Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
LUIS MIGUEL GOITIZOLO IS THE 168th PERSON OF THE WEEK - POTW
11/22/2008 3:17:34 AM

POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW

The 168th Person of the WEEK !!!  

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro,

Peter Fogel, Ana Maria Padurean and Jim Allen your POTW Awards Team.  

Are pleased to announce;

Luis Miguel Goitizolo is the 168th Person of the Week

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

It’s time again for one our favorite projects of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is one of our favorite projects because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people.

Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special.

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. 

To qualify the person has to be an active member
and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here at AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week

(also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). 

This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

In the past 350 post were the minimum requirement, we

aren't locked in on that number but a minimum of 300 posts

is mandatory. Posts that are mainly advertising posts will not

be considered.

Please note highly visible with a positive influence in and on

the community means just that. You have to have an active

forum and/or be active in community forums that are not ad

threads.

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member 

of the Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

This week we're honoring Luis Miguel Goitizolo.
Luis is involved in the community and is seen everywhere supporting, and posting in many forums. 

Luis is a very interesting and active member of our community . Luis is very friendly, supportive, shares his extensive knowledge and artistic talents. Luis is always willing to lend a helping hand.

Congratulations Luis

on your POTW win! Wink

Luis Miguel Goitizolo  

Dear Peter, Jim, Ana Maria and All Adland Friends,

My name is Luis Miguel Goitizolo. I was born in 1945 in Lima, Peru, the land of the Incas and beautiful landscapes. We were five children in my family, three boys and two girls. My father was the best of men, a lawyer, and my mother a loving, beautiful woman who played the piano brilliantly. Religion was very important in our life and we were a happy family in a happy environment.

However, we also were a family of modest resources, and while in theory we belonged to a comfortable middle-class, I never had a real opportunity to study music, art or literature, which I passionately loved. So although I every year got the best grades at school, I ultimately felt forced to study science instead of art and literature. I believe it was owing to this decision that I never did well in my early years of work. Also, I never married and hardly ever traveled. If I had to make a balance of that phase in my life, I would say the only good thing I did was become an avid reader of every good book that came to my hands. In the long run, I developed a special taste for anything that had to do with Oriental Wisdom and particularly with India.

When I was about forty, after many years of frustration and dissatisfaction as an administrator and later on as a translator, I resolved to learn about and experience things that would prove gratifying in my life, like surfing at the beautiful beaches near my home area and taking courses in watercolor painting. Next I sold my old van and traveled for a while, mostly by train, photographing the wonderful sceneries of my country, a tour which for years to come would inspire me to draw and paint as a hobby, until I run out of money and had to get back to Lima and my usual occupations.

The years that followed were difficult times for me and everyone in my country, as terrorism wreaked havoc in our lives for nearly two decades. The nightmare finally ended, after another lengthy span of time in which I tried about almost everything, including some writing and editing books, I felt I should get started on a new, more rewarding phase in my life. I resolved to work online, which I saw as an opportunity to earn big money and make lots of friends. Then, for a couple of years, in spite of a certain frustration and dissatisfaction born from the meager results obtained, I nevertheless was feeling at ease both with the world and myself, as I really like the work. At the same time, I felt it was not enough. I wanted more from life, a real reason to live. And I remembered my studies in Oriental disciplines and my attempts at writing and editing. 

About twelve years earlier, a precious Hindu holy scripture, the Third Canto of Bhagavata Purana, had come to my hands as if by accident, and I was marveled to learn that in very remote times the Hindus were familiar with such advanced scientific concepts as the expansion of the universe and the space–time relativity, both of them notions which modern science would only become aware of from the Twentieth Century onwards. This, and the huge lengths of time involved in relation to cosmic cycles and ages, led me to start a study in the doctrine of cosmic cycles, which I published soon afterwards, in about 1998, in Spanish; and more than ten years after, as I resolved to look for a means of filling the void that I was feeling in my life, it induced me to translate the book into English, which is what has taken most of my time during the present year.
Currently I live with my lovely Goddaughter and her mother, who used to be our housekeeper in years past. We have three charming dogs, Paco, Moses and Dune, and we love to care for them and for every little being that we may come across in the streets.
Among my many interests, I am particularly fond of Religion, Eastern Cults, and Metaphysics. I love listening to music, reading, writing, painting, networking, and taking our dogs for a walk along the seafront lanes and parks in Miraflores, the beautiful district of Lima where we live.

Please visit my website at http://www.miguelgoitizolo.ws, where you will become familiar with what I believe to be the most important activity that I have ever devoted myself to. Or come to http://www.miguelgoitizolo.com, where I will show you the good companies and programs that I more or less actively have been promoting of late.

I would like to thank all my very good Adland friends who have made me feel like home during the years spent in this wonderful community. They are too many to remember everyone, but I will specially mention Pauline Raina, Jenny S.J., Jill Bachman, Rose Enderud, Jodi Siddon, Sam Sunday, Peter Fogel, Ana Maria Padurean (who recently invited me to participate as a PTOW nominee), and Branka Babic (who finally convinced me).

Thank you,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

It is time to congratulate Luis on his POTW win. Please invite
Luis to join your list of friends if she isn't already on it.

Luis Miguel Goitizolo,

Ana Maria, Jim and I are glad to be honoring 
you in this week's POTW forum.
You've been a great asset to our wonderful
community.

Enjoy your week as our 

POTW and King of AdlandPro!Wink

Thank you Adland Friends for supporting 
the POTW Forum

The Person of the Week Team

Peter, Jim and Ana Maria

POTW Awards Team

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: LUIS MIGUEL GOITIZOLO IS THE 168th PERSON OF THE WEEK - POTW
11/22/2008 3:24:33 AM
Hi AnaMaria & Jim,

Luis Miguel, Congratulations on your POTW win. It is a pleasure for me to know you and there is no doubt in anyone's mind that not only are you an extremely talented person but a gentleman in the true sense of the word.

Your wisdom and your willingness to share with us is admirable and I thank you for that.

Enjoy your reign as King Luis Miguel of AdlandPro.

Shalom,

Peter
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
11/22/2008 4:08:17 AM

Hi Miguel, congratulations on your award, truly deserved. 

I enjoyed reading your bio and have bookmarked your site.  Enjoy your week in the limelight and wear your crown with pride.

God Bless

Fionnuala

Visit your safe place on the Internet http://www.homebizhaven.com
+0
Ken
Ken Wolff

1889 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/22/2008 4:13:32 AM
Thanks,

Peter, Jim and Ana Maria for this wonderful forum.

Congratulations to everybody that voted.  You picked a great winner.

Glitter Graphics

Luis on your victory!!!

Enjoy your week in the spotlight King Luis Miguel!

Ken Wolff

Ken Wolff
wolff2001@gmail.com
916-704-9238

The Soaring Eagle Team
+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/22/2008 4:32:04 AM

Dear Luis Miguel,

For the very first time, I found myself in a big trouble. I wish to congratulate you for winning this award, but before it, I feel I must congratulate Adland for being able to attract you here.

Friends, aren`t we specially blessed to have this great and modest person among us?

Luis Miguel, I hope you don`t mind for mentioning your modesty, but being always playful as a child, I just have to "beat" against the modesty, when it has not be shown at the right place :) .

YOUR BIO IS JUST AMAZING!

Your level of awareness and understanding "unknown" things, we can meet so seldom.  LOL, I wish I have more words to speak about you, but this is your  party and I will stop now :) ...

I wish you can know and sense how true joy and happiness you caused yesterday and today!

Thank you Luis Miguel, and be blessed and happy!

Sincerely,

Branka

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!