Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA: EASTER- ST GEORGE DAY
5/10/2008 1:43:43 PM
Hello Lydia!

Thank you for the St George Icon. The colours, the technotropy and and the style is Russian.

Tomorrow is a Great Day. It is an other form to Hail EASTER and Vernal Equinox. Maybe the Greatest Event of the year. Mother's day is a very old event.

Happy Mother's Day.
Enjoy Angelic Meditation

Click Above

PHILOXENIA
My Secret Love at Philoxenia Community - Join us - Click the banner

Continue Reading The legend of Mother's Day in Philoxenia AdlandPro Forum

Greetings from Greece
Georgios

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
PHILOXENIA: Happy Easter 2009
4/9/2009 2:08:04 PM
Armenian Orthodox Church

May God bless those who made the following music. int the attached video-clip. It gives me so much peace in my times of anguish. Brings me closer to my God when I stray away from Him. It reminds me of who Armenians are and who they are supposed to be. Keepers of the faith, True to God and humanity and all that is good. Loyal friends to those who are weak and stand alone. Fighters for righteousness and Justice and the truth.

Christianity was declared as state religion for first time in Armenia in AD 301. This was largely due to the efforts of St. Gregory the Illuminator. He converted Armenia's king Tiridates III, who had formerly perse-cuted the Christians. It was St. Gregory who built the Mother Church at Etchmiadzin in AD 303.

St Gregory, Armenia

Click above

Happy Easter 2009
Georgios
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
PHILOXENIA: Happy Easter 2009: AGNUS DEI
4/9/2009 2:24:18 PM

AGNUS DEI © Michael W Smith

Blessed be the Lamb of God, who was, and is, and is to come. He is exhalted above all nations, none can stand against Him, none can comprehend His glory and His majesty. He is perfect in all His ways. To Him be all praise and glory. May He who is merciful beyond all measure be glorified and magnified forever and ever. Amen.

Click above

Georgios
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA: Happy Easter 2009: AGNUS DEI
4/9/2009 7:17:57 PM
 St Basil Moscow

St. Basil's Cathedral was built in the 1550's by Ivan the Terrible to commemorate his victory over the Tartars in Kazan in Central Asia.
The edifice sits proudly on the south end of Red Square in Moscow, Russia. It may look like the architectural equivalent of "too many cooks spoil the broth", but the design succeeds.
St Basil, Red Square
Moscow, Russia

Click above (click to enlarge)
Kindly Regards
Georgios
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA: Happy Easter 2009: AGNUS DEI
4/17/2009 12:01:07 AM
St George Cathedral, Beirut

Maronites (Ecclesia Maronitarum) are members of one of the Syriac Eastern Catholic Churches, with a heritage reaching back to Maron in the early 5th century. The first Maronite patriarch, John Maron, was elected in the late 7th century.

Click above

The Greek-Orthodox Cathedral of Saint Georges: Until the recent war in Lebanon this church, built in 1767, was the oldest functioning church in Beirut. The decorations on its walls were lost during the war. The cathedral has recently been restored.

GEORGOS
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!