Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
FORUM ETIQUETTE & HOW TO WRITE POSTS
8/11/2006 4:02:51 AM

Hello To All My Adland Friends & Family,

I am going to give a little lesson today on proper etiquette in forums due to some people that seem to have a problem with this! I am sorry that this lesson should even have to be written since we are all suppose to be adults here, but unfortunately it is something that needs to be done.

When a person starts a forum we all need to remember it is their forum, to write however they wish to. This does not mean that other members should go into the forum and post rude remarks, or nasty messages about how they think the forum should have been written, or what it should include.

This is just a matter of respect here people for the forum owner. I don't think anyone would appreciate someone coming into their forum and doing this to  them either. We all need to stop and think before we react! Stop and think how you would feel if the shoe was on the other foot...it's just that simple!

A little niceness and respect for your fellow human being goes a long way. So please remember to have a little common sense and respect for others when we go to other peoples forums and post there! Also, we can all learn to say things in a nice way and not with a snotty, nasty attitude! Once again...it goes back to respect for others.

If you really have an issue with someone then you should try sending them a private message, and get  things worked out that way...do not do it in the forum for all to see and read!

I truly hope that this forum can be adhered to by all members! As I said already, stop and think before you react, and react only in a way that YOU would want someone to treat you!

Remember the Golden Rule? DO UNTO OTHERS AS WE WOULD WANT OTHERS TO DO UNTO US!

Thank you all for reading this, and I hope that we can all be a little more thoughtful and caring of others in the future!

God Bless,

Marilyn

Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: FORUM ETIQUETTE & HOW TO WRITE POSTS
8/11/2006 4:18:31 AM
Marilyn,
Thank you so much for this forum. We all have to remember to treat people with respect. We are all trying to work, learn, and have a little fun as well. There should be freedom to express our thoughts and not act like children. This is a great community. Let"s keep it that way.
Nan
+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/11/2006 4:21:29 AM

Hello Sis ...

I agree with you 100% ... Treat others as you wish to be treated ...

The first amendment of the American constitution is freedom of speech ...

The first amendment of basic "human rights" should be respect for others and their opinions ...

We may not all agree on some things ... but differences of opinions are what constitute change in the world ... but there is a place, time and respectful way to communicate our differences.

A little common courtesy goes a long way. 

We have a fabulous community here and it would be a shame to see it marred by a few direspectful people ...

If someone cannot be courteous at all times in someone else's forum then it would be best to avoid the forum in question rather than hurt someone else's feelings. 

My Sicilian grandmother had a wonderful saying:

Pensa prima di parlare, perchè parole poco pensate portano pentimento.

Think before you speak because words that are lightly chosen will bring hurt.

So, think before you post, as you may be offending someone's sensibilities and denying them their first amendments.  No-one has the right to do that to anyone anywhere.

Like Marilyn quite rightfully said you wouldn't like it if the shoe was on the other foot ...

Be happy, be friendly, be respectful and you may just discover some truly wonderful people ... and find that they are more than meets the eye.

God Bless and much love to you Sis ... Great post!!!! One that truly deserved to be posted!!!

Venerina

+0
8/11/2006 4:26:01 AM
Hi there Sweet Marilyn :) All so true, I totally agree with you and something everyone should try and do! Have a wonderful day :)
+0
Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/11/2006 6:24:55 AM
God bless you Marilyn, You are a light
in the darkness.
Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17474/ShowForum.aspx
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!