern Europe since the Cold War.

The exercises — staged against the backdrop of a military and diplomatic standoff between Russia and the West — have rattled the Kremlin.

NATO says the 10-day Anaconda manoeuvres involving 31,000 troops are intended to shore up security on the alliance’s eastern flank, where member states have been spooked by Russia’s increasingly assertive actions.

“There’s no reason to be nervous,” Ben Hodges, Commanding General, US Army Europe, told reporters, insisting the exercises were purely “defensive”.

They are being held a month ahead of a NATO summit in Warsaw set to seal its largest revamp since the Cold War by deploying more troop rotations to eastern European members deeply wary of Russia after its 2014 annexation of Crimea from Ukraine.

Moscow fiercely opposes the NATO moves, billed by the US-led alliance as part of its “deterrence and dialogue” strategy.

And the Kremlin reacted angrily to the start of the manoeuvres, NATO’s biggest since the Trident drills last year involving 36,000 troops in Italy, Spain and Portugal.

“The exercises… do not contribute to an atmosphere of trust and security,” said spokesman Dmitry Peskov.

“Unfortunately we are still witnessing a deficit in mutual trust.”

Anaconda involves troops from 24 states, including 14,000 from the US, as well as ex-Soviet “Partnership for Peace” states like Ukraine.

The New Russian Base

It is very strange logic to consider a military base built inside one’s own country as an act of aggression. However, it can be considered an act of strategic positioning and it cannot be argued that Russia is not being forced to respond to U.S. provocation and encirclement. For this reason, it appears that the Russians are building a new base on the Russian/Ukrainian border in an effort to protect itself from the growing potential of a direct confrontation with NATO troops.

Reuters also reports on the new Russian initiative by writing,

Russia is building an army base near its border with Ukraine, the latest in a chain of new military sites along what the Kremlin sees as its frontline in a growing confrontation with NATO.

While there have been no clashes between the former Cold War rivals, Russia is building up forces on its western frontiers at a time when the NATO alliance is staging major military exercises and increasing deployments on its eastern flank.

A Reuters reporter who visited the Russian town of Klintsy, about 50 km (30 miles) from Ukraine, saw a makeshift army camp, large numbers of newly-arrived servicemen and military vehicles.

. . . . .

Last year, Reuters also reported on construction of two other bases further to the south on Russia’s border with Ukraine.

It is rare for a mainstream media outlet to utter anything resembling reality these days but Anton Zverev did manage to do so when he wrote for Reuters that “Each side says it is only responding to steps taken by the other, but the build-up risks locking NATO and Russia into a spiral of measure and counter-measure from which it will be difficult to escape.” Of course, the article did not point out that American/NATO aggression is indeed the reason why Russia feels the need to shore up its defenses.

The U.S. Aircraft Carrier In The Mediterranean

After the small draw down of Russian troops and aircraft from Syria, the Western media could not contain itself from making claims that the Russians were running scared from their battle with ISIS, despite the fact that the Russian-Syrian alliance had done more to destroy the group in weeks than the U.S. had done in years.

But, while the Russian draw down was itself limited and merely a change in strategy after the initial phase of Russian involvement had been completed, it appears that Russia has ordered another round of military equipment to Syria.

This time, instead of committing planes and personnel to land bases inside Syria, Russia is sending its aircraft carrier, the Admiral Kuznetsov, to the Mediterranean.

Even as that aircraft carrier is scheduled to appear in the Mediterranean in the coming months, the United States has made an “unplanned diversion” of its own as the USS Harry S. Truman has also been sent to the Mediterranean.

As Tamer El-Ghobashy of Market Watch wrote,

This 20-story-tall aircraft carrier with a crew of 5,000 made an unplanned diversion from the Gulf to the eastern Mediterranean last week — a quick pivot intended to send a clear message to Russia.

. . . . .

Rear Adm. Bret Batchelder, the highest-ranking officer on the carrier, told visiting reporters this week that moving the “capital ship” of the U.S. Navy from the Gulf through the Suez Canal is a flexing of muscle meant to reassure North Atlantic Treaty Organization allies of the American commitment to maintaining the balance of naval power in the Mediterranean.

“It is a demonstration of capability. That’s for sure,” he said. “There are undoubtedly folks who are watching that and this is just a graphic representation of what we’re capable of.”

A military official in Washington said the Truman’s shift was a signal to Moscow and a demonstration of the Navy’s operational flexibility and reach.

The Race For Raqqa

The Syrian military is quickly closing in on Raqqa, one of the last ISIS strongholds in the country, and is expected to reach the city within a matter of weeks or even days where a major battle between government and terrorist forces is inevitable. Recently, the Syrian militaryliberated a number of areas in eastern Syria near the Taqba airbase, another site that is expecting liberation in the next few days. The Syrian military has already reached the edge of Raqqa province.

