Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA: GREEK ORTHODOX EASTER
4/28/2008 4:46:13 AM
Hello Branka!

Christ has risen. Indeed has risen!

I hope you had a great Easter! Greeks follow the new calendar meaning that today is my Special Day. St Georgios is also our family patron saint.

One of my St George icons is from St George Vraćevšnica Monastry west of Kragujevac. My sister's daughter was married there 4 years ago and I visited the Monastery. I was surprised of the beuaty both of the Monastery but also the nature. One of the few Monastries that was not bombed during the war by the Americans. There were bombing damage in the surrounging property of the Monastery. I saw that with my own eyes.

Hey with out knowing it I was married on May 6th, 1978, St George day, old calendar.

VRAĆEVŠNICA MONASTERY

The Monastery dedicated to St.George is situated on the southern slopes of the Rudnik Mt. on the road connecting Gornji Milanovac and Kragujevac, hidden in the heart of  thick wood, so visible only when approached. The legend says  that as the young man, Radic Postupovic, one of the mightiest nobles of despotes Stefan, prayed to St.George to safely return from Kosovo battle and founded the monastery in 1428. when his prayers were fullfiled. The rich history of monastery is certified by its turbulent devastation and reconstruction. In 1842. the high bell tower is built in the western side of the monastery building. During the reign of Prince Milos Obrenovic it is totaly renewed.

The Clip is from HILANDAR MONASTERY.

Blessings to you and your family
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
PHILOXENIA: Christ is Risen -sung by Patricia O'Callaghan GREEK ORTHODOX EASTER
4/28/2008 4:57:12 AM
Christ is Risen -sung by Patricia O'Callaghan in GReek!

Dedicated to Dimitra Bravou who sent me a SMS minutes ago.

Χριστός ανέστη εκ νεκρών,
θανάτω θάνατον πατήσας,
και τοις εν τοις μνήμασι,
ζωὴν χαρισάμενος!

Christos anesti ek nekron,
thanato thanaton patisas,
ke tis en tis mnimasin,

zoin charisamenos!

Christ is risen from the dead,
Trampling down death by death,
And to those in the tombs
He has given life!

Click above

The Christos Anesti hymn sung at Easter celebrating the moment of Christ's resurrection is the most important and beautiful revelation of Christianity and poignant expression down the centuries of the Greek desire for the rebirth of our race and nation. This version is taken from Christos Hatzis' work Constantinople and is sung by Patricia O'Callaghan.

Greetings from Greece
Georgios
+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA: Christ is Risen -sung by Patricia O'Callaghan GREEK ORTHODOX EASTER
4/28/2008 6:50:15 AM

St.Georgios - to Georgios!

Have a great day!

Branka

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
PHILOXENIA: EASTER- ST GEORGE DAY
4/28/2008 3:50:50 PM
Hello Branka

Thank you for the Icon of St George. This is a nice variation. My name's day today and my mobil and my skype got mad. I haven't had so many messages and phone calls for very long time.

I share Angels with you.

click above

Georgios
+0
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA: EASTER- ST GEORGE DAY
4/28/2008 3:55:50 PM