Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: POTW Feedback
9/21/2010 11:01:13 PM

Hello POTW Team,

I don't vote as often as I should......My bad!!!

Most of the posts are on track, it was nice to read them!

Wish there was something that I could add....

Take care,

Jo

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
9/22/2010 2:57:20 PM

Quote:
As reward POTW should be given 3 months of Gold membership.

Hi Enamul,

I am sure there would be a few members who would welcome that idea and it would certainly make for interesting races. Three months may be a bit long but we can certainly look into other prize options like the Gold Membership.

Regards,

Barry

+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
9/22/2010 3:49:39 PM

Quote:

SNAP!

I will not vote in POTW because these spammers and crooks get welcomed into the community. Why invite a person to be your friend if he or she has not filled in a profile and we know that they are not here to con and spam. I am disgusted by the number of people promoting these get rich quick programs. There are more than there have ever been and until it stops, I do not wish to be associated with a community that welcomes those who promote ponzis, matrices, cyclers, list builders or HYIPs.

When you see a splash page inviting you to send in an e-mail for a free gift or report you cam bet your last dollar that the promoters want this to sell your details. Why welcome people into a community who pomote this stuff?

I am on strike until the management and mods clean up this community.

Hello Judy,

Voting in the POTW is voluntary and not a requirement. The people listed as candidates are listed because they are active in the community. It is not our position to judge the offers of individuals and the vote is left up to all members such as yourself as to who deserves the award and voting is voluntary and therefore decided by the voting members.

We are a community meeting place where opinion is the individual's voice and whether it's listened to is up to the individual reading it. We are not about to start policing every quote and offer listed. The members of the community take care of that themselves through their own postings, messages and reports of abuse and whether we need to intervene is determined by a situation rather than examining every individual and offer.

Sincerely,

Barry Scott

+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/22/2010 4:23:16 PM
Quote:

Quote:

SNAP!

I will not vote in POTW because these spammers and crooks get welcomed into the community. Why invite a person to be your friend if he or she has not filled in a profile and we know that they are not here to con and spam. I am disgusted by the number of people promoting these get rich quick programs. There are more than there have ever been and until it stops, I do not wish to be associated with a community that welcomes those who promote ponzis, matrices, cyclers, list builders or HYIPs.

When you see a splash page inviting you to send in an e-mail for a free gift or report you cam bet your last dollar that the promoters want this to sell your details. Why welcome people into a community who pomote this stuff?

I am on strike until the management and mods clean up this community.

Hello Judy,

Voting in the POTW is voluntary and not a requirement. The people listed as candidates are listed because they are active in the community. It is not our position to judge the offers of individuals and the vote is left up to all members such as yourself as to who deserves the award and voting is voluntary and therefore decided by the voting members.

We are a community meeting place where opinion is the individual's voice and whether it's listened to is up to the individual reading it. We are not about to start policing every quote and offer listed. The members of the community take care of that themselves through their own postings, messages and reports of abuse and whether we need to intervene is determined by a situation rather than examining every individual and offer.

Sincerely,

Barry Scott

Oh my lands sakes, forget the spammers, they don't last long here. Why deny people a vote because of a few bad apples....Also, there is no way to prevent them, Bogdan and his staff can not monitor every post, in every forum.....Just keep being involved in the good of this community.

Take care,

Jo

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
9/23/2010 4:33:40 PM

Quote:
The spammers last. My profile is nearly all spam and nobody does anything when I report abuse.The community has deteriorated out of all recognition since I was active from 2002-2006. There are plenty of ways that a community can prevent spam and abuse. I am in other forums and they do not have spam sent to members through the PM system. There are forum mods and folder mods who police the forums and will not allow promotion of scams within the community. If other communities can do it why not this one?

I am not recommending this community or voting until I see some sort of improvement in the policing. People are leaving in droves and I don't blame them. Management seems to have no control and I remain ON STRIKE.

Hello Judy,

I do not want to get into a never ending debate on what you believe should be happening on the Community and you are entitled to your opinion. The community has been doing fine, good members, both new and long term have handled what you deem to be as spammers quite well and administration has handled or stepped in when it is deemed necessary to do so.

Mistaken censorship could cause more damage than the result of a spamming message. I appreciate your war on spam as like us all we would like to see it disappear as well, however this is a business networking community, policing the messages and posts of over 125,000 members to the point of having to determine or debate what is going to classified as spam is a little over the top. In a non-business themed or strictly social community this might work and it may be where you need to be to not expect or receive business related messages.

Sincerely,

Barry Scott

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!