Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: PHILOXENIA: GREEK ORTHODOX EASTER
4/27/2008 6:25:57 AM
HAPPY EASTER!
Gunther G. - GENGRO Accounting and Business Consulting Services GENerating GROwth for Business and Individuals since 1991
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
PHILOXENIA: The Symbol of All Symbols
4/27/2008 3:20:50 PM
Thank you all for coming in!

ALL SUNDAYS ARE GOOD DAYS
BUT THIS
SUNDAY IS VERY SPECIAL

Deartest LaNell!

Easter Day in Greece! I am back home after a great Easter meal together with my family.

I WAS BORN ON A MONDAY 1955, January 10th

This Monday is my Day
St George 28th April, 2008

LaNell! It doesn't surprise me to see Sam Sunday featured in your forum. This man is marvelouse and extra ordinary contributor. It is an honour for me to be his friend, not because I was featured in Article of Virtue, but because of many other things, i.e. he is a representative of NIGERIA, a country most of us have bad experience on internet (I mean all fingers are not the same), he is also a representative of the Black Continent, Africa, a part of this world we don't know much about, but have much to learn from. This man is charming, intellectual, and very ambitious.

His contribution for me is the best I have seen in this community, and the community respecting him recognizes that. AdLandPro announced his forum ARTICLE OF VIRTUE as the first Best Forum AdlandPro is the measurement of our respect to his work. The man is professional and remarcable deserving all recognition.

SAM SUNDAY

Now Happy events for 400 million people in the world. We Orthodox Christians celebrate our Easter today, so I wish SAM, The ARTICLE OF VIRTUE winners and the whole community.

Christ is Rizen!
Krishti Ungjall! Vertete Ungjall!,

Orhniale harutjun Christosi!, Al Maseeh Qam!
Haqqan Qam!, Khen o methni aftonf!,
Christ is Risen!, Yasous Taustwal!,
Kristus nousi kuolleista!, Christ est ressuscite!, Kriste aghsdga!, Christus ist Auferstanden!, Christos Anesti!, Ha Mashiyach qam!,
Cristo è risorto!, Harisutosu Fukkatsu!,
Kristo Gesso!, Christus resurrexit!,
Jesu Kristi Ebiliwo!, Kristus er oppstanden!, Chrystus zmartwywstal!, Khristos voskres!,
Hristos Vaskrese!, Christos Voskrese!,
Cristo esta resucitado!, Meshiha qam!,
Hristos diril-Di!,Kristos Voskres!
Helisituosi fuhuole!

I told you once in a short article
LIFE IS A DREAM TO WORK ON

Make good use of it, stay spiritual pure,
live well and healthy.

I send you joyous and glad sounds
from our tradition as it is understood
in the rest of the world

CHRIST IS RISEN
© Fairouz, Lebanon, In Greek and Arabic

LOVE AND PEACE TO ALL
HE IS RISEN - EASTER 2008
For Greek Orthodox Ecumenical Church

Click above

PHILOXENIAGeorgios Paraskevopoulos
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA: The Symbol of All Symbols
4/27/2008 4:48:37 PM
An Angelic voice at Monastery Ravanica,Serbia, an Orthodox Church - The Ascension of Our Lord Church, may 2007.

This is a wonderful, peaceful holy place, more than 600y old.

Orthodox music:
Axion Estin, Kyrie Eleison - Divna Ljubojevic
Autor: Dencic

Picture sent to Greece by Dencic.

Ravanica, Serbia

Click above
The Ravanica Monastery
The Ravanica church is the first monument of the Morava School of the Serbian medieval art. Its ground plan has the form of an enlarged trefoil with a nine-sided dome in the middle and four smaller octagonal domes above the corner bays. There are 62 window lights. Valuable ceramic decoration makes use of geometrical patterns, floral motifs, zoomorphic and athropomorphic shapes.

Greetings from Greece
Georgios
+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA: The Symbol of All Symbols
4/27/2008 5:10:03 PM
Hi Georgios, Happy Easter to you today in Greece and other parts of the world. Have a great day! Hugs, LaNell                                               

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA: Orthodox Easter 2008
4/27/2008 5:43:21 PM
Hello LaNell!

For you First Lady Of AdLanPro I share: Ode 9-Megalynarion (Magnificat)
Translated from Greek into English.

Magnify, oh my soul

Click above for Orthodox Doxology

-Magnify, 0 my soul, her who is greater in honour and more glorious than the hosts on high!
-Magnify, 0 my soul, God born in the flesh, from the virgin!
-Magnify, 0 my soul, The King born in the cave!
-Magnify, 0 my soul, God, worshipped by the Magi!
I behold a strange, most glorious mystery! The cave is Heaven! The cherubic throne-the Virgin! The manger-the place where Christ lays, the uncontainable God, Whom we magnify in hymn!
-Magnify, 0 my soul, the Lord Who revealed Himself to the wise men by a star!
The wise men saw a new, uncharted star, following an unexpected course. Its brightness surpassed every star in heaven. It foretold the Messiah's birth: Christ, the King, born on earth in Bethlehem, for our salvation.
-Magnify, 0 my soul, the Pure Virgin who gave birth to Christ the King!
"Where is the newborn Infant-King? We have seen His star," the wise men said. "We have come to worship Him." Godless Herod trembled with fury, in his raging madness he plotted to kill Christ.
-Magi and shepherds came to worship Christ, born in the City of Bethlehem.
Herod inquired where the star appeared which had led the wise men to Bethlehem, but after they worshipped Christ with gifts, that same star led them back to their own land, confounding their pursuer, that godless murderer of children.
-Today the Virgin bears the Master within the cave!
-Today the Master is born as a babe of a Virgin Mother!
-Today the Shepherds behold the Saviour wrapped in swaddling clothes and laid in a manger!
-Today the Master who cannot be touched is wrapped as a babe in swaddling rags!
-Today all creation rejoices greatly and is glad, for Christ is born of a Virgin Daughter!
-The Powers of heaven declare to the world that the Saviour, Lord and Master has been born!
For us it is easier in fear to love silence, for this is without danger, but it is hard indeed with love to weave songs harmoniously composed, 0 Virgin. But do you, 0 Mother, give us strength that we may fulfil our intent.
-Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
-Magnify, 0 my soul, the might of the undivided Godhead in three Persons.
Types of the Word, 0 pure Mother, we have seen that have no light and shadows that are past;
newly He has appeared from the closed gate, and we, found worthy of the light of truth, your womb, as is most fitting, now we bless.
-Both now and ever and unto the ages of ages, amen.
-Magnify, 0 my soul, her that has delivered us from the curse.
The people that delight in Christ have found their longing, counted worthy of God's coming,
now cry in supplication for rebirth as giving life. Do you, pure Virgin, grant the grace to worship then that radiant glory.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!