Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Beverly Armstrong

385 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time to Congratulate JOE DOWNING, the 179th POTW!!
3/18/2009 8:04:19 PM

As instructed: CONGRATULATIONS Joe!

I messaged Joe to congratulate him and he asked if I would do so here. And of course Joe was correct, my congrats should have been directed here!

Joe you sound like a fabulous guy and well deserving of all the praise extended to you here. It is a distinct privilege to welcome another deserving POTW in the long line of many.

Having had the privilege of being the very first such POTW recipient I know how it feels to be appreciated by one's peers! Especially here where there are so many great folks to choose from.

Once again: "Hail To The 179th POTW, Joe!"  :)

Ms Beverly

Beverly Armstrong NC., Health & Website Consultant, Trainer, Writer & Entreprenuer, Network Marketing & Tutorials http://networkingblogs.blogspot.com http://gender-differences-in-networking.blogspot.com
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/19/2009 7:39:15 AM

G'day John,

The Aussie lingo fascinates me, so I've been reading up on it here and there.  I came across a good Aussie linguistic tale for ya...

General MacArthur was evacuated from the Philippines as the Japanese invaded and had his headquarters for most of the Pacific campaign in Lennon's Hotel in Brisbane, Queensland. It has been said that as he reviewed a parade of Australian troops about to go overseas to battle, that he asked one soldier "Did you come here to die?"

The Digger (Aussie soldier) answered "Nah mate, came here yesterday."

That one always gets a leg slapping with me!  LOL!!!  Ah, I better leave the lingo at that before I get tagged a drongo!  For me to speak this way probably isn't worth a Zack.  Reckon I better go have an APC and go make a quid.  LOL!!!

Ooroo,

Joe

PS:  Soufles are not very popular here anymore, so I had to scrounge around for a sample of it.  Love that puddin pie!

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/19/2009 10:17:57 AM
Hello JOE :-)

WOW, how great to see Beverly at your party! I'm so happy to see her around after so long! I very much hope this means only good things!

Pardon me Joe for distracting the attention from you for a little bit!

Here is now what's for the celebrated person, aka YOU :-D

click!

Wishing you all the best,
With friendship,
Anamaria
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/19/2009 11:54:28 AM

Dear Beverly Kersey,

We have something in common.  We're both HOPPY!!!!  LOL!!!   I'm also HUGGY too!  :)

So... with that said and done and there,

HOPPY HUGGY,

Joe
***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/19/2009 12:01:11 PM

To Nick!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!