Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: It's Time to Congratulate Kathleen VanBeekom, The 221st POTW!
3/21/2010 3:49:22 PM
Quote:

Hi Kathleen,

Just wanted to stop by and say...

On Being Selected As The 221st POTW

Wishing You All Success In Everything You Do. Have A Great Week In the Spotlight My Friend,

Phil

Thanks, Phil!

Actually my mother's parents were both from Ireland, and my mom's birthday is the day before St. Pat's (and her twin brother) so it was always a big day/week for our family. I usually wear green every day for St. Patrick's week, and practice drinking beer way ahead of time so my beer-drinking is perfect for the big day!

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2010 3:54:08 PM
Quote:

Hello Dear Barry and Friends!

Dearest Kathleen!

I need to say that it was an Interesting Race to follow all week... and, I am very Happy that You won the 221st POTW... otherwise I would have lost my election ;-) YES! I voted for You! Since You were the One in Charge all of 2009, You couldn't be nominated and win this so very much deserved honor My Friend... and, I am Very Happy to see YOU being Recognized this week Kathleen! CONGRATULATIONS!

w2.gif image by illpic

Hugs and Blessings,

Alain

Thanks, Alain!

I remember a conversation I had with my sister a couple years ago, I said I don't need a prize, I just need to WIN...and she said "I know you do." She knew me all my life, the win was the thing, maybe too much sometimes, so maybe removing my own win situations was best for me. She couldn't stand it if I won a game against her, especially if we were the only 2 playing, and so we didn't really play as we got older, it would turn into a verbal altercation. It still WOULD if she was still here.

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2010 4:00:38 PM
Quote:

Hi Kathleen,

I can feel you cringing.

I know how you hate recognition.

It serves you right for helping to recognise others.

Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS you deserve to be here my friend.

Thanks, Roger!

That's part of the reason I ducked out this past week, I didn't even want to make replies...now I sound like my son. I wasn't paying much attention to the election, I didn't know I was nominated, then realized I was going to win (why?!) Also had an unusual personal week, my mom's Alzheimer's is getting worse, she forgot when her birthday was, then I told her I never forget MY birthday because I sit in the backyard with a jug of Margaritas and a big book for several days...good thing it's in July, not January! She told me not to drink in front of the neighbors or I'll get a reputation! I haven't heard that word since I was a kid!

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2010 4:04:36 PM
Quote:

Hi Kathleen

Congratulation. to one of my Friends.ENJOY! friendship.jpg picture by kareblbltKaren Gigikos

Thanks, Karen!

I hope everything's going great for you. You're truly an inspiration with the blackbelt in karate, I need to get in better shape, I'll be 45 this year and I feel the middle age creeping up on me.

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2010 4:13:38 PM
Quote:
Dear Kathleen,

Wow that really was an interesting bio. I usually shrink from reading life stories, but this was your bio and I was not surprised to find it engrossing.

I of course knew your opinions are mostly controversial, you have frequently aired them in both your forum and my forum and in this regard, Sammy's interview about a year ago was also most revealing. The part about your sister I can certainly relate to, since a girlfriend of mine has for all her life been in a very similar situation and while she has never really confided her innermost feelings about it with me, I have frequently tried to understand what being in her shoes can be like.

I have also frequently thought how terrible it would be if I became suddenly blind. Would I want, or have the strength, to go on living? But then I think I still would have music to resort to as a refuge so all would not be actually lost and maybe, only maybe, I could go on living.

But I guess I had better stick to what brought me here in the first place, lest this message becomes too lengthy: namely, to congratulate you for this POTW award, and still perhaps more important, to wish you all the best, now and forever, in everything you do.

Sincerely,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

P.S. The other parts in your bio I find most fascinating too, especially the ones dealing with evolution and the possibility of dogs going to heaven. Without insisting too much on this, I do believe they will eventually go to heaven, but only after taking new births as humans..

Hi Luis Miguel,

We've had many dogs and cats, both in our parents family, and within my marriage, and all my sisters and brothers, and in-laws! One of my cats is very sensitive to peoples' emotions, she tries to comfort people when we're upset, and it's obvious that pets get annoyed when they can't sit where they want or don't get what they want, they really do have almost-human reactions.

When I was in high school, I would tell some of my teachers how I felt about my sister, because she was difficult to live with, and very demanding to have her own way all the time, and my mother would always give in to her, even if she was wrong. There was only 1 teacher who really listened to me about that, and didn't judge me for the way I felt. All the rest looked surprised, as if it was wrong of me to feel upset about obviously upsetting situations. If the disability was removed, my sister just would have been a mean big sister, like one of the others, easy to ignore, but she was not ignorable, I HAD to be nice to her and pay attention to her and do things her way. That was very difficult and took a big emotional toll, I knew that situation also came between my parents, my mother obviously took my sister's side above all else, even above my father, and it got to him immensely.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!