Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Robert De Merode

669 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Human Shields In Gaza - MALMO, SWEDEN ------ MALMORABIA ?
3/14/2009 10:57:57 AM

Hello Peter,

I would like to jump in once in a while. Not to object of course but to question the word “Freedom” as you put it freedom of speech. I do not wish to sound facetious either for we know that freedom of speech can mean two things. One it means physical freedom to speak and it also has the bearing of an opinion whether political or opportune. Obviously you are talking of the second.

Not bearing to any spiritual beliefs (even though they are as such when faith corresponds to reason) freedom or let me say the real freedom is agreed to by all when it corresponds to reality. Any conversation proves this, (the irrational is always cast off). So, my question is whether speech can be freely exercised without endangering peace or welfare? Said differently, can you authorize free speech when it is to harm? Can you freely proclaim that 2 plus 2 equals 5? In that sense 2 plus 2 can equal anything you wish but the reality is that this comes to a dead end very quickly. It can be fun to say as we have recently with our “Mad Cow Disease” jokes in your other post that “your cow believes that he is a helicopter” or whatever but, there are limits to human freedoms in speech. Go beyond that boundary and you are either having fun, (and humor is best when it is a caricature of what reality has to portray) or you are willingly or not proposing disorder, disorder that can be limited to insignificance but also to all out confrontation of the worst sorts. Now you might (as well as others J) say who is to say what right is from wrong opinions, and I would obviously say that someone else asked that 2.000 years back. No, he was not Greek he was Roman.

Freedom in anything speech, movement, travel, business, whatever can only be free when in unison to truth, and truth is such when it is in unison towards common reason. To conclude on my basic theological blabla I would say that freedom of speech should be for the providing of truth if it is public, and for normal communications for when it is private or for general purposes. Speech was not given to humans by the creator to swear and fowl and provoke. Speech is for communicating, helping and for self-confining humans into the truth that in itself provides for more freedom than words can ever express.

Hope that makes fore a little verbal sense! And not too off the object of the forum, but to make sure it does not I will say that Islam has NO right to even speak, or breath (I did not say Muslims!)

Friendly yours,

Robert.

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/14/2009 11:52:46 AM
Hi Peter and Friends,

I believe there are moderate Muslims. However, Islam still teaches all Muslims to eradicate the infidel ( every single person on the earth that is not Muslim) so whether or not they all act accordingly or not  the Koran  still teaches hate.

How do we know which ones are moderate and which ones are not ? It's not like they carry a sign saying," I am not a radical Muslim" now is it.   Should we allow them to live next door and hope they are moderate ? Do you allow them in Israel to live in your communities and go to school with your children ? Do you allow them to buy a house in your neighborhood and hope they are moderate? I know the answers , these are rhetorical questions you do not have to answer unless you would like to enlighten the group just in case they don't know ;)

If the moderates would take courage and speak out against the radicals than maybe folks might start to believe not all Muslims are the same. I have rarely seen or heard any of them say anything against their radical terrorist brothers, silence to me  speaks volumes.
 Here in the US until 9/11 we all lived in peace with Muslims for as long as I can remember. Today, every time I see one on the streets in a large city I feel I am  in danger.  I wonder what they are up too, are they terrorist ?  I no longer feel safe in large crowds, I am more cautious in every thing when I go out and everywhere I go I feel I now have to be on guard. I know they will strike again here in the Us probably not too far in the distant further.

Robert, you brought up some interesting points. When I read the words "freedom of speech" I interrupt it  to mean just that .. the freedom to say what you like, about anyone you like, and in any manner you so chose. Whether you are speaking the truth or not you should still be allowed to speak . yes, even those radical Muslims should have that same right even when they are spewing hate and discord. Please don't get me wrong here; I don't like hate speeches or radical groups!! I just feel like everyone should have the right to chose . The right to chose is a "freedom" given to every human being by our Creator and who am I to argue with him ? ;)

Shalom,

Geketa
Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/14/2009 1:20:03 PM
Hello Peter and Friends,

I am still over here reading and learning and just wanted
you to know that even though I have not posted much
this forum has been a valuable source of information that
has opened my eyes, encouraged me to think and really
ponder that it is not just happening in the USA and Israel
but the whole world is at stake.

Through what I have read, there have been many, many
signs of Muslim activity infiltrating our various countries
early, historic culture and values that their citizens have understood and lived their lives in harmony within these structures - now our countries have been changing our
ways to meet the demands of Muslim immigration
extremists because they appear to have the loudest
voices and use every means the citizens have put into
place for their own and use it against us.

It is way beyond the time for the citizens of our various
countries to start standing up and voicing our displeasure
that our cultures have been compromised to
accommodate immigrants with very different values and cultures to our own and made to change our way of life. 

People cannot live in harmony under these circumstances,
there will always be 'butting heads'.  A divided country
due to culture, vast religious views and value difference
cannot live together in any peace - it will fall.

Amanda

+0
Robert De Merode

669 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/14/2009 2:02:01 PM

Hello Geketa,

I fully grasp your point, and do not intend differently but, in French we have such a more thorough tensing of verbs that we sometimes (especially with official letters) need to have more specifics when they are in English. So I simply tried clumsily to stress my point from the very basics. So, Yes I agree we can all talk and openly express our opinions, but similarly as in a classroom there does need to be some order and also for the naughty boy at the back seat by the radiator to shut up and listen. The whole classroom would not progress where it otherwise. (Sometimes we read nowadays that in a school that kids simply massacred the teacher.) Is that not having given too many rights to the children? And in the adult life these principles are they not similar? I hate speed limits, but without them would there not be more hooligans speeding crazily? Society does need to establish limits, and these should also go to public speaking. In the UK in London I believe there is a park where anyone can speak publicly on Sundays about all and any subject except, yes except … against the Queen. Not a bad principle! Very British if you ask me, but had they known in those days about today’s problems I am sure the limits would have been set a spot higher by Jove. Obviously today it’s already too late for that, but it does not unreal the principle that there are limits to free speech even if it is simply for peace and calm in the family. That is why I say Islam should not be aloud to benefit from civilized advantages, because it is Islam and therefore not a civilized and freedom searching mentality. I do not say (free to you to dream about it! Hehe!) that you should shoot a Muslim who is talking or even shouting, because he is an other human being, but I do not agree in no way of “them” enforcing their garbage and slaughtering of our sheep and the list is very long indeed.

I am sure you agree, J

Friendly yours,

Robert.

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/14/2009 8:01:48 PM

Hi Mattias,

I was a bit worried when I posted the article about Malmo and the Muslims violent "protest"that you might be offended. Your response shows me that you were indeed offended but by the actions of the extreme Islamic fanatics and not by the article itself.

I thought the situation in Malmo where 25% of the population is Muslim is an excellent example of what will happen in the rest of Europe and in fact is happening right now.

Thanks for bringing up the Swedish Democratic Party and their fight to curb the massive immigration of Muslims into Sweden. I am not all that familiar with this party but it appears they realize the inherent dangers and the possibility of losing their way of life if this continues. I wish there were more parties like them in the rest of Europe.

Shalom,

Peter 

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!