Raqqa has acted as the ISIS capital since the mysterious appearance of the group two years ago and has gone virtually untouched as the Syrian military has been bogged down in major cities and western/central areas of the country in their fight against the Western-backed terrorists. Notably, despite its rhetoric of fighting to “degrade and destroy” ISIS, the U.S.-led coalition has yet to bomb Raqqa.

Fresh on the heels of a major public relations victory in Palmyra, however, the Syrian military is now marching toward Raqqa and, if successful, it will score one of the biggest victories in the five-year war. This is not only because the de facto ISIS capital will be eliminated or because the SAA will gain more territory, it is because the liberation of Raqqa will be yet another example of how the Syrian military will have accomplished in weeks what the United States and coalition members have claimed may take a decade to do. It will be another instance where the lack of will on the part of the United States to actually destroy Daesh is put on display for the rest of the world, either causing the U.S. to look weak in the eyes of the world or exposing it for actually supporting the terrorist organization to begin with. Regardless, the victory for the Syrian government will be twofold.

That is, unless the U.S. gets there first . . . .

The U.S. has been using the presence of ISIS in Syria as an excuse to bomb, send Special Forces, publicly support terrorists, and possibly invade since the Western-backed terror group appeared on the scene two years ago. Yet, despite its rhetoric, the United States and its coalition have not bombed Raqqa and have largely abstained from bombing (see here and here) any other terrorist group. Instead, the U.S. has focused on bombing Syrian military targets, civilians andcivilian infrastructure (see here also), and acting as a deterrent to the Syrian military’s movement in many “rebel-held” areas of the country.

Now, however, the United States seems to have great interest in Raqqa as it aids its loose collection of terrorists, fanatical Kurds, and Arabs known as the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) in “battles” around the ISIS capital.

So why the sudden interest in Raqqa? It’s fairly simple. The United States sees clearly that the Syrian military and its Russian allies are going to liberate Raqqa soon enough and the U.S. does not want to suffer another public relations setback. A defeat for ISIS is thus a humiliation for the United States. That fact alone should raise some eyebrows.

Regardless, the United States would like to have its own “victory” in Raqqa before the Syrians and the Russians can have theirs. If the SDF is able to “take” Raqqa, the U.S. will then be able to shout from the rooftops that America has liberated Raqqa and defeated ISIS in its own capital.

The U.S. also has another goal in Raqqa – the theft of more Syrian territory by using its proxy forces going by the name of the SDF. Whether or not ISIS proper is in control of Raqqa is merely a secondary concern for the United States. If the SDF succeeds in imposing control over the city and the province, then the West will have succeeded in cementing control over the area in the hands of its proxy terrorists once again, but with yet another incarnation of the same Western-backed jihadist fanaticism. The U.S. can then use the “moderate rebel” label to keep Russia and Syria from bombing the fighters who merely assumed a position handed to them, albeit through some level of violence, by ISIS.

With the situation as it stands, there is now the very real possibility of some type of major confrontation taking place in Raqqa that could very well have international ramifications. On one hand, there is the Syrian military, backed by the Russian Air Force and Russian Special Forces heading East to Raqqa while, on the other side, there is the SDF, backed by the U.S. Air and Special Forces, heading West toward Raqqa. Both sides are in a race to gain control over the ISIS capital, gain territory, and declare a victory for the world to see. But what if they arrive in Raqqa at the same time?

In other words, there is a distinct potential that, in the race for Raqqa, the Syrian/Russian alliance might find itself face to face with the possibility of direct military conflict with the U.S./SDF (terrorist) alliance. At that point, the question will be who, if either, will back down? If both forces decide to push forward, the result could be devastating not only for Syria but for the rest of the world.

Conclusion

It is now legitimate to wonder whether or not Russia and NATO are engaging in troop placement under the guise of drills for the purposes of preparing for and eventually launching a real war.

Indeed, one would be entirely justified in wondering whether or not we are seeing the chess pieces being set for a major military confrontation beginning in Eastern Europe but finding its way to North America and eventually enveloping the entire world.

Given the track record of both governments, it is entirely plausible to believe that, if both nations were indeed placing their military personnel in strategic positions, the cover of “drills” could and would be used so as not to forewarn the general public or cause panic in society and hamper the war effort. In addition, the cover of military drills and exercises is obviously a tactic available to governments whereby they are able to position military personnel in prime locations before any actual combat has taken place.[1]

With all of this in mind, we must begin to ask ourselves, “Are the American people in a dreamlike trance?”

“Are we in July, 1914?”

Notes:

[1] Stalin: The First In-depth Biography Based on Explosive New Documents from Russia’s Secret Archives, Anchor, (1997) ISBN 0-385-47954-9, pages 454-459

This article may be freely shared in part or in full with author attribution and source link.

(activistpost.com)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/15/2016 1:28:04 AM

NATO Exposed As ISIS Springboard Into Syria

JUNE 14, 2016

By Tony Cartalucci

Kurdish fighters allegedly backed by the US, have crossed the Euphrates River in Syria and have moved against fighters from the self-proclaimed “Islamic State” (ISIS) holding the city of Manbij. The city is about 20 miles from Jarabulus, another Syrian city located right on the Syrian-Turkish border. Jarabulus, too, is held by ISIS.

