Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
RE: Your Friday Chuckle - Every Day Of The Week
5/17/2011 2:37:40 AM
Remember the "Fruit Cake Lady" Marie Rudisill? She was absolutely hilarious and lived to the ripe old age of 95. She died on Nov. 3, 2006 in Hudson, Florida. She was a guest on the Jay Leno show numerous times and was 89 years young the first time she appeared on his show. Some things are just timeless as are these two videos. :)
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2011 4:37:37 PM
Hey Evelyn,
These are hilarious. I forgot all about her and she was one smart and straight talking lady and funny to boot.
Shalom,
Peter

Quote:
Remember the "Fruit Cake Lady" Marie Rudisill? She was absolutely hilarious and lived to the ripe old age of 95. She died on Nov. 3, 2006 in Hudson, Florida. She was a guest on the Jay Leno show numerous times and was 89 years young the first time she appeared on his show. Some things are just timeless as are these two videos. :)
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
5/18/2011 1:56:14 AM

A South Carolina farm wife called the local phone company to report her telephone failed to ring when her friends called -- and that on the few occasions, when it did ring, her dog always moaned right before the phone rang.

The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog or senile lady. He climbed a telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the subscriber's house. The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned and the telephone began to ring.
Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:
1. The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire with a steel chain and collar.
2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.
3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the number was called.
4. After a couple of jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate.
5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.
Which demonstrates that SOME problems CAN be fixed by p*issing and moaning.
Thought you'd like to know.
:)
+0
5/18/2011 2:06:25 AM

Hello friends, here's another telephone joke. :)

The Farmer's New Telephone
There was a farmer out in the country, a meek little guy who had a speech problem and couldn't talk right. He got his first telephone, the kind that hangs on the kitchen wall and has to be cranked to get the operator.
Soon after it was installed, he tried his first call.
(crank, crank, ring, ring)
"Operator."
"Gimme fvree, fvree, one, fi, pease."
"Excuse me?"
"I wanna talk ta fvree, fvree, one, fi."
"I don't understand you, sir."
"FVREE, FVREE, ONE, FI!"
"Sir, if you want to make a call, you're going to have to talk plainer than that."
"Oh, yust shtick it up yer ash!" (slamming the phone down)
The next morning, there was a knock at the farmer's door. Two very large repairmen from the phone company were there, and they asked him if he was the one who had used a profanity with their operator.
"Yesh, I yam", he said.
The telephone man said "Sir, we don't stand for our ladies being treated that way. You have a choice. You can either call her right now and apologize, or we're going to remove your telephone."
Without saying a word, the little man walked to the telephone.
(crank, crank, ring, ring)
"Operator."
"Are yew th' lady I told ta shtick 'dis telephone up her ash?"
Immediately huffy, the operator replied "I CERTAINLY am!"
"Well, get ready. Dere bringin' it in."

:)

+0
5/18/2011 2:24:03 AM

Hello Peter, glad you enjoyed the "Fruit Cake Lady" videos. Yes she was a character, no doubt. :)

Quote:

Hey Evelyn,
These are hilarious. I forgot all about her and she was one smart and straight talking lady and funny to boot.
Shalom,
Peter

Quote:
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!