Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: POTW Eligible Member Suggestions
8/20/2011 6:52:26 PM

Hi Barry,

I have a suggestion: I think all nominees should prepare a winning feature bio about themselves during the week while they're on the ballot and send it to you before the ballot closes, just so you have it available, instead of having to use their profile information.

I think the nominees should be aware that they are ON the ballot and ready to win, and this could provide them with more incentive to promote themselves during the election.

Winners should not just have their profile information posted in the Congrats thread, it should be new current information that they just wrote and want to share during their POTW week.

ALSO if there's a problem with slowness in message arrival (and sometimes there IS, because one of my Direct Messages from April wasn't delivered to some people until MONTHS later) then maybe all nominees could just post their "Congrats bio" in the comments during the election, that would be BIG FUN and show who's actually aware that they are IN the election and prepared to win.

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/20/2011 9:38:25 PM
Kathleen good idea

Quote:

Hi Barry,

I have a suggestion: I think all nominees should prepare a winning feature bio about themselves during the week while they're on the ballot and send it to you before the ballot closes, just so you have it available, instead of having to use their profile information.

I think the nominees should be aware that they are ON the ballot and ready to win, and this could provide them with more incentive to promote themselves during the election.

Winners should not just have their profile information posted in the Congrats thread, it should be new current information that they just wrote and want to share during their POTW week.

ALSO if there's a problem with slowness in message arrival (and sometimes there IS, because one of my Direct Messages from April wasn't delivered to some people until MONTHS later) then maybe all nominees could just post their "Congrats bio" in the comments during the election, that would be BIG FUN and show who's actually aware that they are IN the election and prepared to win.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
8/24/2011 3:27:08 PM
Quote:

Hi Barry,

Hi Kathleen,

These are very good ideas. I try to have the notifications sent out for the election, however time is some times an issue. I will use a template and incorporate the "post their "Congrats bio" in the comments during the election" as I agree that would be fun.

Regards

Barry

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/30/2011 4:02:16 AM

A month sounds excrutiatingly long, it's not a presidential election, most people already know who they want to vote for, it doesn't take a month to get someone to click in here. If the nominees want votes, they should post the election link and deadline to Facebook and Twitter and other networks and stockpile their followers at those other networks to be highly compiled from Adlandpro members.

Besides that, will the nominees have to be actively socializing for the entire month they're on the ballot? Some probably don't want to. Some nominees only show up shortly before the election to start socializing because they want a better chance of winning, and then disappear after they win, as if they think nobody notices that short-time schmooze to try to win and then run off into the sunset afterwards.

==>>I think it would be better to make it a 2-person election because for most of the past year it's mainly been between 2 nominees and the other 2 usually have no idea they're on the ballot, don't show up to vote or make comments, and are basically just extra photos and names that only get 0 or 1 or 2 votes anyway. A 2-person election would just be making it what it already is anyway. Sometimes I think we may as well put 2 mannequins up there with the 2 people who are getting the majority of the votes. Why keep having 4 nominees when half of them are just photos on the wall next to the 2 main vote-getters? This current election #293 is one of the few in the past year that's had a more even spread of votes. Nominees should at least show up during the election and make a comment at the poll, people need to do something if they want to win, and stick around for the longterm after they win, not just a couple weeks to look good and then disappear.

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/30/2011 4:19:23 AM

As I stated in my previous post about short-term showing up before the election and not visiting the forum to comment...so far in #293, two of the nominees have not shown up in that forum to post comments, and if you click on their profiles FORUMS tab and scroll down to check their recent activity, one of them just started showing up again regularly last week after a long absence. If voters were going to study the candidates, and they should...all those factors should be taken into consideration. That's why the profile links are up there, and we can click thru recent Forum activity to see who's here a lot and who's not. Candidates who just show up for a short time and run off shortly after the election are just like runners who grab a paper cup of water from the sidelines, or grab a POTW win during their circle thru while on their way in and out of here from Facebook, just a quick gulp of Adlandpro and most of it tossed aside.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!