Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: POTW Eligible Member Suggestions
12/18/2010 1:26:23 AM
So the forum does need to be active?

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/18/2010 1:39:14 AM

I think a lot of people won this year without active forums.

This week I voted for Lloyd, his forum is active, but I just wanted to vote for someone who hasn't made a post for over 19 months, although he does log in. Logging in seems to be a key factor.

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/21/2010 12:13:13 AM

Hi Barry,

Last year I was looking in the "Online Users" area for people who were online and then I looked to see if they had active forums, I had a list of about 75 eligible people most of the time. I could help you with that, and compile a list, not a ton of people all at once but I could look at several per day probably, to have a pool of eligible nominees.

Also, I was thinking about the logging in within 30 days, is that enough of a requirement? Because some people log in and don't post, and their forums remain active from other people posting, especially in the advertising forums. I was wondering about changing that to people who post to their own forums and also post in public, at least once within 30 days, not just logging in and not posting, such as logging in to check messages, and not being in public, in my opinion, that's not community participation. I hope this doesn't get deleted, thanks.

Could the eligibility requirement be something like "Public community participation within the last 30 days AND posting to their own forum within the last 30 days?"

+0
12/21/2010 2:17:47 AM
Becky Ragsdale
+0
1/13/2011 2:51:02 PM

Cynthia Slick

She has 3 active forums and remains active in community.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!