Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Nominations/Election WEEK Ending September 22nd for the 205th POTW:
9/24/2009 4:52:08 PM

Hi Sara,

It's a weekly election, how long do you think we have to get all voters back in here for a write-in tie-breaker?  It could take days to get everyone back here, then it wouldn't be closed within a week.  

Also, people would say they don't want to put 1 name in public. 

I've mentioned before about the tie-breaker several times in the past, all people need to do is check back occasionally and read the posts. 

The other people in the tie will most likely win soon, they've all been POTW before, right now I don't think any of the 3 of them are aware they were tied for first.  None of them have shown up to say anything about it. 

This tie-breaker is the quickest way to choose a winner, it's not going to drag out for more than a week by trying to get all voters back in here to type in 1 name.  It also wouldnt be fair if all those who DID have Barb, Beth and Dave in their lists if they all didn't get back in to break the tie by the new deadline, would it?

What if only a few voters came back before the deadline? The rest would say it still isn't fair.

All you people put up with anonymous electronic ballot voting for years without harping on it, whether it was valid or not, like sheeple, now at least you can see this, whether you all study it or not is your business.

If I DIDN'T mention it was a 3-way tie, would anyone have known? Do you people pay attention to this on your own? 

+0
RE: Nominations/Election WEEK Ending September 22nd for the 205th POTW:
9/24/2009 5:08:17 PM

Quote:

Hi Sara,

It's a weekly election, how long do you think we have to get all voters back in here for a write-in tie-breaker?  It could take days to get everyone back here, then it wouldn't be closed within a week.  

Also, people would say they don't want to put 1 name in public. 

I've mentioned before about the tie-breaker several times in the past, all people need to do is check back occasionally and read the posts. 

The other people in the tie will most likely win soon, they've all been POTW before, right now I don't think any of the 3 of them are aware they were tied for first.  None of them have shown up to say anything about it. 

This tie-breaker is the quickest way to choose a winner, it's not going to drag out for more than a week by trying to get all voters back in here to type in 1 name.  It also wouldnt be fair if all those who DID have Barb, Beth and Dave in their lists if they all didn't get back in to break the tie by the new deadline, would it?

What if only a few voters came back before the deadline? The rest would say it still isn't fair.

All you people put up with anonymous electronic ballot voting for years without harping on it, whether it was valid or not, like sheeple, now at least you can see this, whether you all study it or not is your business.

If I DIDN'T mention it was a 3-way tie, would anyone have known? Do you people pay attention to this on your own? 

Oh, you are doing a great job Kathleen, not complaining, just wondering I suppose.  I did post in Art Gallery and notified whoever reads it about listing them in order as to favorites.  I may be the only one who was not aware of that - so now that I know, I will list in that order.  No, Kathleen, in answer to your last question there - at least I know I don't - no time for it.  You could just come up with anyone and I would never know the difference!  You know I agree with you on that voting ballot thing.  People with several accounts voting for their favorites...  don't think we were sheep we just had to put up with it until it was changed.  All of those who are nominated are due their time to be POTW and it will happen.  Maybe just pointing out under your rules that this is how it will be when a tie happens.  Would that help?

Thanks,

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!