Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Scammers Prey on Trusting People!
8/14/2005 2:07:06 PM
- Thank you Eileen - very important news. What a trick - but Iam afraid that we are just at the beginning... ?
:-(
+0
Donna Lira

572 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/14/2005 3:57:47 PM
Hi Eileen, Thanks for the invite and this valuable information. It is a shame, but it just gets worse and unfortunatly targeted against seniors more and more. You are right, we all need to stay on our toes when it comes to these kinds of scammers. Warm regards, Donna aka Texgirl
+0
8/14/2005 4:16:06 PM
Hi Eileen Seems to be more advantages to not having a phone than I thought. I also protect my finances by using a preload debit card, rather than traditional credit card. Cost a few dollars more, but someone can't get what you don't have. Thanks to you and the others around here wwho keep us informed. While the computer is the ultimate comunicaton tool, it can be used against us, if we are not careful. Good work. Linda
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/14/2005 7:48:47 PM
I want to say Thanks to all my friends for stopping by. **Helen, Lol, Yeah I always said if someone tried to rob me I would hve to laugh at them. I understand that. **Hans, Yes, I am sure they will find more and More ways to scam people. **Donna, It does seem like they are targeting our seniors alot. They must not relize that they re on fixed incomes. It is so sad. **Linda, Yeah That does sound like a good idea, Having a pre-loaded card. You are so right, They can't take what We don't have:)
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/14/2005 11:11:00 PM
I really have to watch myself also with phone calls. I have been in one of those moods when they call and all kinds of things come out of my mouth. I am a talker and if I get the right person on the phone at the right time I do not think staight. I will have to be more careful. Thanks for the reminder Eileen Your Friend,
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!