Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
INSTANT GRATIFICATION
8/16/2005 5:48:21 PM
INSTANT GRADTIFICATION BY Martin Lindstrom | January 8, 2002 Without exaggerating, we can say that 2001 was a year of catastrophe. One reflection of the collective insecurity we developed because of 2001's tragedies has been the uncertainty grown around some of the world's most respected and established icons -- structures, personalities, companies, and brands. Close to 1 million people lost their jobs, millions lost their savings, companies folded, and the airline industry took a severe battering as a result of the ghastly events of September 11 and the attack's ongoing after-effects. What's the result? My belief is that kids and teens are likely to change their behavior dramatically. Having witnessed startlingly sudden loss of life on a massive scale, this generation will start to question the point of planning, anticipating, and developing long-term goals. They'll question the virtue of patience and simply want instant gratification. Instant gratification has been a feature of our everyday lives for a long time, anyhow. Just think about it. You play a game and instantly experience the gratification of your win. You watch a movie and in 90 minutes have found gratification in the story's denouement. You chat and enjoy the gratification of instant feedback. You no longer have the patience for a snail-mail reply time of four weeks; you expect an email response within 24 hours. So the instant gratification mindset has been on the way for years; 2001 just hurried along consumer adoption. You no longer save up millions of points on your airline frequent flyer account -- you use them instantly. You no longer hang on to that gift certificate -- you redeem it right away. We've arrived at a point in consumer evolution that requires brand builders to work with the instant-gratification generation. Yes, brands are still here, and, yes, they should maintain and communicate their solid values. But they now need to reward their customers immediately. Forget about long-winded loyalty programs, discount campaigns, and points systems. Give your customers their rewards now, and keep your promises. The better your brand is at keeping its promises, the better chance it has of being trusted. If your brand is one of the many millions running reward programs, dismantle it. Allow consumers to use their points instantly on smaller rewards. If you're a retailer, consider changing the twice-yearly sale cycle. Just two sales periods might be insufficient to gratify your customers. They may no longer have the patience to wait for those usual sale times. Offer your customers a small selection of year-round sale items. If you're looking after fast-moving consumer goods (FMCGs), forget about drawn-out competitions. Let your customers know if they've won straight away. The past year's events have placed more pressure on marketing's accelerator. Consumer patience has been spent, so you'd better tune your brand's engine to 2005's conditions. Your competitors are likely to travel faster than ever before, just to catch up with the instant-gratification generation Many blessings, Paul Davey and Kathy Martin
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
Gene Tinney

468 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: INSTANT GRATIFICATION
8/16/2005 5:57:01 PM
hi Kathy i thought instant gratification was green (oops)that was appreciation your friend Gene
+0
Paul Davey

488 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/16/2005 6:02:14 PM
WOW Kathy you had me worried for a moment just then? must be the male mind LOL. but hey how very right, we all expect things right now, no one wants to wait, everything has to be instantanious. what a crazy mixed up world we live in. Luv paul
PAUL DAVEY aka Soldier Blue This is What all Clever Adlanders are doing now. You need to take a serious look at this.. We provide traders a simple, easy to follow binary option signal service that can be used with Nadex FREE TRAINING for the novice, easy to follow methods for winning trading binary options. So if you are learning trading or just want a reliable source of signals check us out.
+0
Chris Wiseman

783 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/16/2005 6:15:29 PM
Great forum Kathy. Another angle on this would be from the recent incidents here in London UK. What the younger generation are seeing here is a message of "keep going about your daily lives no matter what" by this I mean that no matter how much evil gets thrown at London "we shall not be moved" To take this further in a world where building long term relationships, projects or careers for example seem a waste of time because we could all die tomorrow, the new generation is learning to push harder, expect dreams to come true, to look harder for love, to have mega fun everyday living for that moment. I know this is a crazy mixed up world but as one of my favorite sayings goes :- "out of every adversity comes a seed of equal or greater opportunity" Hopefully out of all bad will come stronger, more loving people searching for a fair way to trade and do business and build a better world (we can only hope on that one).
Have a fantastic day Chris Wiseman Personal Website http://www.cgwpma.com Chris Wiseman Positive About Forums -Take a look http://community.adlandpro.com/forumsMenu.aspx Don't forget to sign the Guestbook http://cgwpma.com/32198/index.html
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/16/2005 6:36:13 PM
Thanks again for this Forum Kathy. There are some real important issues here and we all need to pay attention too. The World is always changing isn't it. Your Friend,
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!