Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Your Friday Chuckle - Every Day Of The Week
4/10/2012 9:50:04 AM
Hello Friends,

Jodi's here with the first edition of NewsBusted for the week. In this episode you'll find out what B Hussein celebrated in this years' Passover Seder, you'll also learn why there were no Easter Eggs in the WH this year and sooooooo much more.

Shalom,

Peter

-President Obama
--Passover
--NBC News
--George Zimmerman
--Occupy Website
--Soledad O'Brien
--Rick Santorum
--Latinos
--Tim Tebow
--Peyton Manning
--Tyler Perry
--War on Women
--White House Easter Egg Roll

Starring: Jodi Miller
Production: Dialog New Media

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWSjaAy497s&feature=uploademail

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Robert De Merode

669 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/10/2012 11:18:33 AM
An Airliner

At a recent software engineering management course in the US, the participants were given an awkward question to answer. "If you had just boarded an airliner and discovered that your team of programmers had been responsible for the flight control software how many of you would disembark immediately?"

Among the ensuing forest of raised hands, only one man sat motionless. When asked what he would do, he replied that he would be quite content to stay onboard.

With his team's software, he said, the plane was unlikely to even taxi as far as the runway, let alone take off.

----------------------
An artist, a lawyer, and a computer scientist

An artist, a lawyer, and a computer scientist are discussing the merits of a mistress. The artist tells of the passion, the thrill which comes with the risk of being discovered. The lawyer warns of the difficulties. It can lead to guilt, divorce, bankruptcy. Not worth it. Too many problems. The computer scientist says "It's the best thing that's ever happened to me. My wife thinks I'm with my mistress. My mistress thinks I'm home with my wife, and I can spend all night on the computer!"

--------------

Microsoft Support

A Microsoft support man goes to a firing range. He shoots 10 bullets at the target 50m away. Then the supervisors check the target and see that there's not even a single hit, and they shout to him that he missed completely. So he tells them to recheck, and gets the same answer. Then he put his finger at the top of the gun and shoots, blasting off his finger. When he saw it he shouted back "I don't know, it's working perfectly here, the problem must yours..."

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/10/2012 1:03:19 PM
http://www.ironsky.net/site/

Germans love Nazi spoof

'Iron Sky' lands more than $3 mil in bow

MOSCOW -- "Iron Sky," the $10 million Nazis-on-the-moon spoof partly financed by global sci-fi fans, clocked in more than a quarter of a million admissions, and box office north of $3 million, in its initial release over the Easter holiday weekend.

No. 1 in its home territory of Finland with 75,000 admissions, the film -- a co-production with Germany and Australia, pulled in 250,000 admissions from 340 screens across Norway and Germany.

Released by Polyband in Germany, the movie -- a dark comedy of mad Third Reich escapees to the moon planning to return to Earth for a 21st century takeover -- "Iron Sky" rolls out next across other European and international territories, including the U.S., U.K., Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Australia, Israel and Japan.

Helsinki-based producer Blind Spot Pictures worked a worldwide community of sci-fi fans and online gamers to help pull in close to 10% of the movie's budget through crowd-financing.

Polyband CEO Swetlana Winkel said the 164-screen release in Germany did gangbusters biz. "We are very glad that so many fans of 'Iron Sky' went to see the film although it was Easter holidays and very cold," she said. "We will increase the screens to follow the huge demand."

Producer Tero Kaukomaa said the opening suggested there was a potential audience of "millions around the world."

Stealth Media Group has sold the film worldwide except for Portugal, Italy, Spain, Latin America and South Africa, he added.

Contact the Variety newsroom at news@variety.com

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/10/2012 2:13:56 PM
Hey Robert,

Thanks for the chuckles. Gotta say the computer scientist has the best of all worlds. Doesn't he?

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:
An Airliner

At a recent software engineering management course in the US, the participants were given an awkward question to answer. "If you had just boarded an airliner and discovered that your team of programmers had been responsible for the flight control software how many of you would disembark immediately?"

Among the ensuing forest of raised hands, only one man sat motionless. When asked what he would do, he replied that he would be quite content to stay onboard.

With his team's software, he said, the plane was unlikely to even taxi as far as the runway, let alone take off.

----------------------
An artist, a lawyer, and a computer scientist

An artist, a lawyer, and a computer scientist are discussing the merits of a mistress. The artist tells of the passion, the thrill which comes with the risk of being discovered. The lawyer warns of the difficulties. It can lead to guilt, divorce, bankruptcy. Not worth it. Too many problems. The computer scientist says "It's the best thing that's ever happened to me. My wife thinks I'm with my mistress. My mistress thinks I'm home with my wife, and I can spend all night on the computer!"

--------------

Microsoft Support

A Microsoft support man goes to a firing range. He shoots 10 bullets at the target 50m away. Then the supervisors check the target and see that there's not even a single hit, and they shout to him that he missed completely. So he tells them to recheck, and gets the same answer. Then he put his finger at the top of the gun and shoots, blasting off his finger. When he saw it he shouted back "I don't know, it's working perfectly here, the problem must yours..."

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
4/10/2012 4:17:56 PM

Hi Jim, were you awake when you posted this????? Looks to me like you forgot which thread you where in and posted it in the wrong one since this is definitely no joke or at least it's not to me.

Quote:
http://www.ironsky.net/site/

Germans love Nazi spoof

'Iron Sky' lands more than $3 mil in bow

MOSCOW -- "Iron Sky," the $10 million Nazis-on-the-moon spoof partly financed by global sci-fi fans, clocked in more than a quarter of a million admissions, and box office north of $3 million, in its initial release over the Easter holiday weekend.

No. 1 in its home territory of Finland with 75,000 admissions, the film -- a co-production with Germany and Australia, pulled in 250,000 admissions from 340 screens across Norway and Germany.

Released by Polyband in Germany, the movie -- a dark comedy of mad Third Reich escapees to the moon planning to return to Earth for a 21st century takeover -- "Iron Sky" rolls out next across other European and international territories, including the U.S., U.K., Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Australia, Israel and Japan.

Helsinki-based producer Blind Spot Pictures worked a worldwide community of sci-fi fans and online gamers to help pull in close to 10% of the movie's budget through crowd-financing.

Polyband CEO Swetlana Winkel said the 164-screen release in Germany did gangbusters biz. "We are very glad that so many fans of 'Iron Sky' went to see the film although it was Easter holidays and very cold," she said. "We will increase the screens to follow the huge demand."

Producer Tero Kaukomaa said the opening suggested there was a potential audience of "millions around the world."

Stealth Media Group has sold the film worldwide except for Portugal, Italy, Spain, Latin America and South Africa, he added.

Contact the Variety newsroom at mailto:news@variety.com?subject=Germans%20love%20Nazi%20spoof

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!