Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: It's Time to Congratulate Kathleen VanBeekom, The 221st POTW!
3/21/2010 9:24:59 PM

Thanks, John!

My oldest brother often called me that when I was a teenager, for trying to reason with my father, I didn't think it was a bad idea since he was getting older all the time. I recently had a run-in with the old stubborn man again in October, this time about the coffee pot and microwave, and what uses more electricity. It doesn't matter, it was his house and he keeps the coffeepot plugged in all day, evaporating and getting burnt.

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2010 11:43:03 PM
Quote:

Hello Barry,
Nice job you're doing here, welldone my friend!!

To my good friend and supporter, Kathleen, I say a big CONGRATULATIONS to a well deserved honor. You have shown so much energy and zeal in promoting love and friendship among members of this community.

Thank you Kathy, enjoy your week.

Sam

Thanks, Sam!

I forgot to use the Quote on a few replies! I remember it took 7 weeks from the time I answered your 10 Vital Questions until you posted it, I thought a hundred times about cancelling, wow! That was a long doom! THANKS!

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2010 11:57:19 PM

I wanted to tell a funny story that happened last winter, I took my son's coat to the tailor to have the zipper repaired, and I walked in wearing several handmade necklaces containing tons of Swarovski crystals that I buy in bulk by the thousands to make jewelry, and my husband tells me not to leave stuff all over the house, so sometimes I wear several necklaces/bracelets at a time...and I was wearing a pre-owned fur jacket that day, not new, USED! So I walked into the Asian tailor shop, (my husband is also half Asian...so whatever I say...is a "relative" thing here!) and I showed the lady my son's jacket that needed a new zipper, and she took one look at all my jewelry and my fur jacket and said "Thutty Dollah!" and I said "NO, NOT thutty dollah! My son's jacket only cost $20 and I'm NOT paying thirty for a new zipper! I'm going somewhere else!" So then she looked at my son's jacket where I had sewn up the inner armpits of it myself, and she said "You sew yahself?" (AS IF I wouldn't know how! LOL. Both of my grandmothers did tons of sewing for other people!) "Yes!"..so then she says "OK, zippah, eight dollah."

GREAT! I told that story over & over to all my husband's relatives, they all thought it was hilarious!

Handbeaded Swarovski ...ta die for! Beads for an entire bracelet only cost me 2 dollah! Beads for necklaces only cost 4 to 5 dollah when purchased in bulk! I resell for MUCH LESS than thutty dollah! Seriously. No offense to any Asian people, I've been living among you for nearly 25 years! Looking good will never convince me to pay $30 for an $8 zipper repair! Sparkle to make other women grab your arm and NEED that bracelet! The clear crystals look like real "ice"!

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/22/2010 12:55:30 AM

Hi Thomas,

Yes, I had some green beer, that could be my last beer of this year, I have a doctor appointment this week and I need to cut out unnecessaries and get back to eating right, I guess :(

+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
3/22/2010 2:10:14 PM
Quote:

Thanks, Barry!

I hope the POTW is going stress-free for you so far!

Hi Kathleen,

Every once in awhile stress sneaks in but for the most part it has been fun. I am still in the honeymoon stage with this, but the support for the POTW is great and it is giving me a chance to get to know more of the community members. I hope all is well and I am glad you are back, you are a very deserving POTW.

Take care,

Barry

+0