The initial push toward Manbij came from the Tishrin Dam in the south; however, another front was opened up and is hooking around the city’s north – successfully cutting off the city and its ISIS defenders from roads leading to the Turkish border – including Route 216 running between Manbij and Jarabulus.

Planning an assault on an urban center requires that an attacking force cut off city defenders from their logistical routes. Doing so prevents the enemy from fleeing and regrouping, but also diminishes the enemy’s fighting capacity during the assault. It is clear that the fighters moving in on ISIS in Manbij have determined that Jarabulus and Turkey just beyond the border, constitutes the source of ISIS’ fighting capacity.

Western Media Admits ISIS Entering Syria From Turkey

Jarabulus is increasingly being referred to across the Western media as the “last ISIS border-crossing point into Turkey.” A 2015 article written by the Guardian’s Jonathan Steele titled, “The Syrian Kurds Are Winning!,” would explain that (emphasis added):

In July of this year the YPG, again with the aid of US airpower, drove ISIS out of Tal Abyad, another town on the border with Turkey. This meant ISIS had lost two of the three crossing points from Turkey through which it could bring foreign volunteers, finance, and weaponry to strengthen the jihad.

Idriss Nassan, the Kurdish spokesperson of the Kobanî canton, told me that the YPG now plans to liberate the last ISIS border-crossing point into Turkey at the town of Jarabulus.

Steele’s article gives the impression that the US was actually trying to stop ISIS by helping the Kurds wage war inside of Syria. However Steele, for whatever reason, never addresses his own implications that ISIS is literally being reinforced from Turkey – a NATO-member since the 1950’s which hosts a US Air Force base at Incirlik, and who has allowed US, British, French, and Persian Gulf state intelligence agencies and special forces to operate along its border with Syria with impunity since the conflict began.

More recently, in a Washington Times article titled, “Turkey offers joint ops with U.S. forces in Syria, wants Kurds cut out,” it would quote the Turkish Foreign Minister himself admitting (emphasis added):

Joint operations between Washington and Ankara in Manbji, a well-known waypoint for Islamic State fighters, weapons and equipment coming from Turkey bound for Raqqa, would effectively open “a second front” in the ongoing fight to drive the Islamic State, also known as ISIS or ISIL, from Syria’s borders, [Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu] said.

The Foreign Minister of Turkey admits that ISIS forces – fighters, weapons, and equipment – are pouring out of Turkey’s own territory “bound for Raqqa,” but never explains how the most notorious terrorist organization of the 21st century could move enough men and materiel through a NATO-member state to wage an entire war with, without being stopped before reaching Syria. Also not explained is where ISIS is procuring the weapons that it is moving through Turkey.

It is a reality that directly and damningly implicates Turkey and its allies as state sponsors of terrorism, and calls into question both the legitimacy and relevance of NATO itself. At the very least – NATO is exposed as a military alliance so impotent that it cannot even secure its own territory from being used as a springboard for full-scale ISIS military operations.

US-NATO Harbored, Protected ISIS for Years

It should be noted that as a “collective act” by NATO, at one point in the conflict, the United States and Germany would even place Patriot missile systems along the Turkish-Syrian border to discourage Syrian aviation from approaching too close – a strategic reality that did not shift until Russia began its own direct military intervention in the conflict on Damascus’ behalf, as Defense News reported at the time.

In retrospect – it appears that both the US and Turkey were complicit in ensuring Syrian efforts to interdict terrorists including ISIS were ineffective – establishing what was essentially a de factobuffer zone inhabited by among other groups – Al Qaeda’s Al Nusra Front and ISIS itself.

Russia’s entry into the war and its subsequent operations directly along the Syrian-Turkish border disrupted ISIS’ logistical support from NATO-territory and has been the primary factor leading to ISIS’ weakening within Syria.

Time is Up for the West’s Narrative

With the Western media itself now admitting ISIS is crossing into Syria from Turkey – even without explaining the obvious context and implications this has for both Turkey and NATO – it will become quickly apparent to all that more should be done by Turkey and NATO to contain ISIS within Turkey itself, rather than beyond Turkey’s border with Syria.

For the United States in particular to have substantial military assets located in Turkey for its Syrian operations, but appear oblivious to the ISIS threat passing by its own troops, intelligence officers, and military trainers and advisers, will become an act even the most naive Americans and Europeans will find difficult to believe.

In the meantime, efforts to continue securing Syria’s borders, north and south, must be made in order to confront the West’s proxies on the battlefield. Meanwhile, across information space, efforts must be made to continue raising awareness that a war fought by fighters moving from one country into another is not a “civil war,” it is a foreign invasion – and those nations participating in it along the invaded nation’s borders must be held accountable.

Tony Cartalucci, Bangkok-based geopolitical researcher and writer, especially for the online magazineNew Eastern Outlook”.

(activistpost.com)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!