Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Let's Share Recipes
1/20/2008 1:42:05 AM
Hi Betty,

Both my husband and I love pecan pie. I never make it because it sounded difficult, but I will try your recipe, which sounds easier than what I have seen before. I will let you know how it turns out. I need to get to the store, though, to buy some of the ingredients.

Thanks for sharing! :)

DonnaZ
+0
1/22/2008 8:36:54 AM

Hi Donna,

Thanks for starting this forum and inviting me. I love to cook, but I have to be in the mood. This past week end I did a lot of cooking because, believe it or not, it was cold and snowing here in NC and it just put me in the mood to cook. Here's a recipe that I tried recently and simply loved it.

Ravioli Chicken Soup

Nonstick cooking spray

12 ounces skinless boneless chicken breast cut into 1/2-inch cubes

6 cups chicken broth

1/2 cup sliced leek or chopped onion

1 tablespoon finely choppped peeled fresh ginger

1/4 teaspoon saffron threads, slightly crushed

1 9-ounce package four cheese ravioli

1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves or shredded fresh spinach

1. Lightly coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken in hot saucepan for 3 minutes.

2. Carefully add broth, leek or onion, ginger and saffron. Bring to boiling. Add ravioli. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered for 5 to 9 minutes or until ravioli is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Ladle into bowls. Top each bowl with several spinach leaves or shredded fresh spinach. Makes 4 servings.

Enjoy!

Denise

Live With Passion...
+0
Heidi Stern

607 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 9:44:41 AM

Chicken Breasts with Artichokes and Mushrooms

So Easy, Quick, and Yummy

Serving: 8
Total Time: 30 minutes

INGREDIENTS:
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Onion powder to taste
Paprika to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
Nonstick cooking spray
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
1 bunch green onions (scallions), chopped
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2/3 cup fat-free canned chicken broth
3 tablespoons sherry

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Season the chicken heavily with the onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Place chicken in a 3-quart casserole dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Place the artichoke hearts around the chicken.

In a medium nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, green onions and garlic until tender. Place the mushroom mixture on top of the chicken. In the same skillet, melt the margarine and add the flour, stirring. Gradually add the chicken broth and sherry, cooking until smooth and the sauce comes to a boil. Pour the sauce over all in the casserole. Bake, covered, for 1 hour. Remove the cover, and continue baking for 15 minutes to brown the chicken. Serve.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:
Based on individual serving.
Calories: 184
Total Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 66 mg
Sodium: 250 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 28 g

TIPS:
To omit sherry, wine or any other alcoholic beverage from a recipe, substitute another liquid such as chicken broth or water.
Heidi Stern ~ Your Friend in Wellness
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 6:23:22 PM

Hi Denise,

Welcome to the recipe forum. Thank you for the Ravioli Chicken Soup recipe. It sure sounds different, but good. With those ingredients, it is healthy too!

DonnaZ

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 6:25:12 PM

Hi Heidi,

Wow, that recipe sounds a lot like the Hearts of Palm Chicken that I get when I go to the Outback Restaurant. I am eager to try it out.

Thank you for sharing. Come back anytime!

DonnaZ

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!