Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Your Friday Chuckle - Every Day Of The Week
11/11/2011 4:04:23 PM
Hello Robert,

Thanks for sharing this delightful video. I loved the light show.

I witnessed hundred maybe even so much a thousands of times a farmer with their amazing sheep dog/s (usually strong eyed - doesn't bark and hunterway barking dog) herding the sheep through all sorts of obstacles and often out of sight from their master the farmer but in hearing of his whistles of command
to bring the sheep to their destinations where the farmer directs

Amanda

Quote:
The Welsh sheep-farmers seem to have grasped that fireworks are great for getting the sheeple to move in unison ;-) Some superb editing as well.
Enjoy!

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/11/2011 4:26:52 PM
Hey Robert and Amanda,

All I can say it Totally Freakin' Amazing. Thanks for starting my morning with a smile.

Quote:
Hello Robert,

Thanks for sharing this delightful video. I loved the light show.

I witnessed hundred maybe even so much a thousands of times a farmer with their amazing sheep dog/s (usually strong eyed - doesn't bark and hunterway barking dog) herding the sheep through all sorts of obstacles and often out of sight from their master the farmer but in hearing of his whistles of command
to bring the sheep to their destinations where the farmer directs

Amanda

Quote:
The Welsh sheep-farmers seem to have grasped that fireworks are great for getting the sheeple to move in unison ;-) Some superb editing as well.
Enjoy!

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/11/2011 5:41:11 PM
Hello Friends,

In today's edition of NewsBusted we'll find out the real name for all the 100 criminal probes against companies that were recipients of the 2009 stimulus, who the 2000 year old mummy scientists found really is and much more.

Shalom,

Peter

NewsBusted 11/11/11
Topics in today's show:

--There are now over 100 criminal probes investigating the money doled out on the 2009 stimulus

--Democrats in Congress are considering a tax on financial transactions

--The Department of Homeland Security will now show PSAs in hotel rooms across America

--A new study claims that so-called global warming is the responsible for the extinction of animals that started over 10,000 years ago

--A GOP group in Virginia is under fire for sending an email with a picture of a zombie Obama

--According to a new report, 1 in 4 travelers smuggled liquids past TSA

--According to Snookie, Jersey Shore's the Situation is broke

--Scientists have found evidence of prostate cancer in a 2000-year-old mummy

Starring: Jodi Miller
Production: Dialog New Media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh4Cs7k4W6Y&feature=player_embedded

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/11/2011 5:53:11 PM
Hi All,

MSM is on a rampage with the alleged sexual harassment complaints against Herman Cain. I for one have my doubts about the veracity of the different claims and I'll be posting about that in the President's thread but I found the below graphic to be quite funny and also shows what many think about these attacks that suddenly arose after Cain became one of the frontrunners amongst the GOP candidates.

Shalom,

Peter

http://conservativebyte.com/2011/11/herman-cain-news/
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/13/2011 1:55:53 PM
Hey Peter,

I like your last post there and that's the real hope of the left they will bore us to death with bs and tune out completely and we could have a hard road to hoe if that happens.

I am posting the following here as I found the story humorous not minimizing the issues at hand at all as I am not versed in the goings on there in the body politic.

Karin Kloosterman

1000 Naked Israelis Strip to Save the Dead Sea

| | 17 Comments | Email this

Spencer Tunick’s naked shoot at the Dead Sea in Israel: yes, some women even got covered in Dead Sea mud.

Cloaked in secrecy, they wouldn’t know the location until they got into the bus. While politics in the Middle East seems to overshadow environmental issues, some passionate Israelis decided to be a part of history, and photographer Spencer Tunick’s dream of his latest “Naked Sea” installation, at the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth.

The nude models aged 18 to 77 met early Saturday morning, according to one participant, calling it both exhilarating and strangely natural to be part of one of the latest Tunick projects. Tunick who comes from a religious Jewish family in New York has done about 75 naked installations in cities around the world. This one was about environmental awareness and freedom in the Middle East. The Dead Sea is rapidly sinking due to water shortages from one end in the north as the Jordan River runs dry, and greedy chemical companies from Israel and Jordan on the south side.

The Dead Sea’s surface is receding by about one meter (39 inches) every year, and it could be dry by 2050 if it is not protected.

Despite condemnation from Jewish religious authorities, the “strippers” fearlessly dropped their drawers earlier this morning. While some areas of Israel are extremely conservative – like Jewish, Muslim and religious Christians in Jerusalem, most of the country can be found on a spectrum between very religious or completely secular. There is a freedom of choice.

“In some places the work is a little bit more controversial, and then in other places the works are accepted as a litmus test for how free a country is, or how open a country is, and how full of rights a country is,” he said in a pre-shoot press briefing.

One participant writing to the Jerusalem Post reported:

“This is not just to make art, this is to celebrate that this is happening in Israel,” Tunick told the crowd before we undressed, explaining that he has made over 20 trips to Israel and has family in Netanya and Kibbutz Revivim. This installation, he added, could not happen nowhere else in the Middle East.

After an hour-late start, buses from cities throughout the country converged at a closely-guarded secret location at the northern end of the Dead Sea, around 5 a.m. Following a short introduction – “make sure not to smile when you’re in position” – the entire crowd rose as one and removed their clothes.

“I thought it would be harder to get undressed in front of so many people, but it was liberating,” said Zev, from Tel Aviv.

Some called the experience quiet and zen-like, at least until the aerial gliders started swooping in to take their own pictures, making it uncomfortable for some of the models. But Israel being a small country, it’s really hard to do anything, especially a massive naked installation in secrecy.

The gliders, which stayed for around half an hour, cast a pall over the installation and made it impossible to hear Tunick’s directions as he was racing against the sun to capture the photograph.

Every color of the Jewish and Israeli rainbow?

Aside from the issue with the planes, the event went off without incident, fairly impressive considering the harsh physical environment which could have easily caused serious injury to the participants. After an hour in the Dead Sea holding different positions – certainly the longest I have ever been in the salty water, and an experience I hope never to repeat – and an hour standing in the sun, I started to feel a bit like beef jerky, well salted and laid out to harden in the sun.

Anne Grant, the participant also pointed out that there was an all-male shoot, and for curious readers one with women covered in Dead Sea mud. Some oddballs, she adds, tried to prolong the experience by not getting dressed after the shoot was over. Since the permit to be naked on the beach lasted only until 8 am, one of the organizers started freaking out, especially by the naked guys – one was smoking a cigarette, another one was playing the flute.

“Today I’m just a catalyst for more than 1,000 Israeli artists,” Tunick told the Jerusalem Post after the shoot. “This is important, even for religious people. The safety of democracy is dependent on a society that accepts freedom of expression in art.”

::Jerusalem Post

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!